Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Advertisements
Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #47
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

The bad news....

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes

..the good news. Overall debt is going down.

U.S. debt load falling at fastest pace since 1950s - Yahoo! Finance
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #48
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That's counting private debt. Meanwhile the federal debt continues to go up. link
Old 06-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #49
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Mitt Romney really liked the sandwich computer at Wawa | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Quote:
But more than anything, Romney seemed blown away by the Wawa computers, which he raved about.

"You press a little touchtone key pad… You touch this, touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, and there's your sandwich," Romney said. "It's amazing!"
The article is seemingly harmless, but it shows something that's been a trend since he's started. The guy is so out of touch with reality and common people it's not even funny. They might as well have some big banking CEO running for president.

...and on the flip side.

New Obama policy will spare some from deportation - Yahoo! News

Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #50
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Mitt Romney really liked the sandwich computer at Wawa | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

The article is seemingly harmless, but it shows something that's been a trend since he's started. The guy is so out of touch with reality and common people it's not even funny. They might as well have some big banking CEO running for president.

...and on the flip side.

New Obama policy will spare some from deportation - Yahoo! News

You left out what he was really saying about those computers.

It was a technology, he said, that had been fostered by competition—competition he said the federal government lacks in delivering its services to Americans. He said the government's lack of competition and bureaucracy was hurting the United States in keeping jobs that are moving to other countries.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #51
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You left out what he was really saying about those computers.

It was a technology, he said, that had been fostered by competition—competition he said the federal government lacks in delivering its services to Americans. He said the government's lack of competition and bureaucracy was hurting the United States in keeping jobs that are moving to other countries.

Guess what? It's because of guys like HIM that jobs are shipped overseas. DUHHHHH!!

I didnt' miss anything. I was to note how out of touch with reality and common people he is. He's that excited to see this technology that's been out for god knows how long? Shows you he doesn't mingle or have a clue about common people. His personal chef cooks for him, elevators for his cars, etc.....

Not remotely in touch with middle class America.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Guess what? It's because of guys like HIM that jobs are shipped overseas. DUHHHHH!!

I didnt' miss anything. I was to note how out of touch with reality and common people he is. He's that excited to see this technology that's been out for god knows how long? Shows you he doesn't mingle or have a clue about common people. His personal chef cooks for him, elevators for his cars, etc.....

no long term politician is. Seriously, lets put their pay back to 50-75K a year, and then see how many stay in office.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #53
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

The author said he was excited over the computer not him. What was he suppose to say when they showed him how it worked? I guess he could have yawned and said that's old school. All politicains are out of touch with the American people so that not news.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #54
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
no long term politician is. Seriously, lets put their pay back to 50-75K a year, and then see how many stay in office.
Its not the pay they stay for. Its the power and perks that come with the job.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Its not the pay they stay for. Its the power and perks that come with the job.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I doubt they all would stay if they were paid at true middle class pay, with effective regulations on the "perks" of the job.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
thats why we need term limits in the house and the senate.

He Gets Us
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #57
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree, but I doubt they all would stay if they were paid at true middle class pay, with effective regulations on the "perks" of the job.
I would guess most take a pay cut when they run for office. Most are worth millions and you don't get that way over night making $174,000 a year. That's really good money but not great.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #58
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
thats why we need term limits in the house and the senate.
Two terms and a small pension plan.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #59
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
If that was the case then the elevator was installed prior the new laws requiring them to be wheel chair accessible. When new regulations are passed existings buildings get grandfathered unlass they do a major renovation. Seems like someone wanted a very expensive bill passed and he vetoed the unfair legislation.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #60
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If that was the case then the elevator was installed prior the new laws requiring them to be wheel chair accessible. When new regulations are passed existings buildings get grandfathered unlass they do a major renovation. Seems like someone wanted a very expensive bill passed and he vetoed the unfair legislation.
Coming from a guy who had a elevator closed off to anybody but his own personal use is quite funny.

Romney remembered as CEO governor - CNN.com

Quote:
"He had three security people around him, and you could never get to touch him or say hello," said state Rep. Frank Smizik, chairman of the House Committee on Global Warming and Climate Change. "He was very elitist."

On this reporter's unannounced visit to the Legislature, there was no shortage of Democratic lawmakers who complained about Romney's unprecedented move to block off one State House elevator specifically for the governor's office.

"He took over the elevator for the west wing of the building. He kept it only for his staff and him," Smizik said.

Listening in on Smizik's comments, another Democrat, state Rep. Ellen Story, said the elevator restrictions and security ropes installed outside Romney's office turned off some lawmakers for good.

"When Romney came in, he treated government like the only thing he ever knew, which was big business, and he was the CEO of the big business," Story said.
Why are you defending this douche bag? ...lol
Closed Thread