Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Suisham released, Gano new kicker

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #46
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS
Special Teams

Re: Suisham released, Gano new kicker

it had to be done. kinda like the end of old yeller. except in our case we've been wanting to shoot the fucking dog for 3 weeks and will be celebrating at the local watering hole after the deed is done.
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #47
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Ahahaha, I know I shouldn't laugh but its amazing he made it to tuesday

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #48
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I feel bad in the sense that if your going to get rid of one person who made a mistake "supposedly" costing the game then you might as well be fair and get rid of the others as well.

Like that safety that got burned not once but twice for TDs...but you can't get rid of someone you pay all that money for. Seriously though, #30 needs to pick it up and quit throwing himself around recklessly and biting on every double move.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #49
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

While everyone here is bashing Suisham and glorifying Gano, might I take just a moment to point out that another perennial whipping boy for folks around here had this one right before anyone here saw it coming.

ProFootball Talk had Gano coming in for a workout and some folks did the typical kneejerk to that report and scoffed that PFT would ever get anything right.

OK, back to the Suisham bashing and the canonization of St Graham of Gano ...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #50
53Fan
Franchise Player

Interesting...Suisham actually has the highest percentage of FG's in Redskins history with a minimum of 100 kicks at 80%. 2nd? Chip Lohmiller at 71.4%.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #51
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Interesting...Suisham actually has the highest percentage of FG's in Redskins history with a minimum of 100 kicks at 80%. 2nd? Chip Lohmiller at 71.4%.
Look at his accuracy on longer kicks and how many game-losing chokes he's had...not to forget about kickoffs out of bounds.

I was also shocked to hear this, but with the way the offense has been taking it inside the red zone to settle for FGs, it's no surprise that he is making so many, they're all chip shots.

Look at this year:

8/9 from 0-29 yards
5/6 from 30-39
5/5 from 40-49
0/1 from 50+

Last year:

7/7 from 0-29 yards
7/9 from 30-39
11/16 from 40-49
1/4 from 50+

^That's a lot of misses and 1/5 on long FGs in the last 2 years. There were a lot of instances where we knew he couldn't hit a long FG so we gave up all points and punted.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #52
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
missing that field goal in dallas to make it a 2 possession game was costly. i dont really blame suisham for that b/c i thought it was out of his range to begin with but that, in and of itself, is an indictment against him.

the miss this sunday was just plain bad. add that to the week prior and i dont really see any reason to keep him onboard.

honestly, what are we going to miss? he cant make field goals over 50 yds and he misses the makeable kicks and the most inopportune times. plus he kicked the ball out of bounds at least twice this year and is inconsistent with his kickoffs after the first few games of every season.
go skins!
He missed two in the Dallas game one like 39 yards and the other like 49. The announcers said he was nailing kick from 60 yards in warm up but I guess that did not roll over into the game. I think if he had made just one of the 3 hi missed he would still be a Skin.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #53
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
He missed two in the Dallas game one like 39 yards and the other like 49. The announcers said he was nailing kick from 60 yards in warm up but I guess that did not roll over into the game. I think if he had made just one of the 3 hi missed he would still be a Skin.
It would have to be the Saints kick then, missing a 22 yarder is inexcusable whether the game is on the line or not. He didn't just miss...it wasn't even close.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #54
wilsowilso

Well deserved Suisham! You earned it buddy.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #55
Bigreds77
Special Teams

Maybe Hall should of been released at Carolina when he could not stopped a slow QB from making a first down. Or the other DBs that get burnt by fifty yards.
Bigreds77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #56
duetsch215
Special Teams

the redskins gave Suisham more than enough opportunities to succeed and he didnt. Football is just not his game
Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #57
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Gano? Is he batshit crazy?

(yes, i know how it's spelled...)

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #58
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Based on his earlier defense of Suisham, it appears that Jim Zorn either has no integrity or no influence over the roster. I think he has integrity, so this may be yet another example of Zorn's diminished authority.

Does Vinny even inform Zorn about the roster moves he's considering? It has amazed me to see the lack of respect for Zorn shown by Vinny this season. Whether or not replacing Suisham was the right move, it's clear to me that Vinny has no compunction about embarassing Jim Zorn. That is unprofessional and unkind.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #59
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Based on his earlier defense of Suisham, it appears that Jim Zorn either has no integrity or no influence over the roster. I think he has integrity, so this may be yet another example of Zorn's diminished authority.

Does Vinny even inform Zorn about the roster moves he's considering? It has amazed me to see the lack of respect for Zorn shown by Vinny this season. Whether or not replacing Suisham was the right move, it's clear to me that Vinny has no compunction about embarassing Jim Zorn. That is unprofessional and unkind.
Well, I think it was pointed out that Zorn didn't really defend Suisham to the nth degree, and also acknowledged that other kickers were going to be tried out on Tuesday. He also said that Suisham wouldn't empty out his locker on Monday, he didn't say the same for Tuesday. I think Zorn tries to hide his cards as awkwardly as JC tries to slide. This shouldn't be construed as a defense of VC, as I hope he goes, but more a defense of Zorn's integrity on the question of Suisham
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #60
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigreds77 View Post
Maybe Hall should of been released at Carolina when he could not stopped a slow QB from making a first down. Or the other DBs that get burnt by fifty yards.
What's your point? Hall has been a playmaker for us. Suisham has a long history of sucking.