Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ramsey on the move again

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #46
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Ramsey on the move again

I had forgotten we wasted a 1st rounder on Ramsey. Wow.
From the football powerhouse Tulane.

Advertisements
Old 06-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #47
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Patrick Ramsey was never given a chance to succeed. I don't care who the QB was, no one was going to succeed under Spurrier's system. In comes Gibbs, and benches the guy after the 3rd offensive series because he threw an interception. So I don't understand how everyone is saying "he didn't have it". He was never even given a fair chance, plus he never had any receivers to throw to. Even when he went to other teams, he was never able to compete for the starting job. I actually feel really sorry for the guy, I thought he had the talent to be a real productive QB in this league.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #48
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i liked how ramsey and jon jansen were good buddies. whenever jansen would run over to lend ramsey a hand getting up after he got competely killed on the blindside, i always thought it was cute. haha i said cute.
lame

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 06-14-2010, 03:45 AM   #49
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

lame = yes

ramsey had one good play obv 2005 to moss holla
Old 06-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGisLordOfTheRings View Post
lame = yes

ramsey had one good play obv 2005 to moss holla
what play was that?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #51
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
Patrick Ramsey was never given a chance to succeed. I don't care who the QB was, no one was going to succeed under Spurrier's system. In comes Gibbs, and benches the guy after the 3rd offensive series because he threw an interception. So I don't understand how everyone is saying "he didn't have it". He was never even given a fair chance, plus he never had any receivers to throw to. Even when he went to other teams, he was never able to compete for the starting job. I actually feel really sorry for the guy, I thought he had the talent to be a real productive QB in this league.
I'm not sure he even threw an int on the play{cant remember} I just remember him getting coldcocked and then Brunell took over
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #52
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
what play was that?
I think it might have been a game against philly,Brunell got knocked out of game and Ramsey played the 2nd half.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
His resume speaks for itself now. He's been a journeyman NFL backup, about to move on to his 6th team in 10 seasons.

Honestly, all the excuses for why he didn't become a quality starting QB are really stale. It's time for the Ramsey fans to just admit it, he's just not that good. Never was, probably never will be.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #54
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I think it might have been a game against philly,Brunell got knocked out of game and Ramsey played the 2nd half.
It was againts the Giants 12/24/05
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #55
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It was againts the Giants 12/24/05
For some reason thats one of my favorite games ever. Granted we still had to beat a bad Philadelphia team the next week (which we of course struggled with), the Giants ( who I think were 9-4 at the time) game on Christmas Eve was really what stood between us and the playoffs. We ended up winning by 15, but it was a great game. Moss & Portis absolutley tore it up then.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #56
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Quote:
His resume speaks for itself now.
Yep, and his resume says he was never given the opportunity to play with a true NFL offense. He was playing with college has beens, throwing to Chris Doering, Jacques Green, and stone hands Rob Gardener.

Quote:
He's been a journeyman NFL backup, about to move on to his 6th team in 10 seasons.
Like I said, he was never given a chance to compete for a starting job. When he left to the NYJ, they were dedicated to Chad Pennington. Once he was signed by the Broncos, they were already dedicated to Jay Cutler. Now they're sending him to Detroit where they're already dedicated to Matt Stafford. They guy was never given any true chance to compete for a job. Thanks to Joe Gibbs.

Quote:
Honestly, all the excuses for why he didn't become a quality starting QB are really stale.
Yep, they're called stale facts.
Quote:
It's time for the Ramsey fans to just admit it, he's just not that good. Never was, probably never will be.
Actually it's time for the Jason Campbell fans to please keep quiet when it comes to evaluating NFL QB's. Because your last prospect failed to even break .500 in 3 years as a starter.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #57
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Yep, and his resume says he was never given the opportunity to play with a true NFL offense. He was playing with college has beens, throwing to Chris Doering, Jacques Green, and stone hands Rob Gardener.

Like I said, he was never given a chance to compete for a starting job. When he left to the NYJ, they were dedicated to Chad Pennington. Once he was signed by the Broncos, they were already dedicated to Jay Cutler. Now they're sending him to Detroit where they're already dedicated to Matt Stafford. They guy was never given any true chance to compete for a job. Thanks to Joe Gibbs.

Actually it's time for the Jason Campbell fans to please keep quiet when it comes to evaluating NFL QB's. Because your last prospect failed to even break .500 in 3 years as a starter.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #58
MTK
\m/

Right, he's just been F'd over by every team he's been with. Poor guy.

The Joe Gibbs excuse ran out as soon as he left here. Kinda lame to keep blaming Gibbs for his mediocre career that wasn't even going anywhere before JG came back.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #59
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Quote:
Right, he's just been F'd over by every team he's been with. Poor guy.

The Joe Gibbs excuse ran out as soon as he left here. Kinda lame to keep blaming Gibbs for his mediocre career that wasn't even going anywhere before JG came back.
When he was traded to the Jets they have already invested a ton a money into Chad Pennington. After that he signed with teams that had recently invested in 1st round QB's. Jay Cutler, Vince Young, Matt Stafford. Before Joe Gibbs got there he was playing for an inexperienced coach, so inexperienced he got rid of Stephen Davis in the prime of his career. Only to replace him with Trung Candidate.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #60
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:

Everything you said is dead on. If it wasnt people would have stopped talking about #11 a long time ago. Plus if it wasnt for his greatness potential i think he would be out of the league already, him being a journeyman this long without any substianal real starting experience says something of itself.