Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #46
12thMan
MVP

Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think Campbell's agent and the Redskins are secretly working on a long term deal. I think we're going to name someone General Manager this off-season and we won't be looking far to get him. I think the Redskins have Levi Jones penciled in as the starting LT for opening day 2010. I think Samuels, Betts, Randle El, Daniels, Randy Thomas, and Rock Cartwright are all gone. I think CJ Spiller will be our first pick. I think I'd rather they wait until the 2nd round and take Best or Dwyer. I think we don't take a OL before the 3rd round and we take 2 in the draft. I think I'm getting tired and need to stop rambling.
I think I need to stop reading Peter King's 10 Things I Think I Think
I think you know something
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #47
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think Campbell's agent and the Redskins are secretly working on a long term deal. I think we're going to name someone General Manager this off-season and we won't be looking far to get him. I think the Redskins have Levi Jones penciled in as the starting LT for opening day 2010. I think Samuels, Betts, Randle El, Daniels, Randy Thomas, and Rock Cartwright are all gone. I think CJ Spiller will be our first pick. I think I'd rather they wait until the 2nd round and take Best or Dwyer. I think we don't take a OL before the 3rd round and we take 2 in the draft. I think I'm getting tired and need to stop rambling.
I think I need to stop reading Peter King's 10 Things I Think I Think
From your fingers to God's eyes. I wouldn't be too disappointed in this scenario. I watched Spiller a few times this season and thought that he is EXACTLY what our offense needed but didn't think he'd really be viable with our other needs. If we're in the top 10 I think that's too high for him but if we can trade down into the mid teens that's about right.

We as a fan base need to avoid the 'draft an OL at any cost' mentality. We drafted an OL early last year, how's that worked for us? We need to get quality OL in here, whether by trade, draft or FA. Drafting well is a priority, quality over quantity.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
From your fingers to God's eyes. I wouldn't be too disappointed in this scenario. I watched Spiller a few times this season and thought that he is EXACTLY what our offense needed but didn't think he'd really be viable with our other needs. If we're in the top 10 I think that's too high for him but if we can trade down into the mid teens that's about right.

We as a fan base need to avoid the 'draft an OL at any cost' mentality. We drafted an OL early last year, how's that worked for us? We need to get quality OL in here, whether by trade, draft or FA. Drafting well is a priority, quality over quantity.
Agree with the first part, you lost me on the second part.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #49
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Agree with the first part, you lost me on the second part.
2008 Chad Rinehart.. 3rd round is still early (expected to start/contribute) and he's arguably been a disappointment. He was drafted with an eye towards '09 to replace Thomas but didn't really develop as Vinny hoped. He showed signs of improvement but going into '10 he's not a sure fire starter.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #50
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
2008 Chad Rinehart.. 3rd round is still early (expected to start/contribute) and he's arguably been a disappointment. He was drafted with an eye towards '09 to replace Thomas but didn't really develop as Vinny hoped. He showed signs of improvement but going into '10 he's not a sure fire starter.
Pain, what do you think about Batiste? lol
Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #51
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Pain, what do you think about Batiste? lol
Championship.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #52
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Championship.

No...no...no....Bridges! Jeremy Bridges! That's who I meant.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #53
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Eh. Rinehart is kind of a bad example for your argument. He was always a project and probably drafted too high. He wasn't exactly playing against NFL caliber D-lineman at Northern Iowa. The thing about wiffing on Rinehart that stings so much is that we passed up on the best class of OTs in recent history in the early rounds.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #54
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Eh.The thing about wiffing on Rinehart that stings so much is that we passed up on the best class of OTs in recent history in the early rounds.
And if we don't pick OL with our 1st 2 picks then we will repeat that story.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #55
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And if we don't pick OL with our 1st 2 picks then we will repeat that story.
And yet we'll use our 1st round pick on a QB or a RB. If Cerrato is still around that is.

I'd LOVE to move our high 1st round pick down for multiple later picks. For all those that want to trade Cooley for the extra picks, I'd rather keep him and move that top 10 pick for multiple early round picks.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #56
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
And yet we'll use our 1st round pick on a QB or a RB. If Cerrato is still around that is.

I'd LOVE to move our high 1st round pick down for multiple later picks. For all those that want to trade Cooley for the extra picks, I'd rather keep him and move that top 10 pick for multiple early round picks.
Couldn't agree more. If they draft a QB or RB with the 1st pick most fans will forfeit their tickets, we know damn well what killed this team in '09 and they better address the OL early and with at least 2 picks.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

Probably more likely we'll use our 2nd round pick to try to trade down.

As for OL, there's really only one T in this draft legitimately considered a top 5 pick. And that's Russel Okung. And who knows if he's there when the Redskins pick. After that there's nobody that most scouts and execs see as a bonafide T. And by that I mean LT. Trent Williams is slipping in many draft boards because he's seen as a right tackle in the NFL. OL won't be neglected, it just won't necessarily be addressed in the first round. I don't think.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I think you know something
I know a lot of things...and nothing at the same time. The Redskins are very secretive
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #59
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Eh. Rinehart is kind of a bad example for your argument. He was always a project and probably drafted too high. He wasn't exactly playing against NFL caliber D-lineman at Northern Iowa. The thing about wiffing on Rinehart that stings so much is that we passed up on the best class of OTs in recent history in the early rounds.
Actually it makes my point perfectly. We'd been clamoring for drafting a OL and we did. He was someone that wasn't slotted to be picked where he was but 'we drafted an OL'. Like in the '09 draft where no OL were picked for like 3 rounds but people were still up in arms we didn't choose one in the 3rd round. If there's a quality guy, get him, but don't just pick an OL for the sake of picking an OL.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #60
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No...no...no....Bridges! Jeremy Bridges! That's who I meant.
Same answer. Championship.