Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #46
Evilgrin
The Starter

Re: Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

People are certainly forgetting about the Finnegan penalty, with good reason.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
serious question though, Who so far has been the better Signing Garcon or Morgan?
So far? Well Garçon does have two TDs....but I gotta go w/ Morgan

Crazy bold prediction! Jammal Brown will see regular season action again before Garçon or Meriweather
Old 10-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #48
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Crazy bold prediction! Jammal Brown will see regular season action again before Garçon or Meriweather
i heard after the bye is a possibility for Brown . . . and that Meriweather will be another few weeks . . . do you really think that Garcon will be out past the by week?? and even if so . . . do you think the skins are just hopeful for Brown or is Brown really looking like he is going to play (i never really thought we'd see Brown in a Skins uniform again)???
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

head exploded

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #50
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

I'm going to take a page out of Bill Simmons and create the Malcolm Kelly All-Stars team of injury prone Redskins players. Brown is a veteran member, Garcon and Meriweather are vying for a spot in the squad. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #51
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Couldn't we make the same case for Winston? Sure Polumbo isn't going to go to any probowl any time soon, but I don't hear his name called on penalties, and we seem to have some degree of success offensively. (he's not calling out the fans in the stands either a la Winston).
Polumbus is garbage. He missed two blocks on the first play of the game, and Morris got stuffed way behind the LOS. Polumbus missed others throughout the day as he has all season.

On the other hand the rest of the oline is playing together well enough so that we only have to compensate for Polumbus.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #52
Swarley
The Starter

Let's wait it out a little before we crap out on the Garcon signing. Still a long ways to go!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
i heard after the bye is a possibility for Brown . . . and that Meriweather will be another few weeks . . . do you really think that Garcon will be out past the by week?? and even if so . . . do you think the skins are just hopeful for Brown or is Brown really looking like he is going to play (i never really thought we'd see Brown in a Skins uniform again)???
I'll say Brown Nov. 18 along with Meriweather and Garcon Oct. 28...but that wouldn't be a very bold prediction
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #54
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
Let's wait it out a little before we crap out on the Garcon signing. Still a long ways to go!
I'm impressed with not only the offense, but the play calling and the passing game. The Redskins offense is getting the job done without Pierre Garcon. Hopefully Garcon can get healthy soon and contribute. I think he's worth every dollar the Redskins are paying him. Even if he lags behind in receptions and yardage this season, Garcon still has 4 more years to prove his worth.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #55
gangstalicious
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I'm impressed with not only the offense, but the play calling and the passing game. The Redskins offense is getting the job done without Pierre Garcon. Hopefully Garcon can get healthy soon and contribute. I think he's worth every dollar the Redskins are paying him. Even if he lags behind in receptions and yardage this season, Garcon still has 4 more years to prove his worth.
Yeah, I think so too. I know people are upset with him and even questioning his toughness, but at the end of the day he gotta take care of himself so he doesn't get hurt again.

That is the thing with playing a sport with injury. If you feel uneasy about your chances then it's just better to be safe than sorry. I'm Garcon wants to be out on the field catchin' those deep passes from BobG3!
gangstalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #56
Swarley
The Starter

From what Shanny said in his presser today it was his own choice to sit Garcon. Garcon was practicing with the pain but he could tell that it was bothering him so he took Garcon out and told him they need to let it heal up.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #57
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I don't question Garcon's toughness. If the injury was to a knee, a squad, a thigh, a leg, or an shoulder then I would have to say that Garcon needs to suck it up. When you are talking about an ankle, a foot, or a toe then that's a different type of injury because your entire body weight is being placed on the foot. So not being able to run is just understandable. Pierre needs to allow the injury to heal.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #58
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Do people know that Winston didn't want to come here?
No. All Free Agents are required by law to sign with the Redskins. If this law is superseded with them signing with another team, it obviously means that the coaching staff didn't want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
head exploded
As did mine. Seems like we can't catch a ****ing break for nothing.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
No. All Free Agents are required by law to sign with the Redskins. If this law is superseded with them signing with another team, it obviously means that the coaching staff didn't want them.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #60
53Fan
Franchise Player

I think Garcon was a good signing for us. Hard to run and cut on a bad foot and playing on it just prolongs the healing process. Him and RG3 seemed to click pretty quickly. Besides...we have some other receivers who are getting some valuable time on the field which can only help in the longrun. Morgan has surprised me with how well he blocks and AR should continue to improve the more time he can get on the field. There's been talk for years about Tana playing the slot and we're starting to see the benefits of it....but if needed he can still play on the outside. This team has yet to reach it's potential which is understandable with a rookie QB and so many new receivers. Let Garcon get healthy and we'll just be that much better for the playoff chase. And if Hankerson keeps improving....we're gonna have one hell of a WRing group.

Last edited by 53Fan; 10-16-2012 at 10:39 AM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote