Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

[quote=The Goat;927406]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I agree, we definitely overpaid for Garcon, and Morgan I didn't want because he was coming off a broken ankle. That right there is a signing that we could have avoided and of been able to offer more money to winston. And I just find it surprising that he-Winston- didn't want to come here. There has to be more to the story like he knew we didn't have the money, or he didn't like Kyle Shanahan or something.[/QUOTE]

I think you're probably right there's more to the story. I think Smoot mentioned Winston would not negotiate w/ us. Kinda strange when we just brought in a talent like RGIII.

That's one thing about Garcon that irked me...in interviews when asked about whether RGIII was part of his desire for signing here Garcon said it wasn't, in fact he's kind of diffident toward the excitement around our franchise QB. I hope he does well since he's on the roster, in fact I hope he breaks 1000 yards and has 8+ TDs because otherwise his signing isn't justified.
Goat you gonna work Garcon into a right tackle convo? amazing

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #47
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Lets trade them Kyle Shanahan for an old Al Davis wind suit. Straight up Baby!! But must be pre and post game worn. Everybodys a winner.
That's fantastic one of the best posts in 2012
Old 07-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #48
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
FP Santangelo ‏@FPsCommentary

#Redskins talking trade with Oakland Raiders. Cooley could be on the move…stay tuned. Back to the Nats.
Twitter confirms Cooley is on the trading block...
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #49
FRPLG
MVP

Honestly...being overly emotional here...I couldn't get behind trading Cooley to the Raiders for anything reasonable. The guy has been a trooper for the Skins for years. He deserves better than getting shipped off to football hell. I'm ok moving on without him but only if we can get him to a decent situation and get a reasonable return. Tripp is right. if we can get a younger guy under team control for a a few more years then it should happen. Just not Oakland.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #50
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I would bet my income this year Winston would have helped this team more than Garcon, Morgan.
+1
I would have thought that finding a RT that we know (not hope) could play at a high level would have been the #1 offseason priority.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Twitter confirms Cooley is on the trading block...
So...you know that's just a parody account right?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

It's not like we've ever gotten much of of JB to begin with. Is his absence really that big of a deal considering when he's played, he's been mediocre at best?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm not sure we needed Garcon AND Morgan (particularly when you consider Morgan has the same injury concerns as Hankerson coming into the season), but 7 out of 7 days I'll take Garcon over Winston if we had to choose one or the other. First because as solid as he is Winston is coming off of off-season ankle surgery (I understand it was minor), wanted one of the biggest contracts ever for a RT and his strength is run blocking (we are not a run heavy team). And also because I tend to think a top flight WR is more important than a RT.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #54
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's not like we've ever gotten much of of JB to begin with. Is his absence really that big of a deal considering when he's played, he's been mediocre at best?
Yeah, I thought Polumbus looked just as good. I gues I dont know what I am looking at. Our line only gave up two sacks a game with Willie and Polummbus in there at tackles. Maybe, it was because the game plan was altered. But I am with you, infact Royster came in and averaged 5.9 yds a carey.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not sure we needed Garcon AND Morgan (particularly when you consider Morgan has the same injury concerns as Hankerson coming into the season), but 7 out of 7 days I'll take Garcon over Winston if we had to choose one or the other. First because as solid as he is Winston is coming off of off-season ankle surgery (I understand it was minor), wanted one of the biggest contracts ever for a RT and his strength is run blocking (we are not a run heavy team). And also because I tend to think a top flight WR is more important than a RT.
Seems like one of RG3's favorite targets so far has been Garcon, based on the camp reports I've read. Too many are ready to call the deal a bust before even seeing it play out.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #56
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Solid points all around, and I think RT vs WR for the 2012 season was/is/will be a good debate.

As others have said Garcon is Griffin's favorite target so far. My hope is Griffin's mobility keeps him upright as the o line struggles.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #57
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I honestly wouldnt feel very comfortable with our TE position if we traded cooley. Davis is one smoke away from being suspended for a year, and he's not under contract beyond 2012 anyways. Niles Paul has never played a snap at TE in his life. He barely got on the field last year at his natural WR positon. It irks me that so many people think he's somehow garaunteed to be a great TE. He could become one one day, sure, but its not garaunteed or even likely at this point. We are simply not as deep at TE as some people like to beleive. If we trade cooley, it needs to be for something of reasonable value to us.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #58
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
So...you know that's just a parody account right?
Found that out after the fact...
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #59
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
But ... but ... we could have had Jabber "I know the system" Gaffney!!!

RT is a sore spot and I, too, was hoping for Winston, but I certainly wouldn't have paid top dollar for the guy for all the reasons SS states. Garcon has the potential to be a game breaker, Winston had the potential to be good.

We will be fine with who we have at RT. Not dominant - fine.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #60
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
I would bet my income this year Winston would have helped this team more than Garcon, Morgan.
I would take that bet everday and twice on Sunday. Name your real wager on Garcon, Morgan - what do they have to do to help the team more than Winston would have?

Quote:
Particularly when you consider there were better WRs than Garcon, Morgan on the market for less money.
Who? ... and please, please, don't put Gafney into the discussion.