Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Update: Redskins Sign K Kai Forbath and OLB Mario Addison/Waive Cundiff and White

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #46
Gtothearry
The Starter

re: Update: Redskins Sign K Kai Forbath and OLB Mario Addison/Waive Cundiff and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I would guess because he can't kick it out of the back of the endzone. They said he is a awesome punter too.
Can Rocca convert over to kickoff duties? Not sure how much of a leg he has for touch backs.

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #47
los panda
Pro Bowl

re: Update: Redskins Sign K Kai Forbath and OLB Mario Addison/Waive Cundiff and White

Quote:
I would guess because he can't kick it out of the back of the endzone. They said he is a awesome punter too.
i forgot the punting part, he did have a 55 yard punt against us in preseason. but the totals that game were 6 punts, 34.7 avg. forget that 55 yarder, that's a 30.6 avg, maybe just a little shy of "awesome".
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #48
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
now if only Mr. Miyagi would join the training staff we would be all set!!
Yes our season is saved!!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #49
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

You knew it was coming. Cundiff should have made those kicks, especially the ones in Tampa. The Redskins should have put up 30 points in that game. Then he stinks it up at Fed Ex Field the other day. Even the kick Cundiff made against the Bucs to win the game was just inside the upright so he could have easily missed that kick too. It was time for Cundiff to go. He wore out his welcome.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I have no idea who he is but am 100% positive he's better than Cundiff. Say what you want about Shanahan, but atleast he moves on quickly when he realizes he makes a mistake.
He never should've signed Cundiff. Everyone knew the guy's confidence was shot after he choked in the championship game. Plus he was never an elite kicker. The move simply made no sense and there's been too much of that since Shanahan's been here. Now he's signing a kicker that's never kicked in an NFL game.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #51
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He never should've signed Cundiff. Everyone knew the guy's confidence was shot after he choked in the championship game. Plus he was never an elite kicker. The move simply made no sense and there's been too much of that since Shanahan's been here. Now he's signing a kicker that's never kicked in an NFL game.
Kai Forbath can boot those long range field goals consistently. The guy is money on kicks beyond 50 yards. As far as Cundiff is concerned, I completely agree with you. He never beat Gano for the job. Shanahan just cut Gano and just handed Cundiff the job which I think was wrong. He should have allowed for Gano to mess up and then bring in another kicker if Gano was unable to perform. I think going into his 3rd full season, Gano would have straighten out his problems with consistency but we'll never know now.

I'm happy with the new kicker.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #52
Evilgrin
The Starter

From Wiki currently

"Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed Forbath for the Queen of Spain on April 17, 2012. He was subsequently annexed by Spain on May 23, 2012. On July 12, 2012, Forbath's pelvis declared itself a sovereign nation. Currently, the Untied Nations does not recognize Forbath's pelvis' independence."
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #53
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I would rather have signed a veteran
He's just another Gano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #54
FRPLG
MVP

I mean all the veterans are "scrap-heap" guys at this point. If you're a vet kicker and NOT on a team 5 weeks in you're just a guy. It's the truth. Maybe you get brought in and stay hot for a while but you're not going all of a sudden become a stud kicker. Look around the league...the good kickers all came in as young guys and developed. At this point what is the benefit of a guy like Brown compared to Forbath? Nothing. Brown is what he is. Forbath may be more than what he currently is. We gave Gano a similar chance and he didn't develop enough. Cundiff was a "on paper" upgrade who went in the tank. This new guy might develop into a solid kicker. If not he isn't much worse than a decent vet. Which is all that is available.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #55
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I would rather have signed a veteran
He's just another Gano

Gano was pretty darn good, so if Korbath is as good as Gano but without whatever "issues" caused Shanahan to dislike him, then i think we'll be in good shape.... certainly better off than where we were.

None of the veterans were even remotely appealing. Mare and Longwell are both like 300 years old and neither could kick the dust off their own feet. I'd much rather go with a highly touted young guy like Korbath who has upside than veterans whos best days are behind them for a 100 percent certainty.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #56
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Gano was pretty darn good, so if Korbath is as good as Gano but without whatever "issues" caused Shanahan to dislike him, then i think we'll be in good shape.... certainly better off than where we were.

None of the veterans were even remotely appealing. Mare and Longwell are both like 300 years old and neither could kick the dust off their own feet. I'd much rather go with a highly touted young guy like Korbath who has upside than veterans whos best days are behind them for a 100 percent certainty.
RACKERS RACKERS RACKERS
The 36-year-old kicker has played for the Cincinnati Bengals, Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans over 12 seasons, and his 88.2 field goal percentage over the last three years is third best in the NFL over that span.
tHE ONLY REASON HE'S STILL NOT KICKING FOR TEXANS WAS CONTRACT ISSUE,NOT PERFORMANCE BASED

Im all for upside,but Gano had "upside" so we stuck with him and we see how that turned out
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
i called this!!! I SO CALLED HIM COMING IN! Woot! I'm so happy bout this pickup
Nice call
If he sucks though your on the hook.
Also If forbath misses what do we call him? As horrible as it is the whole gano good and billy cundont has kind of grown on me.
Never mind.
Bad thought.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #58
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
From Wiki currently

"Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed Forbath for the Queen of Spain on April 17, 2012. He was subsequently annexed by Spain on May 23, 2012. On July 12, 2012, Forbath's pelvis declared itself a sovereign nation. Currently, the Untied Nations does not recognize Forbath's pelvis' independence."
Now that's funny. Wikisatire.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #59
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Yeahhhh Forbath!

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #60
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Forbath might end up being just as good as Chip Lomiller was. We just have to wait and see.
Closed Thread