lebron, WOW

Other Sports

Old 05-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #46
djnemo65
Playmaker

Re: lebron, WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Thats why he is the KING, i hope he win's one, and i hope he beat the lakers, cause that will be a match up, cause for the people living in the 80's there are no more magic and bird match ups, that will never be again...in this life or the next, matter of fact, there will never be another Bird, that era is gone and passed.......it will only be lebron and kobe or lebron and dewayne wade...or the other top stars. If you dont like this Kid! then hockey is your sport......enjoy
Or you are a Wizards fan (short memory MasterBlaster?). Nevertheless, I can't force myself to hate the kid. He keeps winning me over.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2009, 03:46 AM   #47
an23dy
Special Teams

I don't understand why people like this guy. Firstly, the Cavs keep beating the Wizards in the play-offs. Once because a completely terrible call where LeBron took 6 steps and then he complains he didn't get an and-one. He complains about calls constantly even though it is so obvious the refs completely cater to him. Like Haywood and then Songalia getting suspended last year in the play-offs. I really think Stern is telling the refs to protect James because every time he goes to the basket it's like they've already decided to call the foul before it happens. He travels more than anybody and gets away with it, and this year he gets called on it once and then tries to say it was a terrible call and it was a crab dribble and he completely incorrectly defines what a crab dribble is. He says it's a hesitation dribble, come on now, I can't believe more people didn't get on him for this. Analysts, everybody said it was a travel, not a single person said otherwise except this guy ...
A long video and not very well made, but some of the points I was making are in here, especially from 5:00 on.
an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #48
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by an23dy View Post
I don't understand why people like this guy. Firstly, the Cavs keep beating the Wizards in the play-offs. Once because a completely terrible call where LeBron took 6 steps and then he complains he didn't get an and-one. He complains about calls constantly even though it is so obvious the refs completely cater to him. Like Haywood and then Songalia getting suspended last year in the play-offs. I really think Stern is telling the refs to protect James because every time he goes to the basket it's like they've already decided to call the foul before it happens. He travels more than anybody and gets away with it, and this year he gets called on it once and then tries to say it was a terrible call and it was a crab dribble and he completely incorrectly defines what a crab dribble is. He says it's a hesitation dribble, come on now, I can't believe more people didn't get on him for this. Analysts, everybody said it was a travel, not a single person said otherwise except this guy
First of all I am a big Wiz fan, and everyone knows he traveled vs. us. Couple points.

1)The traveling is not his fault, it is the NBA. They simply don't call it anymore. If you are in a league that allows you travel and everyone else does it, why not do it yourself? It would be irrational and stupid not to. Wade travels all the time.

2)You said he is a crybaby. What about Kobe? Kobe bitches about calls and stuff constantly. And Kobe also retaliates after he feels a call didn't go his way. I have seen a ton of dirty elbows, pushes, etc. from him. I rarely see that from LeBron. Kobe complains a ton to the refs too; I think you are just being bias.

3) You really think the league protects one player? What about that playoff game when Wade went to the free throw line about 40 times? They just call a lot of touch fouls and intentionals for no reason. The game has changed, not because of LeBron.

4)You make it seem like he sucks. Now let's not go DeShawn(sp) here but he is not overrated. Especially this year. Improved his three point shot, assists, free-throw percentage, etc. He also plays D like no other with blocks, plus he boards. He isn't as pure or fundamental as Kobe, but he is a damn good scorer and a team player.

5)One point people brought up was that he wasn't clutch(I use to as well). Case in point last game.

I use to be a big hater like you man, but it is time to see the truth. He is a damn good player. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Orlando to win but that doesn't mean you can't respect his skill. Plus from all accounts, he is a nice guy liked by his locker room.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #49
dmek25
MVP

hoo, why is everyone hatin?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #50
MasterBlaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Or you are a Wizards fan (short memory MasterBlaster?). Nevertheless, I can't force myself to hate the kid. He keeps winning me over.
nope! but i''m not a Cav's fan either, just know, that, he is being hated on alot, by idiots, like Skip Bayless, this guy talk's a big game, but I bet he wouldnt say that shit to their face, oh yeah, he is a big athlete, he run's marthaon's and POKER IS A SPORT :vomit:
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #51
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
nope! but i''m not a Cav's fan either, just know, that, he is being hated on alot, by idiots, like Skip Bayless, this guy talk's a big game, but I bet he wouldnt say that shit to their face, oh yeah, he is a big athlete, he run's marthaon's and POKER IS A SPORT :vomit:
Your life will be much better if you don't ever listen to that man. I stopped about a year ago. He is without a doubt my least favorite person in sports-related television. I swear ESPN pays him to be a contrarian and to ruffle feathers intentionally. A lot of his opinions are just laughably ignorant.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #52
an23dy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
First of all I am a big Wiz fan, and everyone knows he traveled vs. us. Couple points.

1)The traveling is not his fault, it is the NBA. They simply don't call it anymore. If you are in a league that allows you travel and everyone else does it, why not do it yourself? It would be irrational and stupid not to. Wade travels all the time.

2)You said he is a crybaby. What about Kobe? Kobe bitches about calls and stuff constantly. And Kobe also retaliates after he feels a call didn't go his way. I have seen a ton of dirty elbows, pushes, etc. from him. I rarely see that from LeBron. Kobe complains a ton to the refs too; I think you are just being bias.

3) You really think the league protects one player? What about that playoff game when Wade went to the free throw line about 40 times? They just call a lot of touch fouls and intentionals for no reason. The game has changed, not because of LeBron.

4)You make it seem like he sucks. Now let's not go DeShawn(sp) here but he is not overrated. Especially this year. Improved his three point shot, assists, free-throw percentage, etc. He also plays D like no other with blocks, plus he boards. He isn't as pure or fundamental as Kobe, but he is a damn good scorer and a team player.

5)One point people brought up was that he wasn't clutch(I use to as well). Case in point last game.

I use to be a big hater like you man, but it is time to see the truth. He is a damn good player. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Orlando to win but that doesn't mean you can't respect his skill. Plus from all accounts, he is a nice guy liked by his locker room.
I'll agree with you on most of your points, but I do have some comments on your comments. The Kobe retaliating point is good and I don't like it, but I'd rather that than somebody just act tough all the time and never back it up and then flop around everywhere and cry all game. Just like I have no respect for the way Manu Ginobli and the way he plays. I'm sure my points have flaws in them and I may see LeBron a little too critically since I was a Jordan fan, but some of this stuff has to have some truth to it.

1) I would say LeBron is the biggest culprit of taking advantage of traveling.

2) I don't like Kobe either. He's one of the guys I dislike most, but I see LeBron as worse because he doesn't understand the game. How can LeBron be so ignorant to continue to say he didn't travel against the Wizards even though everyone is against him, he didn't have a single person in his corner.

3) I don't think they're protecting one player, but they do protect the stars and he seems to benefit the most from it as he is the rising star of the NBA. That along with traveling are two reasons why I dislike the NBA and how it takes away from the purity of the game and real competition to find out who is better without unfair influence.

4) He's good, definitely, I just don't like how he is handed everything by the refs and then complains and acts like a child. He nor Kobe carries themselves like Jordan did. They all competed on the court, but Jordan just seemed to carry himself with so much more respect and he seemed to have so much more knowledge about the game. Maybe when LeBron is older he'll be different, but I think it's also a lot because these guys never played ball in college. I think that's where you learn about discipline and hard work and you get an education, not only about basketball but about life. Jordan learned from Dean Smith, but Kobe and LeBron never had a mentor like that.

5) I wouldn't use one shot to prove he is clutch. He's young so he'll get a lot more chances on that front.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #53
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Didn't want to start a thread so i will dub this the NBA thread.

So um i was the impression basketball protects its superstars. And Dwight Howard is one of the more recognizable players and defensive player of the year, yet somehow he has 3 to 4 fouls by halftime every game. Discuss...
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #54
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
Didn't want to start a thread so i will dub this the NBA thread.

So um i was the impression basketball protects its superstars. And Dwight Howard is one of the more recognizable players and defensive player of the year, yet somehow he has 3 to 4 fouls by halftime every game. Discuss...
The NBA has the worst officiating of all pro sports hands down. The only consistency is inconsistency (except when it comes to LeBron and Kobe- they get nearly every call, and cry like a babies when they don't ).The league wants LeBron vs. Kobe SOOOO badly. The best way to make that happen? Call ticky tack fouls on Dwight Howard. He had 3 fouls early in the 2nd quarter, and his 4th foul was a horrific call. If you fart in LeBron's direction you get called for a foul.

Stern cares about ratings. Remember the time he was asked what his ideal NBA Finals matchup would be? His answer: "The Lakers vs. the Lakers." That should pretty much tell you what you need to know.

Last edited by GMScud; 05-24-2009 at 11:41 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #55
GMScud
Swearinger

5 mins left in the 4th quarter and LeBron has been to the line 18 times. He just bowled over Pietrus and they called a block instead of a charge. I guess it's cool to lower your shoulder and truck a guy.

LeBron is an awesome talent, but the way he's officiated is so damn aggrivating.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #56
GMScud
Swearinger

Dwight just had the cleanest block I've ever seen on LeBron with 36 seconds left, and of course LeBron gets the foul call and goes to the line to shoot 3 free throws. It's criminal.

24 free throws for LeBron. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat tonight from the field, yet he's got 40+ points.

End Rant.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #57
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

all the bad calls in the world couldn't save them tonight. I like Lebron but i end up rooting for the underdogs when my team isn't playing.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #58
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by an23dy View Post
I'll agree with you on most of your points, but I do have some comments on your comments. The Kobe retaliating point is good and I don't like it, but I'd rather that than somebody just act tough all the time and never back it up and then flop around everywhere and cry all game. Just like I have no respect for the way Manu Ginobli and the way he plays. I'm sure my points have flaws in them and I may see LeBron a little too critically since I was a Jordan fan, but some of this stuff has to have some truth to it.

1) I would say LeBron is the biggest culprit of taking advantage of traveling.

2) I don't like Kobe either. He's one of the guys I dislike most, but I see LeBron as worse because he doesn't understand the game. How can LeBron be so ignorant to continue to say he didn't travel against the Wizards even though everyone is against him, he didn't have a single person in his corner.

3) I don't think they're protecting one player, but they do protect the stars and he seems to benefit the most from it as he is the rising star of the NBA. That along with traveling are two reasons why I dislike the NBA and how it takes away from the purity of the game and real competition to find out who is better without unfair influence.

4) He's good, definitely, I just don't like how he is handed everything by the refs and then complains and acts like a child. He nor Kobe carries themselves like Jordan did. They all competed on the court, but Jordan just seemed to carry himself with so much more respect and he seemed to have so much more knowledge about the game. Maybe when LeBron is older he'll be different, but I think it's also a lot because these guys never played ball in college. I think that's where you learn about discipline and hard work and you get an education, not only about basketball but about life. Jordan learned from Dean Smith, but Kobe and LeBron never had a mentor like that.

5) I wouldn't use one shot to prove he is clutch. He's young so he'll get a lot more chances on that front.
that statement leads me to believe you know nothing about hoops. James scores a ton, leads his team in assists, and grabs 8-9 boards a game. he was also second in defensive player of the year voting. because he is smart enough to take advantage of the way a game is called is using the rules to your advantage. he would be stupid not to. and he also knows if he complains enough about that traveling call, the next time its a no call. and on top of that, he is one step way from taking Mo Williams, and 3 stiffs to the finals again
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #59
an23dy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
that statement leads me to believe you know nothing about hoops. James scores a ton, leads his team in assists, and grabs 8-9 boards a game. he was also second in defensive player of the year voting. because he is smart enough to take advantage of the way a game is called is using the rules to your advantage. he would be stupid not to. and he also knows if he complains enough about that traveling call, the next time its a no call. and on top of that, he is one step way from taking Mo Williams, and 3 stiffs to the finals again
I know a lot about basketball, maybe more than LeBron. If he really thinks he didn't travel and he made up a new move that allows 3 steps and doesn't see what's wrong with those 2 things, when nobody agrees with him on either topic, then I will say I am smarter than him just based on that. He may know how to jump high and bowl people over and travel and score points, but that doesn't mean he knows the game. Just because you're good at something doesn't mean you have to understand it. I think LeBron has better players around him than people give him credit. Mo Williams is an all-star, he's just coming into his own in the NBA. Daniel Gibson won the 3-point contest and he doesn't even play now. Ben Wallace is a former all star and he doesn't play that much. Joe Smith is a former #1 pick. Wally Sczerbiak was an all-star and he averaged double digits every year until he got to Cleveland. It seems like everybody gets worse whenever they come to the Cavs. Maybe LeBron's style of play isn't beneficial to other members of the team.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #60
dmek25
MVP

you bringing up Sczerbiak tells me alot. i done debating with you