Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #46
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Awww screw the Giants. They win a couple Superbowls recently and now they have big heads.

Why some Skins fans rooted for them in their SB's abainst the Pats is beyond me? No matter how you felt about NE the Giants are division rivals. I don't want them to do well no matter who they play. I dislike NY more than Dallas at this point. Here's hoping the Skins even the series in the rematch.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #47
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I do agree that the NYG fan base heads have swelled because of those 2 Super Bowl wins over Brady and NE. But they met their match yesterday even though the managed to win the game.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #48
Evilgrin
The Starter

This must be a troll....
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I do agree that the NYG fan base heads have swelled because of those 2 Super Bowl wins over Brady and NE. But they met their match yesterday even though the managed to win the game.

.....and that never would have happen in Washington,ever.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #50
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I wonder if Archie knew his wifes uterus was going to be a quarterback factory.
LOL , maybe a new wing will be in the Pro Football Hall of fame . " This is were Peyton and Eli are from "
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #51
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Only if those Washington teams were great 14-2/13-3/12-4 etc. The NYG teams that won Super Bowls 42 & 46 were not great teams. They were 10-6 and 9-7 going into the playoffs those years. Especially the 2011 NYG team that at one point had a 4 game losing streak and a little luck within the post season. Their credibility in the SB comes from already have beaten the Patriots in New England during the regular season that year. But I don't see how a fan base can brag and boast about a lowly above average team that were fortunate to win out. They were nothing like the Saints and Packers in 2011.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Only if those Washington teams were great 14-2/13-3/12-4 etc. The NYG teams that won Super Bowls 42 & 46 were not great teams. They were 10-6 and 9-7 going into the playoffs those years. Especially the 2011 NYG team that at one point had a 4 game losing streak and a little luck within the post season. Their credibility in the SB comes from already have beaten the Patriots in New England during the regular season that year. But I don't see how a fan base can brag and boast about a lowly above average team that were fortunate to win out. They were nothing like the Saints and Packers in 2011.
You're really not helping your case here at all.

You want Giants fans to respect our wins in strike shortened years, but you're discrediting their wins by saying they were lucky or didn't have a great W/L record? Makes no sense.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #53
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You're really not helping your case here at all.

You want Giants fans to respect our wins in strike shortened years, but you're discrediting their wins by saying they were lucky or didn't have a great W/L record? Makes no sense.
Mattyk, I don't like the Giants and I'm beginning to dislike them more than the Cowboys, believe it or not. You don't live up here in NYC like I do. I don't want and care for their respect. The way they see us is the way I see them.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #54
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Mattyk, I don't like the Giants and I'm beginning to dislike them more than the Cowboys, believe it or not. You don't live up here in NYC like I do. I don't want and care for their respect. The way they see us is the way I see them.
Born and raised in NY, I've lived here for all of 2 years of my life, I know what it's like.

Either way your totally contradicting yourself in this thread.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
ForkLifter
Camp Scrub

In my mind, the best response is this: In 1982, the Redskins beat 4 other teams, including the Cowboys who featured multiple hall of famers in the primes of their careers, in the Championship game to finish the year out at 12-1.

In 1987, the Redskins beat the Bears, a team they had also beaten in the 1986 divisional playoff, in Chicago. That Chicago team was supposed to have won multiple super bowls, but they didn't due in large part to the fact that the Redskins were simply better than they were during 1986-1987. 8-4 in non-scab games. 3-0 in the playoffs. Giants were 6-6 with their regulars that year. And the same basic nucleus formed the 1991 team, which was undoubtedly one of the greatest of all time (despite the short memories of some).

If anything, the 1982 and 1987 teams benefitted from not having to face the 49ers , in 1982 because the 49ers were a mess, and in 1987 due to the Vikings upset. That Vikings team was dangerous in 1987, but the Redskins beat them twice when it mattered (although maybe the regular season game didn't matter so much).

Anyways, I don't know where I'm going with this....
ForkLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #56
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

helmet catch schmelmet catch
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
never, you wouldnt even know we won, because we would be so modest about it and never ever ever talk about it. ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDIN ME - my head is still big and swollen because of 70 chip!!!!! Please give me another big swollen head again - PLEASE!

are they supposed to be ashamed of it?

:confused:

edit: as for the strike teams well - only difference a full season would have made is a few more W's for us.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #58
53Fan
Franchise Player

As far as I know all the teams played the same amount of games and had the same opportunity to win it as we did. The only difference is we did and they didn't. Whining about it doesn't change a thing.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
As far as I know all the teams played the same amount of games and had the same opportunity to win it as we did. The only difference is we did and they didn't. Whining about it doesn't change a thing.
Everyonce in a while my giant friends will point this out and they always resort to the fact that the scabs made it unfair because we had better scabs (which we did). They always wind up admitting that the true team was so good that it probably would not have made a difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #60
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Everyonce in a while my giant friends will point this out and they always resort to the fact that the scabs made it unfair because we had better scabs (which we did). They always wind up admitting that the true team was so good that it probably would not have made a difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whether we had better scabs than they did or not, that's a front office problem that falls on the general manager. If they weren't able to assemble a team with the best players that could be located then that's their fault. Bobby Beathard was like 10 GMs in one. He's truly the reason why the Redskins were so successful during that era.