New level of disrespect

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #46
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
A whole lot of hype for nothing. This isn't the first article that isn't going to have the Redskins or their position players rated at the top of the league. Let the play determine the ranking come September, and let's not get our panties in a wad over some analysts idea of where the Redskins stand.
I agree and think a person has to earn their respect and the facts are the Redskins have only had 2005 and then just flopped last year so they need to earn the respect.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #47
Rajmahal33
Special Teams

Even IF this report is right and we have one of the worst QB situations (which i completely disagree with), it doesn't mean that we are not going to be productive offensively. We do have one of the best lines in football with two very very capable backs running behind them. Also having Saunders enter his second year has got to count for something. We have a talented receiving corps with some good depth as well. Basically even if Campbell lacks talent like this breakdown suggests, we can still be a playoff team without a doubt if our offense fires on all cylinders...Now about the defense, thats the real question IMO
Old 07-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #48
steveo395
The Starter

Who was ranked below us?

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #49
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
Who was ranked below us?
KC and Minnesota
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #50
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajmahal33 View Post
Even IF this report is right and we have one of the worst QB situations (which i completely disagree with), it doesn't mean that we are not going to be productive offensively. We do have one of the best lines in football with two very very capable backs running behind them. Also having Saunders enter his second year has got to count for something. We have a talented receiving corps with some good depth as well. Basically even if Campbell lacks talent like this breakdown suggests, we can still be a playoff team without a doubt if our offense fires on all cylinders...Now about the defense, thats the real question IMO
That's a good point. You can look at the Giants/Ravens SuperBowl as an example of poor QB teams that made it. I, for one, am very excited about JC but still keeping a "wait and see" perspective.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #51
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I think part of the reasoning that a lot of media heads are going on is thier recent history of rightly criticising the skins. Since they've questioned even Gibbs, especially when he drafted JC, it becomes hard now to say that he made a good move after all & found a qb of the future. It's way too early for any of them to eat crow, we have to win first w/JC, but I really question anyone's judgement that watched him last year & still doesn't see great potential.

Since they won't say it, I will; Jason Campbell, future Super Bowl MVP!
I don't think many question was or gibbs for that matter, what everyone question was his move to the first round before the draft started to get him everyone thought he would be there in the second round, and being that Rodgers who was the #2 QB and fell 1 spot before you took campbell so I have no doubt he would had gone early second round and that's what the media complains that Snyder/Gibbs sold the farm to early and we now know how much value draft picks have.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #52
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
That's a good point. You can look at the Giants/Ravens SuperBowl as an example of poor QB teams that made it. I, for one, am very excited about JC but still keeping a "wait and see" perspective.
I'll go on record right now as saying that ALREADY JC is better than freaking Trent Dilfer.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #53
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I'll go on record right now as saying that ALREADY JC is better than freaking Trent Dilfer.
Sweet! You've just coined his new nickname: Jason "Already" Campbell!

...eh, maybe not.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #54
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

YES! I like it...
Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #55
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Jason Already Campbell, JAC, like Jacked up....speaking of jacked up, I have an idea for this years round of Chunky soup commercials.

I'd like to see McNabb and his Mom dancing around gleefully about Campbell's Chunk Soup, when suddenly a rocket spiral knocks his Mom out of her shoes. JC enters the picture and punks McNabb for his bowl of soup and says "sorry D, this is Campbell's soup", and then he walks away tossing the football to himself whistling Hail to the Redskins.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #56
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Jason Already Campbell, JAC, like Jacked up....speaking of jacked up, I have an idea for this years round of Chunky soup commercials.

I'd like to see McNabb and his Mom dancing around gleefully about Campbell's Chunk Soup, when suddenly a rocket spiral knocks his Mom out of her shoes. JC enters the picture and punks McNabb for his bowl of soup and says "sorry D, this is Campbell's soup", and then he walks away tossing the football to himself whistling Hail to the Redskins.
LOL - Now that's good stuff.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #57
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss View Post
What is so ridiculous about it? Reality doesn't sit well around here.

The fact's are we have a young unproven starter, and absolutly nothing behind him, Brunell and Collins are both a joke and have been since their arrival. Then we may have 2 possible backup's who have never taken a snap in the NFL. Once you come to the realization that Brunell is and has been finished since his arrival, and Collins is nothing more than an individual who understands Saunders offense but can't run it, there you have it, we have all our eggs in 1 basket, and that basket is a young inexperienced QB, after that we have nothing!
Brunell got us to the second round of the playoffs. Brunell to Moss!! He is not a joke!
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #58
JDALY27
Special Teams

Somebody start the season!

All this talk is exactly why they actually PLAY the games.........
JDALY27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #59
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Nah, Brunell is a guy who can manage games and not make the big mistake, which may not win you the superbowl, but is all you can really ask for from a backup.

Yes, you are correct! He's got the Crazy part down, he doesn't get it.

You have to understand the role of your #2 QB, and MB fits the bill THIS year just fine! I watched the film of MB yesterday at Redskin park working out with one of our WR and Yoder and I was really suprised, he looks really good. He will fill his #2 spot just fine!

And his veteran leadership & knowledge will be very helpfull to the developement of JC.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #60
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
I don't think many question was or gibbs for that matter, what everyone question was his move to the first round before the draft started to get him everyone thought he would be there in the second round, and being that Rodgers who was the #2 QB and fell 1 spot before you took campbell so I have no doubt he would had gone early second round and that's what the media complains that Snyder/Gibbs sold the farm to early and we now know how much value draft picks have.
The Skins didn't have a 2nd rnd. pick that year as I recall. They traded their first (the next year's) plus a 3rd for Denver's 1st. JC would've definitely been gone by the time the Skins picked in the 3rd.

While I don't agree w/ a lot of personnel moves we've made - see b. loyd- to go & get JC was the right one, even if he doesn't turn out to be that good. It was the right move because Gibbs believed he could be the qb of the future (as I do) for 10+ years. Paying a 3rd rnd. pick to get the guy you think can lead your franchise for years (because we swapped 1st rnd. picks) is not much of a price.

I guarantee you, in 5-6 years, when people are debating Gibbs II, they will look back at his drafting JC as a major coup.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote