Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Whats up with the D-Line?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #46
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Whats up with the D-Line?

Prior to the season most people said our secondary SUCKED!, we are stopping the run for the most part so teams will be airing it out, so if our secondary SUCKS! we are bound to give up lots of yardage through the air. Are D-line is stopping the run Hasslet is not going BLITZ crazy.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #47
Bucket
Playmaker

A lot of people blame Haslett, and maybe he is to blame. I don't hold account though.. Check this blog for all you Haslett haters.

HTTR24-7-Skins Podcasts & Blog – Film Sessions: Haslett vs LeBeau Battle Of The 3-4
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #48
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
A lot of people blame Haslett, and maybe he is to blame. I don't hold account though.. Check this blog for all you Haslett haters.

HTTR24-7-Skins Podcasts & Blog – Film Sessions: Haslett vs LeBeau Battle Of The 3-4
Super detailed analysis of the defensive scheme. More than anything it show how predictable Haslett has made the defense, which almost guarantees its poor performance since the Lebeau 3-4 is based on unpredictability i.e. forcing the offense to adjust to the defense.

The blogger's contrast between Haslett's (over)use of DB/safety blitzes compared to LB and A gap blitzes is probably overemphasized, because we've all seen Troy P blitz from every angle. The Steelers do a far better job of disguising the blitz and mixing up the point of extra pressure.

And the other big story is we're still better suited, personnel wise, for a tradition 4-3 defense anyway, while the Steelers have the personnel to run Lebeau's 3-4.

Haslett is a mediocre at best coach, but he's really not the problem. He didn't force the change to a 3-4 and then fail to acquire the defensive players necessary to make it work...Mike and Bruce did.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #49
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post

Coach Haz isn't the problem. The problem is obviously the personnel. DeAngelo Hall is soft in coverage. He does play well at times, but he's never been able to shut down a elite NFL receiver since he's played for the Redskins. Coach Haz is one of the better defensive coordinators in the NFL. The Redskins didn't jump from a 31st ranked standing in 2010 to a 13th ranked standing in 2011 for nothing. The personnel changed. Orakpo and Carriker is gone for the year on IR, but that shouldn't stop the defensive unit from progressing. Haz has had to coordinate the defense without his best players in the lineup while other players in the unit have underperformed.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #50
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Coach Haz isn't the problem. The problem is obviously the personnel. DeAngelo Hall is soft in coverage. He does play well at times, but he's never been able to shut down a elite NFL receiver since he's played for the Redskins. Coach Haz is one of the better defensive coordinators in the NFL. The Redskins didn't jump from a 31st ranked standing in 2010 to a 13th ranked standing in 2011 for nothing. The personnel changed. Orakpo and Carriker is gone for the year on IR, but that shouldn't stop the defensive unit from progressing. Haz has had to coordinate the defense without his best players in the lineup while other players in the unit have underperformed.
Orakpo and Carriker are not reasons why our D sucks. It wasnt that good last year either look at last year it only did good against teams with horrible offenses and we got destroyed but good offensive teams. Our D ranking was overrated.

We suck because we have a bunch of 4-3 players via like London- Chris Wilson-Cofield-Kerrigan-Orakpo-and even our secondary pretty much all of them played under a 4-3 D at there best .

We are just misusing them ....Cofield is an inconsistent guy at NT you have Carriker who is a good run stopper but not that good of a pass rusher and Bowen will be good two games than is gone for the next 5 . You have London who coverage skills declined, you have Orakpo who is inconsistent , Kerrigan is getting better than you have our secondary 10 yards away and never do pressman to man .

We have no safeties .

We should go 4-3 or hire a much better 3-4 personal. Thats just how it is ..Orakpo and Carriker are not BIG diff guys and its fine not alot of teams have that. A big factor guy is Sean Taylor when we had him but he left or if Ed Reed left the ravens the secondary wouldn't be the same.

Point is we overrated out front 7 big time and match that with ahorrible DC your D will be ranked 30-31 . But this is Mikes fault for two things.

1: CHanging the 4-3 D to a 3-4 with no 3-4 type of players
2: And hiring one of the worsrt DC you can have.

He now wants Raheem Morris as the DC but wouldn't it be smarter to put him Raheem as a 4-3 DC and not a 3-4? Raheem has learned under the great Monte Kiffin for tampa 2 defense and we will ignore that to a 3-4. Shanny can leave people will bring up rg3 and morris but what else? our D is horrible and we only progressed in TO TD's and we also have no Cap and our WR CORE done nothing since Saints game . Im sorry guys for being truthful but we also traded alot of picks and our QB is already injured because Shanny hired his son to do Baylor offense. We do not need to do that at all and dont be fooled we only played HORRIBLE defenses the whole year. ATL stopped our passing very nicely and now we play Minny who will give us the hardest trouble on offense and defense.

I want Shanny gone I think our O is overrated for now simply because we have had no defense to go up against . I think RG3 and Morris are good as hell tho but we should of adressed RB year 1 and QB year 1.

Last edited by Deivybaby; 10-13-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #51
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
He now wants Raheem Morris as the DC <snip>
Where are you hearing that?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #52
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Where are you hearing that?
ES skins insider. Imma take there word for it but he did turn down Minny for the DC job to sooner or later take the DC job from Haslett. Thats what they say but makes sense .

That Smoot guy probably cann tell you that too idk. I just want this team to win. Nationals are on the level of Capitals for disappointing me.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #53
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
ES skins insider. Imma take there word for it but he did turn down Minny for the DC job to sooner or later take the DC job from Haslett. Thats what they say but makes sense .

That Smoot guy probably cann tell you that too idk. I just want this team to win. Nationals are on the level of Capitals for disappointing me.
'That Smoot guy'.......

'Kin 'ell dude.....He's practically royalty around here!

I would see the move by management to have a DC in waiting, as it were, but I don't see it happening for another season or more. Haslett can argue that he's never had the parts for the machine he's building.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #54
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
'That Smoot guy'.......

'Kin 'ell dude.....He's practically royalty around here!

I would see the move by management to have a DC in waiting, as it were, but I don't see it happening for another season or more. Haslett can argue that he's never had the parts for the machine he's building.
Thats been the excuse in Redskins land for the past 3 years, no matter which coach you are talking about. I'd say the skiins are about 4 seasons from putting it all together, but then we might have to address half of our roster due to age, so then we might be talking actually 5 or 6 years before we get to the playoffs. It does take a while to build a winner...............

smh

Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #55
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Thats been the excuse in Redskins land for the past 3 years, no matter which coach you are talking about. I'd say the skiins are about 4 seasons from putting it all together, but then we might have to address half of our roster due to age, so then we might be talking actually 5 or 6 years before we get to the playoffs. It does take a while to build a winner...............

smh

That's the real pisser of the situation. A quality FO and coaching staff would be winning this season, the third year in. It was really, really irresponsible to force the switch on defense w/o acquiring the players AND the coaching talent necessary to keep the defense strong. In effect, Mike took the strongest part of the team and grossly handicapped it, and because his monumental ego precludes an adjustment back to the 4-3 and we're limited on quality picks we're stuck with a garbage defense for the remainder of his tenure in all probability. For those who want to crap on the Blache defense still today...are you a Redskins fan or a Shanahan fan?

A quality FO and staff would have kept the 4-3 until the most necessary players became available to thrive in the 3-4, namely front 7 players who really fit the scheme. When you look at our defensive personnel every player with the questionable exception of Perry Riley is (still) best suited for a 4-3 defense.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #56
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
That's the real pisser of the situation. A quality FO and coaching staff would be winning this season, the third year in. It was really, really irresponsible to force the switch on defense w/o acquiring the players AND the coaching talent necessary to keep the defense strong. In effect, Mike took the strongest part of the team and grossly handicapped it, and because his monumental ego precludes an adjustment back to the 4-3 and we're limited on quality picks we're stuck with a garbage defense for the remainder of his tenure in all probability. For those who want to crap on the Blache defense still today...are you a Redskins fan or a Shanahan fan?

A quality FO and staff would have kept the 4-3 until the most necessary players became available to thrive in the 3-4, namely front 7 players who really fit the scheme. When you look at our defensive personnel every player with the questionable exception of Perry Riley is (still) best suited for a 4-3 defense.

I agree.When this season is over I bet these things will happen these 3 things will happen.

1: RG3 vs Kirk Kousins threads

2: Should Shanny be fired?

3: 4-3 rumors.

just my two cent . I know how we act we usually go trough these directions. Lets hope rex ryan gets fired.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #57
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Dear Goat et al,

I get it:
you don't like the team's direction under Shanahan.
And you have alot of evidence on your side.
And this is an open internet forum where you can say pretty much anything

got it. I will tell you its frustrating coming on here and seeing the same rehash of every negative associated with the past 20 years of the Skins. I currently am not using the ignore feature because I like hearing everyone's opinions but its getting to that point with your incessant negativity that I either put you on it or I don't read the warpath as often. kinda an easy choice from that standpoint.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #58
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Dear Goat et al,

I get it:
you don't like the team's direction under Shanahan.
And you have alot of evidence on your side.
And this is an open internet forum where you can say pretty much anything

got it. I will tell you its frustrating coming on here and seeing the same rehash of every negative associated with the past 20 years of the Skins. I currently am not using the ignore feature because I like hearing everyone's opinions but its getting to that point with your incessant negativity that I either put you on it or I don't read the warpath as often. kinda an easy choice from that standpoint.
CRed I like your style bro: straight and to the point. I use the ignore feature regularly, and it makes TWP "experience" even better!

Come out and say hello from time to time...there's cake!

(I just watched some Jim Gaffigan lol)
Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #59
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I agree.When this season is over I bet these things will happen these 3 things will happen.

just my two cent . I know how we act we usually go trough these directions. Lets hope rex ryan gets fired.
You're probably right...even though any RG3 vs Cousins debate is insane.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #60
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

1. Maybe on EX, but around here? Nah. I think most members of this board all agree there is no debate there.

2. Lemme do a quick poll: Yes - GOAT, possibly you, based on your posts? No - minus 2 or 3 people, everybody else.

3. Probably the only discussion I believe might have some merit, but that all hinges on Haslett getting replaced (a real possibility).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote