Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Raheem Morris

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #46
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Re: Raheem Morris

Cruz split the double team. Williams should have been a little deeper on that play than he actually was.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #47
redskinjim
Special Teams

we need a safety why did we let landry go?
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #48
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
we need a safety why did we let landry go?

Landry? Landry was a bum. Another wasted 1st round Cerratto pick. Landry can't cover worth a damn.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #49
redskinjim
Special Teams

ya but he had a pick six for the jets and he is BETTER than anyone we have. And he hits a ton did you see that hit on fred jackson of the bills?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #50
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Landry? Landry was a bum. Another wasted 1st round Cerratto pick. Landry can't cover worth a damn.
so was carlos rogers he would have stayed but he wasnt in haslets plan
Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #51
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
so was carlos rogers he would have stayed but he wasnt in haslets plan
I don't want to go through the whole Carlos Rogers discussion again, but the Redskins weren't in Carlos Rogers' plan as well. He left for SF for the same money that the Redskins were offering him.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #52
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
You know what an awesome secondary would look like?

Champ Bailey - CB
Carlos Rogers -CB
D. Hall - Nickel
Sean Taylor - FS
Ryan Clark- SS

Man that would bring a tear to any D. Cordinator's eye.
Fixed it for you.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #53
Ruhskins
Living Legend

A better secondary, with all of these people in their primes:

Champ Bailey - CB
Shawn Springs - CB
D. Hall - Nickel CB
Sean Taylor - FS
Ryan Clark - SS
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #54
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
You win superbowls around a quarterback, offense linemen and a passrushe. Before eric Berry was injured he was a beast of course the chiefs have him playing out of position but Trent Williams is playing at a pro bowl level. Of course individual Olinemen are a little overrated (Giants are a perfect example of that) but still Trent Williams has ben playing great.
Agreed. In recent years teams like the Steelers and Giants have won the Super Bowl with average secondaries. In fact you go back through 2000 and you'll see the common thread among every Super Bowl winner save the Ravens (who made up for it with possibly the greatest defense of all time) was a great pass rush and great QB play.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #55
AnonEmouse
The Starter

OK, a lot of hot under the collar commenting here, so I will try to be objective.

Last post makes a good point, but look at the factor here - Giants and Steelers have good pass rush (and with Harrison out, look how average the Steelers were). If you give the QB all day to pass, he will find someone open.We've lost 2 good D players early in the season, and even then, we weren't generating terrific pass rush. We have to take away the opposition QB time in the pocket to help the secondary.

As for the secondary, yes they are weak, but we also have a weak LB corps who can't cover underneath in zone. Williams was guilty on that last play. Never mind the 25yd line up, he came up on a pass play instead of keeping his depth, and got caught flat footted. Only direction Cruz was going was downfield, so why step up? But in the first place why was Cruz given a free lane off the line? No bump or chip on him by a CB or pass rushing LB? It wasn't all on the secondary, but they didn't cover themselves in glory.

And no, you can't blame the D for the TO's on O. There were IMHO too many botched handoffs (RGIII covered up one by gaining yardage), but RGIII didn't allow the lineman through to strip sack him and Moss fumbled away a perfectly good catch, so lets not dump it all on RGIII either.

This is a team that's forming an identity. It takes time unless you get supremely lucky with talent. Look at our injury list and tell me we can go toe to toe with the Giants on paper? No, but we played them close and nearly came out with the win. Lets get some perspective here and look at the bright future instead of the dim and gloomy past. We're 3-4, not 0-7, so lets see what we can do with 9 games left. After that we can look at pointing fingers.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #56
scowan
The Starter

Some one tell me why our team does not bump guys at the line of scrimmage? We seem to give every WR a clear shot to their route. Would not bumping a guy at the line give more time for the pass rush to get there because it would slow down the development of the pass routes? I'm not a football person, but this seems like it would help so much.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #57
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Some one tell me why our team does not bump guys at the line of scrimmage? We seem to give every WR a clear shot to their route. Would not bumping a guy at the line give more time for the pass rush to get there because it would slow down the development of the pass routes? I'm not a football person, but this seems like it would help so much.
I think, but don't know for sure, that it's because our corners wouldn't be able to recover after the jam, especially with fast WR's.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #58
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
OK, a lot of hot under the collar commenting here, so I will try to be objective.

Last post makes a good point, but look at the factor here - Giants and Steelers have good pass rush (and with Harrison out, look how average the Steelers were). If you give the QB all day to pass, he will find someone open.We've lost 2 good D players early in the season, and even then, we weren't generating terrific pass rush. We have to take away the opposition QB time in the pocket to help the secondary.

As for the secondary, yes they are weak, but we also have a weak LB corps who can't cover underneath in zone. Williams was guilty on that last play. Never mind the 25yd line up, he came up on a pass play instead of keeping his depth, and got caught flat footted. Only direction Cruz was going was downfield, so why step up? But in the first place why was Cruz given a free lane off the line? No bump or chip on him by a CB or pass rushing LB? It wasn't all on the secondary, but they didn't cover themselves in glory.

And no, you can't blame the D for the TO's on O. There were IMHO too many botched handoffs (RGIII covered up one by gaining yardage), but RGIII didn't allow the lineman through to strip sack him and Moss fumbled away a perfectly good catch, so lets not dump it all on RGIII either.

This is a team that's forming an identity. It takes time unless you get supremely lucky with talent. Look at our injury list and tell me we can go toe to toe with the Giants on paper? No, but we played them close and nearly came out with the win. Lets get some perspective here and look at the bright future instead of the dim and gloomy past. We're 3-4, not 0-7, so lets see what we can do with 9 games left. After that we can look at pointing fingers.

Pretty much spot on,

We lost alot of cap space, and had to pick and choose which positions to address this past offseason. Hopefully next year we can work on the secondary more. We never pressured Eli enough on his throws, and with this secondary its basicly a necessity on every single throw.

This secondary isn't fast enough to bump guys on the line, we aren't collapsing the pocket either. The steelers are scheming for their own personnel issues, less blitzing this year.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Adding to CRedskins' response, we have terrible safety play as well and our secondary doesn't communicate well. You can bump WRs at the LOS if you have good coverage up top with your safeties. But in most cases either a) our safeties our not fast enough/good enough to cover fast WRs and b) lack of communication could lead to a WR being wide open (which happens a lot with our team).
R.I.P. #21

Last edited by Ruhskins; 10-22-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #60
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Gotta love Warpath after a loss. lol. Someone always needs and should get fired. I can only imagine if some of you ran the Redskins. You'd be WAY WORSE than Dan Snyder ever was/is. lol
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote