Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What would you do if this was your son?

Parking Lot

Old 11-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #46
firstdown
Living Legend

re: What would you do if this was your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Did you use this to come up with that post:

That post I made was a joke.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: What would you do if this was your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Here is the one fault I have with the mom, is she put it on the internet and now the whole world is wrapped up in it when it could have been contained to their little world.

Too many parents now a days and it is mainly the moms at fault have to blog every second of their kids life it is sicken and unfair to the children who have no privacy.
Preach. Good topic for the parking lot I suppose, but why'd she feel the need to blog about it? Guess it's just part of her "journal"
Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #48
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
What if that was my son ?

It wouldn't be. Point blank. I love my little boy to death, but I was raised a certain way and my son will know what it for females and what is for males. Just not for me. I know this isn't on the same level but if my son started chewing with his mouth open I wouldn't say hey son go on and be who you want to be. I say, Bernard, chew with your mouth closed son. If my son said hey dad I want to dress up as Dora, I'd say no son, You can go as Diego because Dora is a girl and you are a boy. If my son wanted to wear a Redskins Cheerleader outfit either, you want some Skins gear you better rock this sweatsuit or a jersey. My son will be who he will be no matter what I do but as a parent it's my job to steer him in the best way possible as I see it. He, much like I did, will choose which way he wants to go. I wasn't raised to curse but I do. Wasn't raised to burn trees, but I have. Wasn't raised to drink, I just finished having 2 Remy's and a MGD.

As far as the mother, I can't say that I'm proud of her but that's her child and she can do whatever she wants when it comes to him. But if it's my boy, no chance.

And Schneed I agree with you, I would have had a field day with that little boy until he started crying and I got in trouble but I would've taken that L for real. Couldn't have pased up the chance to break out some new material on a little dude dressd as Daphne,....and he had the purple boot covers PLUS the handbag ?
Agree 100%. Everybody's on this anti-bullying kick right now, but you can't fight human nature. As Schneed says, this is the way people enforce social norms. Yes, there have to be limits so that you don't see events like those of the last couple months happen, but overall, people need to be able to handle criticism if they choose to let their freak flag fly. It really seems like the overwhelming minority are trying to force a new set of rules on the rest of us with this bullshit. I look at that pic and think, that poor little boy, nobody's looking out for his best interest. The mom is clearly taking her skewed view of current events and is using her kid to make a statement. Her obvious predisposition to saying that her kid is gay is pretty indicative of that. If what she says is true, and that's a pretty big if, and this little boy requested to dress up like Daphne, guess what, you need to step up and suggest some alternatives and steer him away from a potentially harmful situation (in a non-traumatic way of course). He's five. Plenty of time for him later in life to get involved in political activism if he so chooses. Completely irresponsible parenting in my opinion.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #49
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Who the hell cares what the kid wears? It's halloween for Christ's sake, its not like he dresses like this everyday. I know grown heterosexual men who go in drag for Halloween.

Sometimes I'm glad that the older generation will stroke out before mine, because some people are absolutely freaking ridiculous.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #50
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Buster you're a serious idiot. It's an established scientific fact that homosexuality is genetic.

Sometimes you do get a psychologically damaged person swinging one way or another, but by and large it's hardwired.
Yeah, that post was the dumbest I've read in a while. Homosexuality is choice... LOL. One of my employees is the most flamboyantly gay man I have ever met in my life, and it's not even close. Not a snowball's chance in hell he just "decided" to be that way.

This thread has been a good read for me, as a recently married guy planning on trying to have kids in the near future. Thanks to all that have posted.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #51
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That post I made was a joke.
Sorry, this thing is broken:

Old 11-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #52
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Well, this is from 2008, but the researchers here seem to find that both environmental factors and genetics played a role in homosexuality.
Homosexual Behavior Largely Shaped By Genetics And Random Environmental Factors

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:32 AM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Who the hell cares what the kid wears? It's halloween for Christ's sake, its not like he dresses like this everyday. I know grown heterosexual men who go in drag for Halloween.

Sometimes I'm glad that the older generation will stroke out before mine, because some people are absolutely freaking ridiculous.
I'll definitely second that. There have been been too many jackass responses in this thread for me to want to continue this conversation. Who gives a flying **** if the kid wants to wear a woman's costume on Halloween? I'd start getting concerned if he decided he wanted to wear that to school every day of the week.

And it's not the bullying I'm concerned about. As has been mentioned, that's the way it goes, you either suck it up, or do w/e you wanna do. I just want to know why all the other parents gotta get involved in somebody else's business. Would any of the parents here, on this message board, not get pissed if I told them how to raise their kid?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #54
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I would dress up with him. Wearing the exact same costume or a similar one.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #55
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'll definitely second that. There have been been too many jackass responses in this thread for me to want to continue this conversation. Who gives a flying **** if the kid wants to wear a woman's costume on Halloween? I'd start getting concerned if he decided he wanted to wear that to school every day of the week.

And it's not the bullying I'm concerned about. As has been mentioned, that's the way it goes, you either suck it up, or do w/e you wanna do. I just want to know why all the other parents gotta get involved in somebody else's business. Would any of the parents here, on this message board, not get pissed if I told them how to raise their kid?
Yeah I'm on the same page as you. If I saw another parent make a face that my child noticed and consequently felt self-conscious, them's fightin words.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #56
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I dressed up as Benjamin Franklin when I was 5...and now I fly kites in the rain, churn my own butter and run an apothecary

Well he did go as Daphne from Scooby Doo, and had dressed up as Scooby himself the previous couple of years

The kids weren't the issue, it was the moms who were saying stuff
The woman claims her son is gay at age 5. This is beyond a costume, she's introducing and pushing the kid to make a choice he shouldn't even be considering for at least another decade, if ever at all.

I also agree with those asking where the father (or his influence) is. No matter what side you're on, the whole topic of sexual choices is completely inappropriate for a child this young. She's blatantly using her son to make some sick social statement.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #57
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

I told some of my friends who are fathers themselves about this thread and we eventually got to the question of how would we react if our sons had told us that they were gay. Or how we would feel if we found out, point is what would we do ? Would we accept it, condone it ? It was a fun conversation.

My son wants to be Superman now, I flew him around the house with his Redskins blanket around his neck for his cape. While this is going on I thought about the thread because I have to think. Would this little boy want to be Daphne if he had a clear representation of a man at home ? Or was he born with a gene that guarantees that he'll like guys ?

I just rearead my post and I have to edit it a bit. It's not a lock that he's gonna end up gay, but if he did is it because he was born that way or because there wasn't a man at home.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

She's not claiming her son is gay.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #59
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
She's not claiming her son is gay.
She's pretty clearly putting that on the table, despite the fact that him being anything at this point is utter nonsense. Hell, the first words of her blog are "my son is gay." Point is, why put your kid on the f'ing internet dressed up as a drag queen where it will live forever? So, it was his choice to put on the Daphne costume, all questions of proprietry aside, you've now made this something the little guy has to live with forever. Meaning, when he's in high school, kids will still be bringing this up. Imagine he plays sports in school, you don't think opposing fans are going to have giant banners with that pic in the stands? Gay or straight, that shit is going to get old. Completely irresponsible of this woman, in my opinion.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I don't agree with her decision to write anything about it in the first place. But she's not saying her son is gay...unless all you read is the headline