Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter

Looks like a whole lot of judging going on here. Stone him and cast him out to sea? Lol! Wow. I could easily see a couple of buddies going out getting drunk and making the mistake of driving. An accident happens..one dies and we stone the other one. Damn right! That'll teach that sob to kill his friend! He'll be punished and he needs to accept that. He's responsible for the death of another human being due to his choice to disobey the law and drive while intoxicated. I'm sure it wasn't his intent but it was his choice to drive while impaired. Hopefully he serves his time and uses his mistakes and his friends death to help others with substance abuse problems.

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2012, 01:24 AM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
Killing a innocent bystander is different than a someone who willing got into the car with drunk driver. Ok, doesn't seem the same to me.

Stallworth paid his way out of a longer jail term. Part of the plea deal was a financial settlement to the family.
If i remember correctly The victim in the Stallworth case ran out in front of his car to catch a bus, totally different than what Brent did. Brent didnt mean to hurt anybody either. Ive certainly been behind the wheel after a few and im lucky nothing happened.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #48
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
If i remember correctly The victim in the Stallworth case ran out in front of his car to catch a bus, totally different than what Brent did. Brent didnt mean to hurt anybody either. Ive certainly been behind the wheel after a few and im lucky nothing happened.
Please don't ever do that again.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Chilling eyewitness account says Josh Brent initially reluctant to tend to Jerry Brown | ProFootballTalk

wow

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
I just saw on ESPN, that the cowboys released Josh Brent. I just hope they still continue to help him with a support system, I understand he committed a crime but his best friend died in the wreck. Watching the reporters surround him after he was released asking questions about his friend was sick to me.

Bottom line he deserves what comes his away as far as jail time or whatever, but his emotional state is probably fragile. NFL needs to support him as far as counseling goes and keep a close eye on him because he could become suicidal.
Did you confuse the news about him being released from jail?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
What i meant is that i was probably legally intoxicated even though i was able to drive. If something had happened the law doesnt care though
Edit: i believe if i have two drinks in an hour i am legally intoxicated -

Last edited by punch it in; 12-11-2012 at 09:57 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #52
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I've regrettably made that decision before in the past. It was very common in my high school to drive home after parties. It was very very stupid and dangerous and I regret every moment of it.

When youre younger or live in the world of the elite (sports, entertainment, etc.) you tend to think you're invincible. I'm not giving excuses but just why I think some people drive drunk.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #53
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What i meant is that i was probably legally intoxicated even though i was able to drive. If something had happened the law doesnt care though
Don't sweat it; in the past now. Lucky nothing happen. I think a good majority of people have driven over the legal limit. I know I have in the past especially in my 20's not proud of it was a huge mistake. Lucky I never killed anyone. I am also not not going to lie and belittle others who admit to it.

Now in my 30's I see the light and rarely do I ever even have a beer unless I am at home and done driving for the day. Risk reward is not worth it by any means.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #54
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I've regrettably made that decision before in the past. It was very common in my high school to drive home after parties. It was very very stupid and dangerous and I regret every moment of it.

When youre younger or live in the world of the elite (sports, entertainment, etc.) you tend to think you're invincible. I'm not giving excuses but just why I think some people drive drunk.
You don't have to be elite to think your invincible and ok to drive drunk. Do you people realize how many people drive drunk on a given night? How many here have had 3 or 4 beers and driven? Does not take very much to hit .08. My guess is if you drink you have driven over the legal limit.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #55
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Everyone makes mistakes when they are young. the critical thing is to learn from them and not repeat them. Just because you "get away" with buzzed/drunk driving 99 times, doesnt make it less likely that you could get pulled over - or worse - kill someone or yourself, on the 100th. I have had friends and family members killed by drunk drivers. its simply not worth the risk.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #56
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Killing someone is a little bigger than "just a mistake".

Driving drunk is not a "mistake", it's a damn stupid decision that you could pay for...but others shouldn't have to.

I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers. My wife and kids got t-boned by a drunk last year who went through a stop sign without even slowing down...thank God they were unharmed (car was totaled), but it should never have happened in the first place.

Even before that day, I had the same view on it. This just put it on concrete.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #57
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

By wow, i hope youre referring to Stacee McWilliams using this tragic incident to get her 15 minutes of fame. And PFT for perpetuating it by using such a licentious and inflamitory article name and not providing commentary...

Brent was intoxicated and just in an accident. the car FLIPPED AND ROLLED OVER. McWilliams stated that every time she spoke to him and told him to get his friend out of the car, his reply was "he won't get out of the car."

Its blatantly obvious Brent was in shock. The idea that McWilliams and PFT are perpetuating the idea that he just didnt care about his friend is absurd.

McWilliams says she's coming forward because she doesn't want anyone to think Brents a hero - who the frack has said he's a hero?!?! No one. This woman is trying to capitalize on a tragedy for media attention and it disgusts me to my core.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Agree with BHA there
Old 12-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #59
FRPLG
MVP

Plus he was drunk...not in the right mind seems like a fair conclusion. The thought process of some people baffles me. Why this woman thinks this is something that the public needs to know is beyond me. What's the point?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #60
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That is the biggest pussy post I've ever seen. Support system? The guy killed a man due to his negligence. He deserves to be stoned and cast out to sea. Fragile mental state, give me a f'ing break.
Agreed 100%.

He's a worthless human being. He chose to get drunk. This murder was a conscious decision, not a mistake or the fault of the alcohol. Unless he has some major learning disability, he knew getting drunk and driving is a dangerous DECISION. He's no victim, he did this to himself and to the man he killed, who pretty much provided the nails to his own coffin by riding with a drunk. They're not heroes or victims, they're people who chose to partake in knowingly dangerous, illegal and just plain stupid actions at their own free will.

The families may need support systems, but this murderer needs prison time so he cant be on the streets to kill someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Plus he was drunk...not in the right mind seems like a fair conclusion.

I hate that excuse. He was in the right mind when he bought the drinks. Whatever happens after that is his own fault.