Trade Deadline: Any movement?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #46
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Trade Deadline: Any movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I know BR. Some of the guys who run it are friends of mine. I could have been a multimillionaire many times over had I accepted their offer...but they do not break news or provide scoops. In fact, they specifically mandate to their writers that they are not supposed to break news. That is not what they are all about. At all

So, in other words, you should never go to BR for any breaking news or rumors because they won't provide it.
How is it that they make millions if they arent providing news or any other service? Do enough people vist that site to have THAT much ad revenue?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
How is it that they make millions if they arent providing news or any other service? Do enough people vist that site to have THAT much ad revenue?
They have many millions of people visiting their site each month. They've mastered Google Search so often people see their stories appear first. Their slideshows drive up their pageview/visit numbers. They have a huge audience. Their philosophy was basically get the audience first, then focus on the quality. They have the audience. Some of their new policies and their acquisition by Turner should help with the quality
Old 10-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #48
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskins View Post
Rg3 for luck and 3 first rounders, honestly would you do it???
No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Not yet, give it a year. Another good preseason, and yes we will cash in.

Bleacher report speculated a Lorenzo Alexander and late round pick for Jennings. All we need is 2 injured star receivers...
Do you honestly think that a good pre-season is going to bring a higher pick for cousins than what we spent on him? I dont.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #50
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
No way. Alexander is more valuable to us than anyone gives us credit for.

Griffin has good enough WRs...in fact, he already has too many. Everyone except Butterfingers Briscoe gets in on the action.

I thought it was Criscoe Briscoe.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #51
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
I thought it was Criscoe Briscoe.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #52
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Thx.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #53
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They have many millions of people visiting their site each month. They've mastered Google Search so often people see their stories appear first. Their slideshows drive up their page view/visit numbers. They have a huge audience. Their philosophy was basically get the audience first, then focus on the quality. They have the audience. Some of their new policies and their acquisition by Turner should help with the quality
In my opinion, the site itself is crap. The slides actually annoy me. There is no worthwhile content that i wouldnt rather get some somewhere else.

But I really admire their business plan and execution.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #54
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
In my opinion, the site itself is crap. The slides actually annoy me. There is no worthwhile content that i wouldnt rather get some somewhere else.

But I really admire their business plan and execution.
Many of the same reasons I passed on their offer...though I probably could have happily sold my soul had I know what lay ahead for them

They do have some good videos on their YouTube page
Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #55
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
LOL Moss is avg , Welker is the best Slot WR in the league and argubly is a#1 WR . No way is Moss on welkers level even if he was in NE Moss will never be like Welker.
Really? REALLY? LOL

Moss would see more targets if Robert was a pure dropback passer. But to call Welker a number 1?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #56
los panda
Pro Bowl

jammal brown for tony boselli, straight up

as fair as it gets
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
LOL Moss is avg , Welker is the best Slot WR in the league and argubly is a#1 WR . No way is Moss on welkers level even if he was in NE Moss will never be like Welker.
It has so much to do with situation though. If Welker was on the skins / jets over these last 10 years do you think people even know his name? Do you think having tom brady throw you the ball for all these years will help or hinder your career? Do yourself a favor, and check out moss career stats. Now imagine him with Brady all those years. Now add about 50 td's, 7,500 yards, and 250 catches to those totals. Hows Moss stack up now? Having brady get you the ball as compared to grossman, ramsey, campbell, etc etc is night and day. Moss has had to fight for every catch hes ever made. Welker is the recipient of a hall of famer putting the ball exactly where it has needed to be for years.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Florio saying Bowe wants Ou t and Miami is a logical fit
Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #59
Glasgow Celtic
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It has so much to do with situation though. If Welker was on the skins / jets over these last 10 years do you think people even know his name? Do you think having tom brady throw you the ball for all these years will help or hinder your career? Do yourself a favor, and check out moss career stats. Now imagine him with Brady all those years. Now add about 50 td's, 7,500 yards, and 250 catches to those totals. Hows Moss stack up now? Having brady get you the ball as compared to grossman, ramsey, campbell, etc etc is night and day. Moss has had to fight for every catch hes ever made. Welker is the recipient of a hall of famer putting the ball exactly where it has needed to be for years.

Bravo sir, well said!
Glasgow Celtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #60
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Really? REALLY? LOL

Moss would see more targets if Robert was a pure dropback passer. But to call Welker a number 1?
Wes Welker has had 110 avg recs- a year with avg of 1000 a year with avgs of over 6 tds a year. He is even still the same without R.Moss.

Like the excuses for Moss is killing me he is in no shape better than Welker at all. 05 is clearly diff but thats about it Welker over Moss any day And yes Welker is NE #1 guy who has already 600 yards and 40 rec. Im no big stats guy but even in games you should favor Moss.

And Moss has had 5 diff QB's in WSH Jason Campbell-Rex Grossman-Brunell - And Mcnabb and he is still the same guy . Welker would be an improvement for RG3 if he was here I highly doubt Moss would be as good as Welker if you watch both of em Welker is a bit faster and a much better route runner as well as getting much more open.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote