McDonald's Cashier Loses It

Parking Lot

Old 10-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #46
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: McDonald's Cashier Loses It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It probably has less to do with his actions and more on the fact that he was recently out of prison on parole, so getting in trouble like this is considered a parole violation and he has to stay in jail until they decide what they are going to do to him.

I find it baffling that they aren't charging the woman for assaulting that man in the first place.

But the comments by the McDonalds' owner is the most hilarious.

"Operating safe, welcoming restaurants is my top priority. I am fully cooperating with authorities in the investigation.”
They are so worried about being safe that not only did they decline 24/7 security from off duty NYPD officers, but they also hired a fresh out of jail convicted felon who had served time for a violent crime.

I'm not bashing on the guy, i'm truly not, but i'm trying to understand the decisions of the Mc-Owner who went to the college of McDonalds Hamburgerology. They are already in a hood, they have incidents in there all the time according to other news articles, so its hard to feel bad for them.

Still aghast that no charges are being filed on the woman who initially started the fight by slapping, punching, and chasing the man who initially tried to get away.
They charged the women with menacing, trespassing and disorderly conduct.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #47
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I think initially when the women jumped the counter and came after him, he had every right in the world to defend himself.

After the women fall to the floor and they're obviously injured and are in no way able to harm him, it's changed from self defense to assault. You think they're gonna be stupid enough to come after a dude with a weapon? I don't care who you are, you pull a weapon of any sort on me and I'm out.

And shame on his co-workers. Did absolutely nothing to help him out. You don't wanna jump in front of him, but if he's wielding a weapon and bashing some womens faces in, you'd think SOMEONE would try to grab him, the weapon or the women. Around 45 seconds into the video the dude stops hitting the women, shakes his head up and down in a way that says, "Oh yeah? Now what are you gonna do" and then hits them a few more times. Its at that point I think it went from self defense to assault.

As lame as it sounds, with all the drama that goes on at fast food restaurants, I really think companies should strongly consider hiring security guards.
I agree in a sense that it may have been self defense in the time leading up to where he got both of them on the ground but did the guy really need a metal rod to hold off two women that likely had never been trained in any form of self defense and were without weapons? And furthermore wouldn't the metal rod had been better used as a "get the f back" threat then as an actual weapon?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 10-22-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #48
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I agree in a sense that it may have been self defense in the time leading up to where he got both of them on the ground but did the guy really need a metal rod to hold off two women that likely had never been trained in any form of self defense and were without weapons? And furthermore wouldn't the metal rod had been better used as a "get the f back" threat then as an actual weapon?
I agree. Like I said, if I'm going after someone and they use a weapon of any sort and I'm unarmed, I'm immediately backing off. I think this is a case where we're watching someone in the midst of losing his sense of reason. I was a psych / criminal law major so I find the entire clip interesting yet incredibly sad.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #49
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I think initially when the women jumped the counter and came after him, he had every right in the world to defend himself.

After the women fall to the floor and they're obviously injured and are in no way able to harm him, it's changed from self defense to assault. You think they're gonna be stupid enough to come after a dude with a weapon? I don't care who you are, you pull a weapon of any sort on me and I'm out.

And shame on his co-workers. Did absolutely nothing to help him out. You don't wanna jump in front of him, but if he's wielding a weapon and bashing some womens faces in, you'd think SOMEONE would try to grab him, the weapon or the women. Around 45 seconds into the video the dude stops hitting the women, shakes his head up and down in a way that says, "Oh yeah? Now what are you gonna do" and then hits them a few more times. Its at that point I think it went from self defense to assault.

As lame as it sounds, with all the drama that goes on at fast food restaurants, I really think companies should strongly consider hiring security guards.
I want to agree with you. I just don't think any of us can really tell if they were rendered defenseless or not. I understand they were injured however it's possible one or both I them had additional weapons. From the video my first instinct is to say he went to far, that said if I had just been attacked by anyone I would make sure they weren't moving at all.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #50
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
They charged the women with menacing, trespassing and disorderly conduct.
I think this is exactly his point. They hit him in the face, he backs off, then they rush him. That is assault.

When you're defending yourself in a situation like this you don't assume they lack training or more brutal weapons. People act like this guy had hours to analyze the situation. Here's the situation, two crazy bitches are rushing me. I'm putting them down the best way I know how.

Of the discussions I've seen about this, this is the only place overly in favor of the two women over the cashier, which is a bit interesting to me.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #51
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I think this is exactly his point. They hit him in the face, he backs off, then they rush him. That is assault.

When you're defending yourself in a situation like this you don't assume they lack training or more brutal weapons. People act like this guy had hours to analyze the situation. Here's the situation, two crazy bitches are rushing me. I'm putting them down the best way I know how.

Of the discussions I've seen about this, this is the only place overly in favor of the two women over the cashier, which is a bit interesting to me.
Yes I feel the same way. Especially now in light that she essentially got off with no charges. This guy is probably going to back to jail and it is unfair that he acted in self-defence and is now penalized.

The bottom line is when you go into some low class place like McDonalds or Wal-mart, i guess we can almost expect for something like this to happen.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #52
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Yes I feel the same way. Especially now in light that she essentially got off with no charges. This guy is probably going to back to jail and it is unfair that he acted in self-defence and is now penalized.

The bottom line is when you go into some low class place like McDonalds or Wal-mart, i guess we can almost expect for something like this to happen.
That's quite the impressive leap you made there. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know that their McDonald's isn't safe and if you go there, you're just asking to be assaulted...it's their own fault, really.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #53
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
That's quite the impressive leap you made there. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know that their McDonald's isn't safe and if you go there, you're just asking to be assaulted...it's their own fault, really.
You're taking what I said out of context. This Mc-Donalds in question was in a high crime, very dangerous area. They have had multiple indicents over the past year, but despite that they declined security by NYPD. The point I failed to make was at a place like that you are basically flipping a coin on if you get in and out without incident.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #54
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I like how you just decided to go ahead and throw Wal Mart into this discussion
Old 10-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #55
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I like how you just decided to go ahead and throw Wal Mart into this discussion
It's almost like he has a Walmart vendetta or something.

Cough

http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lo...s-walmart.html

Cough
Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #56
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
You're taking what I said out of context. This Mc-Donalds in question was in a high crime, very dangerous area. They have had multiple indicents over the past year, but despite that they declined security by NYPD. The point I failed to make was at a place like that you are basically flipping a coin on if you get in and out without incident.
I didn't remember your other post from this thread, so I suppose I could have taken it was somewhat out of context. However, that context wasn't at all represented in the post I quoted...lol.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

I know every time I walk into a McDonald's or Wal-Mart, a beat-down is almost always in progress. Heck that's about the only reason to go to these low life places.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #58
mlmpetert
Playmaker

The Walmart close to where i live has a McDonald's in it.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #59
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
The Walmart close to where i live has a McDonald's in it.
they must be rapin' everybody up in there
Old 10-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #60
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
they must be rapin' everybody up in there
You could only imagine.....