Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion

Postgame Thread - Week 1 vs. Bucs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-09-2024, 12:46 PM   #46
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Postgame Thread - Week 1 vs. Bucs

The way the Negative Nancy's around here are throwing childish fits about the state of our team after one game is ridiculous. We all knew the new FO and coaching staff was left with a nearly bare cupboard and neither AP nor DQ has deceived the fanbase in any way into thinking there might be a quick turnaround. In fact, they made a point of reminding us that turning this franchise around is going to be a process that will take a while. So, I think the NN's among us should remember that they weren't promised immediate success and try to believe that this journey will be different.

Advertisements
Old 09-09-2024, 12:52 PM   #47
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Old 09-09-2024, 01:20 PM   #48
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
JD5 had a 36 Passing grade.. OUCH
Dang.. He didn't look comfortable as he did in the preseason, hopefully he will get rid of the jitters soon.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 02:01 PM   #49
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Dyami Brown didn't even have a target yesterday. I hope that changes Week 2.
Old 09-09-2024, 02:04 PM   #50
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Hard to underestimate how bad Rivera was as a GM. See how he left Carolina as well. Going to take time. Time=seasons. Brace yourself, folks.

Find who can play, keep JD alive, and let the FO build. Welcome to the post-Snyder era.

PS I do think the D will play better. But you cannot turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Talent on both sides is just not there. YET!
Old 09-09-2024, 02:46 PM   #51
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Hard to underestimate how bad Rivera was as a GM. See how he left Carolina as well. Going to take time. Time=seasons. Brace yourself, folks.

Find who can play, keep JD alive, and let the FO build. Welcome to the post-Snyder era.

PS I do think the D will play better. But you cannot turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Talent on both sides is just not there. YET!

RR may go down as the worst talent evaluator in the history of the league. Heck, even Jamin Davis isn’t being used the way that RR anticipated (and he wasn’t bad yesterday).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2024, 03:42 PM   #52
GridIron26
Playmaker

Peters certainly didn't waste any time, York has been released recently.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 12:25 AM   #53
calia
Playmaker

Preserving that 7th round pick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2024, 06:34 AM   #54
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Well I certainly did not expect that. I was pretty jazzed, I was not a believer in Baker. I figured he had his career year and would return to being Baker Mayfield. Couldn't have been more wrong, he was absolutely fantastic and kept the Washington offense off the field. I was expecting a defense that was flying around and was really aggressive as it attacked the ball. I was not expecting this.

But I told myself before the start it's only 1 game and many fans have been made to look stupid by forming any opinion after Game 1. We all know this team is not ready to win and had serious holes. But it's hard to do after that effort, they weren't even competitive. The very first offensive play and I said to myself this is the same movie I've seen for the last 30 years. Defensively they could not get off the field on 3rd down. Again.

But it's only Game 1 and I still like our future big time.

Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 09-10-2024 at 08:13 AM.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 09:35 AM   #55
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
Well I certainly did not expect that. I was pretty jazzed, I was not a believer in Baker. I figured he had his career year and would return to being Baker Mayfield. Couldn't have been more wrong, he was absolutely fantastic and kept the Washington offense off the field. I was expecting a defense that was flying around and was really aggressive as it attacked the ball. I was not expecting this.

But I told myself before the start it's only 1 game and many fans have been made to look stupid by forming any opinion after Game 1. We all know this team is not ready to win and had serious holes. But it's hard to do after that effort, they weren't even competitive. The very first offensive play and I said to myself this is the same movie I've seen for the last 30 years. Defensively they could not get off the field on 3rd down. Again.

But it's only Game 1 and I still like our future big time.
I don't know. I actually thought they were competitive. It was very apparent they had a rookie QB, the secondary was exploited at times, and they could have executed some things better, but I thought they were competitive. I didn't notice a lack of effort.

On D, they pressured Baker a lot, they just never completed the task. Kudos to Baker, he was like Houdini back there and he kept his eyes downfield and got the ball to his playmakers. I thought they did a good job against the run, overall.

On O, I thought they ran the ball effectively and the pass protection was sufficient. I just think JD was not seeing the field well, and he often bailed on the play too quickly. I would have liked to see him have more patience rather than just tuck and run everytime. He was also more inaccurate than expected. A lot of nerves I'm sure. That deep ball to Terry was overthrown by about 2 yards. Complete that - it's a TD, and who knows...

Like it has been said already, we all knew what the potential weaknesses were heading into week 1. It was a tough match up for this new team, week 1. I expect a much better performance in week 2 - all around. Week 1 is almost always a liar.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 09:52 AM   #56
skinsfan69
Living Legend

What a bad game next week will be. Two garbage ass teams that are going nowhere. I mean I don't even know about you guys but my patience, my fan hood is just in the toilet. But I still love talking football. Anyone watch the Lions and how they just ran it down the Rams throat in overtime? I may root for those guys this year, I love watching them play, just love everything about that team and organization.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 11:32 AM   #57
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What a bad game next week will be. Two garbage ass teams that are going nowhere. I mean I don't even know about you guys but my patience, my fan hood is just in the toilet. But I still love talking football. Anyone watch the Lions and how they just ran it down the Rams throat in overtime? I may root for those guys this year, I love watching them play, just love everything about that team and organization.
The Lions are worse off than Washington when it comes to organizations. They could possibly be on the "right track" now, but overall they're a more shitty organization than the 'Skins.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 11:57 AM   #58
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I've bought in to the idea that the new organization in Washington is completely different from that of the disgraceful Daniel Snyder's and that our new leadership will eventually build a winner.

To help myself endure the building process, I have pushed my own emotional reset button. For me, it's as if the Snyder years never happened. All of the accumulated stress of the past is gone so, in my mind, the bad loss to Tampa Bay is not stacked on top of the pile of all that we suffered at the hands of Snyder. That is what I feel I must do because I know that I'll never be able to convince myself to transfer my allegiance to another NFL team.
Old 09-10-2024, 12:28 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Daron Payne
@94yne
Yall can’t hate me out the spot 🤷🏾*♂️ hate it or love it ima be me.
Old 09-10-2024, 12:31 PM   #60
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Luckily I wont be watching due to work. I'll catch the highlights on YT TV. I have zero interest in watching bad football anymore. JD5 will be fun to watch as the yr goes and he gets more comfortable but the overall team? Hard pass