Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Report: Shots Fired on Virginia Tech Campus

Parking Lot

Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Report: Shots Fired on Virginia Tech Campus

5 kids and step children? I'd like to donate to that family. A tragic to say the least.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #47
firstdown
Living Legend

I heard that today about the officer and all the kids he left behind. I hope the campus supports his family for all he did.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #48
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
5 kids and step children? I'd like to donate to that family. A tragic to say the least.
Here is some information from V.Tech's website:

Memorial fund established for family of Deriek Crouse

A memorial fund has been established to support the needs of the family of Deriek Crouse, the Virginia Tech Police officer who was fatally shot Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011. Those wishing to contribute can mail checks, payable to “Deriek Crouse Memorial Fund,” to the address below:

National Bank of Blacksburg
Attn: Dana Sutphin
P.O. Box 90002
Blacksburg, VA 24062-9002

Those seeking more information about the fund should call 540-552-2011 and ask to speak with Dana Sutphin, branch manager.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #49
12thMan
MVP

Man, I just don't understand why shit like this happens. Why do people do mean things like kill each other for no reason. Like, that could have been me or you...or one of our loved ones...but it seems like it's always some other unfortunate person. I just don't understand this shit at all.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #50
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Edit: my cousin's cousin was married to the officer and had his 5 kids, so thoughts and prayers for her and my non-immediate family. I know they're hurting right now. Just stupid and senseless.

Last edited by mooby; 12-09-2011 at 12:25 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #51
SBXVII
Franchise Player

While VA Tech was going through their catastrophy, another officer was shot yesterday...

Police-Involved Shooting on I-95 South | NBC Washington

Quote:
A Virginia State trooper and a suspect were injured in a shooting on southbound Interstate 95 near mile marker 116 near the Caroline-Spotsylvania county line.

Trooper M.H. Hamer responded to a report about a pedestrian on the highway. After Hamer put the pedestrian in the patrol vehicle, a struggle ensued and both were shot.

Hamer suffered a gunshot wound to the leg and was transported by ambulance to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg with serious, non-life-threatening injuries. He is stable after surgery.
EDIT: Oops sorry left this part out:
Quote:
The pedestrian was flown to Mary Washington Hospital with life-threatening gunshot injuries.

Last edited by SBXVII; 12-09-2011 at 01:57 PM.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #52
mlmpetert
Playmaker

^ Yeah 95 North was stright up closed in Richmond yesterday. Everyone was wondering if it was related to the VT shooting at first.

The whole VT thing seems pretty crazy when you hear it. The cop was basically executed by a non student who stole a car from Radford and then killed himself when his escape plan didnt work. Just crazy. If the guy was holding a grudge against the cop youd think hed come up with a better plan then shooting a cop on campus during the day. Maybe the guy was on PCP or something?

Horrible day for the families of the police officer, all right before Christmas. Definitely thinking of them