NFC East Chances

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #46
skinsnut
Playmaker

Re: NFC East Chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
One win against a terrible team =PLAYOFFS! We are not a playoff team. End of discussion.
And just one game after being beaten decisively by a really bad panthers team to boot....

I agree....lets just enjoy the monthly win and hope we come in 3rd place this year....but most of all...lets beat Dallas on Turkey day...it has never been done before....and if it happens...just enjoy it...don't start thinking playoffs or superbowl or something....we would be 5-6 for heavens sake

Don't mean to be debbie downer...but a win against a horrible team with a rookie backup doesn't impress me...remember our defense is really bad....lets learn to enjoy watching a STAR....not the one painted on the field....the one behind center for the ....who?...can you believe it?....the REDSKINS!

WE HAVE A STAR QB! That is the point of this season....lets see what he does in the first game of the Dallas/Redskins rivalry...that is what I want to see!

Last edited by skinsnut; 11-20-2012 at 10:28 PM.
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Giants clearly have the toughest schedule of the three. I cannot even think about the playoffs (insert Mora face here) - but I desperately want to beat the Cowboys on Thursday and enjoy the Pack vs the Gints Sunday nite - setting up a potentially huge MNF showdown @ Fedex. The fact that we are literally one win and one Gints loss from that happening is way more than I could have expected after I kicked my dog (j/k) when we lost to Carolina.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Giants will beat Green bay. It's just what they do, they tease until it gets serious
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
And the Rams game too, actually.
and the Giants game! and the Bengals game! ****ing uggghhh.

edit: - the bengals game was kind of the same thing as the Giants game except it was the first play of the game where a WR ran rite up the heart of our defense and just kept going - oh and it was a WR throwing the ball! - uggh.

Last edited by punch it in; 11-20-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #50
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Giants will beat Green bay. It's just what they do, they tease until it gets serious
I live in Jersey - I hate the Giants............the thought of what you say pains me deeply. Honestly that little super - run thing they have done twice now can never happen again. ever.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #51
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
That Panthers game really stings right now. Grrrrr........

Not quite as much as the Giants game though.

AAARRRRGGGHHHH........................
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #52
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Romo is 5-0 on Thanksgiving with a 105 QB rating. Dallas has won 5 of it's last 6
We are breaking streaks rite now............
gainst rookie qb's - check
after our bye week - check
beat the eagles - check
beat Dallas on Thanksgiving - do I hear a check?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #53
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I live in Jersey - I hate the Giants............the thought of what you say pains me deeply. Honestly that little super - run thing they have done twice now can never happen again. ever.
First, you live in "New Jersey".

2nd,little super bowl run,come on really?

3rd,Giants don't beat Greenbay in the regular season,at greenbay in the playoffs but not during the regular season.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #54
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Man can we at least get back to .500 before we start talking playoffs? 4-6 doesn't sound like a playoff team to me.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #55
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Man can we at least get back to .500 before we start talking playoffs? 4-6 doesn't sound like a playoff team to me.
Thing is, Mike has been so bad, that even a very remote chance at a playoff berth has people creaming their undies. That and the thinking that this team should be 6-4 or better. We must win two more games before we even reach .500, and both are against our two biggest rivals (neither of which has a green rookie starting his first game with an Oline that looks like swiss cheese).

I will temper my expectations, and refuse to catch this optimism bug. Sad to say, I think alot of people will fall hard after reality sets in, and Shanahan screws this franchise yet again. But thats not to say I wouldnt be happy with a playoff berth, but being a pessimist is good and bad. Good if you are disappointed, but bad because of the less than rosy outlook on everything.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #56
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Thing is, Mike has been so bad, that even a very remote chance at a playoff berth has people creaming their undies. That and the thinking that this team should be 6-4 or better. We must win two more games before we even reach .500, and both are against our two biggest rivals (neither of which has a green rookie starting his first game with an Oline that looks like swiss cheese).

I will temper my expectations, and refuse to catch this optimism bug. Sad to say, I think alot of people will fall hard after reality sets in, and Shanahan screws this franchise yet again. But thats not to say I wouldnt be happy with a playoff berth, but being a pessimist is good and bad. Good if you are disappointed, but bad because of the less than rosy outlook on everything.
I like you Mech, I really do - but c'mon man! Let go of the Mike hate for just a moment and allow yourself to have fun. Is it likely - no. A six game run? Show me a two game run first - get to .500 and maybe, maybe - it's a real conversation. At the same time, are you really so intent on cursing at your TV and spreading misery that you can't just let people dream? There will be plenty of time for your anti-Shanahan's rants, maybe as early as tomorrow.

For now, why not just let yourself enjoy the hope for the play offs while, mathmatically, you still can? I, and most of us here, realize it is likely a fleeting opportunity.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #57
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I like you Mech, I really do - but c'mon man! Let go of the Mike hate for just a moment and allow yourself to have fun. Is it likely - no. A six game run? Show me a two game run first - get to .500 and maybe, maybe - it's a real conversation. At the same time, are you really so intent on cursing at your TV and spreading misery that you can't just let people dream? There will be plenty of time for your anti-Shanahan's rants, maybe as early as tomorrow.

For now, why not just let yourself enjoy the hope for the play offs while, mathmatically, you still can? I, and most of us here, realize it is likely a fleeting opportunity.
A plea for a Redskins fan to try and enjoy the team?? Who would have thought we'd need such a thing!
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #58
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #59
MTK
\m/

Optimism not allowed folks.

Nothing to see here, go back to your miserable lives.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #60
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
First, you live in "New Jersey".

2nd,little super bowl run,come on really?

3rd,Giants don't beat Greenbay in the regular season,at greenbay in the playoffs but not during the regular season.
No I live in Jersey. Have lived in Jersey all my life.
Second - i have given the Giants a ton of credit all over these threads for their little super bowl runs - i was being sarcastic!
I am fully aware that they only beat the Pack in the playoffs - I am fully aware they only beat MOST teams in the playoffs.