Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-23-2009, 02:41 AM   #46
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

re: Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I've only broken down about two halves since the bye week, so I'm hardly an expert on the last seven games, but my take is that Carter and Orakpo are doing what they are doing independant of what Haynesworth is providing. I don't really see Haynesworth collapsing the pocket to help them.

What I frequently do see is a guy who is playing his gap, and winning his one on ones very consistently. I'm just a bit surprised that so many teams are going 1 v 1 on Haynesworth, and I'm very surprised he hasn't had a bigger impact.

With that said, his effect on a game is clear every time he takes the field. Haynesworth goes 100% on nearly every play, and I just wish he could stay healthy. I just don't think his effect on a game is being reflected in Orakpo's or Carter's numbers.

As to his salary: it's almost unheard of to be able to add an impact player without giving up a draft pick. A lot of Haynesworth's salary is simply the difference between a free-market acquisition, and an extension given to a player who we traded a high draft pick to get. It was worth it, but the potential downside is staying with the player too long because you owe him money.
I'm not sure man

I don't see Carter coming back this year and vanden bosch only having 3 sacks without AH being an influence on that.. tripp you have pretty numbers, but pretty numbers are often very analytical and don't have as much to do with the overall picture.. I get why some stats are come out with and how you follow the fballo's but there's a lot more to it

seeing the overall picture helps with that.. which I think that you do mostly well, but I think that maybe you put too much focus on these stats that matter to those that make them up, but won't be a part of major stats for awhile

honestly there's a gap to be bridged between them because they both matter, but they can be far extremes as well
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2009, 02:47 AM   #47
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I'm not sure man

I don't see Carter coming back this year and vanden bosch only having 3 sacks without AH being an influence on that.. tripp you have pretty numbers, but pretty numbers are often very analytical and don't have as much to do with the overall picture.. I get why some stats are come out with and how you follow the fballo's but there's a lot more to it

seeing the overall picture helps with that.. which I think that you do mostly well, but I think that maybe you put too much focus on these stats that matter to those that make them up, but won't be a part of major stats for awhile

honestly there's a gap to be bridged between them because they both matter, but they can be far extremes as well
The above post had not one thing to do with stats. I can pull out all sorts of fancy metrics that pinpoint exactly where our defense ranks and what our pass rush ranks and such, but there's nothing that would justify the above.

Like you said, I think the Titans are missing him, but he had 8 sacks last year with them. I think our scheme is primarily responsible for the downturn in production. And I think he's been great here, particularly in short yardage situations. I think there's a whole number of stats that would show his impact for our team. But ultimately, I feel that there's not enough there to suggest that Carter and Orakpo's production is due to anyone except themselves.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:55 AM   #48
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Are you kidding me w/ this silly thread??? AH takes so many damn plays off it's not even funny. He's lazy, he's not in shape, he showed up out of shape and it's carried on all through the season and it shows up in his play. Who cares if he slugs a guy when D. Hall is fighting? That's not leadership! It's stupid cause you just got 15 yards. If your fat ass was a leader then you'd get in D. Hall's face and tell him to stop fighting and ball! Haynesworth is the kind of guy you can't win with cause your highest paid guy needs to be a leader by example....aka Reggie White. This fat ass is a joke and I don't care if I get flamed.
If you know you're going to get flamed then make a better argument, otherwise just keep your bad arguments to yourself.

Quote:
I fully applaud Mike Smith. He saw his QB get hit late and he wanted a piece of someone. I have no problem with that. Guys talk shit on the field all the time....there was some pushing and shoving and some f bombs. Big deal. It's football, not golf.
So for you is ok for an NFL coach to go after a player (a player in the team that you "root" for) because he saw his QB getting sack (a bit late). Yet you have an issue with Haynesworth defending Hall after he was getting mugged by Jacobs and one of the Giants guard?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #49
dmek25
MVP

if you knew what kind of player Haynesworth is, then we are more then getting our moneys worth. but if you were expecting 100 tackles, and double digit sacks, that's not him. im glad he is here
Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #50
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
You're from TX; incompetence and a lack of knowledge is expected.
nevermind,not going to resort to a personal attack
Old 12-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #51
rypper11
The Starter

Re: Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

AH plays with more passion than anyone else on the team. Few, if any, tackles in the NFL play more than Haynesworth. He gets pressure on the qb consistently while also stuffing the running game. Other teams look for when he is not in the game and then attempt to run between the tackles. Otherwise they run on the edges.
As for Jacobs, I agree with the earlier post that Jacobs instigated and should have been ejected. AH was defending his teammate. Should he have just watched Hall get pummeled?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #52
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Maybe the best thing that could happen for Albert would be a defensive coordinator with a scheme designed to take advantage of what he does best. Blaches' scheme does not provide that and one can clearly see his frustration as a result of it. I'm for keeping the big guy happy in hopes of getting his best effort all the time. His not being happy with the scheme could explain his attitude and his in and out of the lineup. He's not our first DL player that has acused the DC of holding them back. Scheme to fit the player as oposed to insisting the player fit the scheme.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #53
flashalexb
Camp Scrub

Haynesworth playing 70% of the time is a bargain when you consider all of the other $100 million dollars players out there (all quarterbacks) who essentially take a play off every time they hand the ball off to a running back and that happens at least 40% of their playing time.
flashalexb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #54
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yet you had no problem with Mike Smith sticking up for one of his own guys

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post622767
Two totally different situations. Did Mike Smith punch anyone? I didn't see him him flat out punch someone. He got in D. Hall's face and talked some shit and and there was some pushing and shoving. Please, don't even try to compare the two. If Mike Smith cold cocked someone his ass would've got a long suspension.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #55
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
You are completely incorrect. The increased sack numbers for AC and at least half of those by Orakpo can be directly attributed to the presence of AH. We knew what we were getting with him, you get a difference-making 1-tech DT for about 67-70% of the defensive snaps each season. The FO felt he was worth it and I agree. If the salary cap goes away, he is nothing but a positive as long as he stays healthy (no seasone-ending injuries, but that could be said about any player). We just need to take into consideration that he won't be on the field 30% of the time and make sure we have a good DT rotation, which at this point I believe is the least of our worries.
The sack total is up and he may help out a little there. But is the defense any better? Are we better against the run? No. You can argue that we're worse. I'm sure the stat guys can compare this year to last years numbers.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #56
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Two totally different situations. Did Mike Smith punch anyone? I didn't see him him flat out punch someone. He got in D. Hall's face and talked some shit and and there was some pushing and shoving. Please, don't even try to compare the two. If Mike Smith cold cocked someone his ass would've got a long suspension.
I'm just bringing up the basic point that you didn't have a problem with one situation where a guy was sticking up for another (Mike Smith got hit with a big fine for that by the way, while Hall wasn't fined, something you never acknowledged).

But you have a problem with AH sticking up for his own guys. Just doesn't seem to add up, but obviously you have an axe to grind with guys like AH and Hall so it's not unexpected I guess.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Haynesworth plays 70+% of his defense's snaps, takes a breather on the sideline and he's a wimp...Riggins played 70+% of his offense's snaps (I'm guessing), sucks down oxygen every time he sat on the sidelines and he's a warrior
Old 12-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #58
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If you know you're going to get flamed then make a better argument, otherwise just keep your bad arguments to yourself.

So for you is ok for an NFL coach to go after a player (a player in the team that you "root" for) because he saw his QB getting sack (a bit late). Yet you have an issue with Haynesworth defending Hall after he was getting mugged by Jacobs and one of the Giants guard?
Get outta with that child's play nonsense. As I said, two different situations. The QB was hit late out of bounds and then Hall went back and started talking shit and he was looking for a fight on the Atlanta bench. Smith got in his face and took up for his QB. Did Mike Smith throw a punch? No. Meanwhile Hall is out there again causing trouble talking shit. Just go back to the damn huddle. I realize that jacobs hit him first but Hall actually grabbed his face mask first. You're getting your ass beat. Just play ball and stop all the chatter. AH came to his defense AGAIN. Did Darrell Green ever get in fights like this????
Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #59
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Hall didn't grab Jacobs' facemask. Jacobs grabbed Hall's and then threw a punch
Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #60
dmek25
MVP

why the hatred for Hall? watch the replay. Manning swings the ball to Jacobs, and the ref is in the process of blowing the play dead. Jacobs drops the ball, and Hall precedes to make a play- on the ball. Jacobs then swings, not once, but twice at Hall. what would you expect someone on your team to do? if he simply runs back to the huddle, Monday morning you're starting a thread on how Hall has no heart. im glad he didnt take that punk Jacobs shit. talk about someone that needs an attitude adjustment. remember a couple of seasons ago when Jacobs claimed Sean Taylor was cheap shotting him? he is nothing but a 6'5'' p****y