Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Playoff Predictor

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #46
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Playoff Predictor

Assuming we win the division, Well likely host the Seahawks on wild card weekend. Of all the NFC playoff contenders, they are the team I am most afraid of.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
lmao "density" ?????
Hello Mcfly.
Back to the future.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #48
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Assuming we win the division, Well likely host the Seahawks on wild card weekend. Of all the NFC playoff contenders, they are the team I am most afraid of.
Home and away they are 2 different teams. They may also be down their best CB if we play them.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
They are a vastly different team on the road with out that loud ass stadium.
Edit: 3-5 on the road with losses to detroit, st louis, arizona, and Miami included. Bring em on.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #50
los panda
Pro Bowl

we owe them big time when it comes to playoffs
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #51
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
I was thinking this as well... but then I thought of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
we owe them big time when it comes to playoffs
F**k the Seahawks, bring em on.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #52
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Home and away they are 2 different teams. They may also be down their best CB if we play them.
Your perception of the team is a bit outdated. They have the best home field advantage in the league, but they are still dangerous on the road... Take yesterday for example.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #53
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Your perception of the team is a bit outdated. They have the best home field advantage in the league, but they are still dangerous on the road... Take yesterday for example.
their last two (blowout) wins they've had were against Arizona and Buffalo. Both teams are awful. We would put up 40 on both teams as well.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #54
12thMan
MVP

Has any covered what happens if we split the last two? Can we still back our way into the playoffs?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #55
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Has any covered what happens if we split the last two? Can we still back our way into the playoffs?
it's very possible if we beat dallas
Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #56
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
It's very possible either way, to make the playoffs as a wild card we need 1 more win and losses by NYG, Chicago and Minnesota.

We still win the division with one loss, as long as its to Philly and not Dallas.

Either way, just take care of business and get in!
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #57
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Not really. 9-7 won't be enough for a wild card. We could conceivably win the division if the giants lose both of their next two, but that's unlikely.

Regarding everyone who is taking the Seahawks lightly, you are either uninformed or overestimate the skins.

Seatles scored 350 points this year allowed only 219... Just one more point than league leading sanfransico. In contrast, we've scored 381 while allowing 350. So, what does that tell us? It tells us that Seattle outscores their opponents by 9 points per game while we do so by only 2.

Yes, they've beaten up on some bad teams, but that's better than us - all of our games have been nail biters. Imagine how our defense would play AGAINST rg3 and that's pretty much how it would look playing against Wilson. Seattles offense would do to our defense what they do to everyone else. Our offense would do to Seattle defense what it has done to... Oh wait, we haven't played a defense half as good as Seattles all season. If we play Seattle, chances are we lose and ugly game. So if you want us to advance in the playoffs, hope Seattle comes in as the 6th wildcard and hope Green Bay beats them. We do much better playing the giants, bears or Vikings in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
We need to win the division now. I don't see Seattle losing that last WC spot. Maybe Chicago can implode and lose out, but Seattle may only lose their game against SF. The rest of their opponents are cupcakes.

Dallas is a mess so they don't worry me. We just need to win one more game than the Giants here out...one being the Dallas game to make sure they're dead.

I think Atlanta will beat the Giants. I really hope Baltimore can too. We can manage 2 out of 3 easily I think...but winning out is going to be tough, starting with Cleveland this week. They're beaten Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and played Dallas and the Giants really tight. They should not be overlooked.

Vick and McCoy may be back for our game too. They've been playing better without them since we've beat them too...I'd hate to see us drop that game. That would be embarrassing.

If the division is on the line against Dallas, which it likely will be, RGIII will come out like an unstoppable force. He'll play left-handed to win that game.

I'm optimistic that we can win our games. I'm worried the Giants will win their games too though. If last week against the Saints is any indication, they're starting up their late season hot streak that they're famous for after a bad middle of the season.
so much for their hot streak. They got plain out spanked, embarrassed and rolled. I think the GMen are done for this year.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #59
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
so much for their hot streak. They got plain out spanked, embarrassed and rolled. I think the GMen are done for this year.
They have one bad game late in the season every year. Then they get in the playoffs and spank, embarrass, and roll everyone.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #60
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
They have one bad game late in the season every year. Then they get in the playoffs and spank, embarrass, and roll everyone.
I dunno, getting shut out when you know the division lead is on the line, and your playoff life is also on the line doesn't bode well to me. I think they are done. They will lose against the Ravens, make Joe Flacco look like a frikkin all star, and we win the division, cause the cowboys will lose as well, while we spank the iggles.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote