Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #46
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Who cares -- the coaches will be gone in a few weeks and big al will be happy.
Exactly...

Although I mean its hard to disagree with him, one of the biggest problems I've had with the coaches is that they are so set in their ways with a scheme, they dont try to build around the players... Look at Jason Taylor last year... ok they didn't want them, I get that, but once they got him, why not use him for what he's good at...
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

cool this is what we need. Another player going to the media to complain...Carlos, Clinton, now Phat Albert...that how we do things in DC...great

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #48
mlmdub130
Playmaker

re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigreds77 View Post
Do you people really want our DB coach running the D? Every game his corners & safety's are out of position. I would like to see Zorn send him packing.
nope i want every single one of the gone

the only packing zorn is doing is his own shit cause he is gone

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #49
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I don't particularly care for the scheme, but Haynesworth needs to keep his criticisms in house. I don't like it when Portis mouths off to the press and I don't like it when Haynesworth does it either. What good does it do to talk to the press about the fact that you think that your coaches (i.e., your bosses) suck? I recognize that Haynesworth can be a dominant player, but this is precisely why I had serious reservations about the team pursuing him in free agency. Keep your trap shut Albert.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #50
mlmdub130
Playmaker

isn't this the same as the other hanyesworth thread?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I don't particularly care for the scheme, but Haynesworth needs to keep his criticisms in house. I don't like it when Portis mouths off to the press and I don't like it when Haynesworth does it either. What good does it do to talk to the press about the fact that you think that your coaches (i.e., your bosses) suck? I recognize that Haynesworth can be a dominant player, but this is precisely why I had serious reservations about the team pursuing him in free agency. Keep your trap shut Albert.
Exactly, ...it does us no good at all. Media is going to jump all over this and twist and turn it into something else...dont like it. typical soap opera Skins bullshit...national media gonna jump all over it....blah blah blah..cant wait for the season to be over and this coaching staff to just go the f*ck away...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #52
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I'll be so glad when that outdated stubborn old bastard is gone. Isn't he from down south? Go get a job with Grilliams in N.O. Blache. Your act has worn thin here and the game is passing you by. This may be a little harsh but I'm over it already, just like I am with Portis. This defense can't hold a lead for s**t no matter who we add to it.

Funny. Blache and his D were a top D in the league most of the season and now the suck. A D can only carry a team for so long til they break 53. Doesn't help if your team can't score over 17 points most of the season either. Blache is gone for sure, thing is who does Allen bring in?
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #53
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Exactly...

Although I mean its hard to disagree with him, one of the biggest problems I've had with the coaches is that they are so set in their ways with a scheme, they dont try to build around the players... Look at Jason Taylor last year... ok they didn't want them, I get that, but once they got him, why not use him for what he's good at...
I think it's more of a case of the front office not working with the coaching staff. If we had competent front office people then they would've known that Jason Taylor was not a good fit here. Mainly cause he plays AC's position. Also if Blache plays more of a conservative read and react scheme and wants his DT's to stay at home then the FO shouldn't have wasted their time getting AH.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #54
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Trust me I'm totally with you. I agree we over spent on AH, but I have to admit he is freeing up Orakpo and Carter more then Daniels and Griffen.

What gets me is people crying about him taking plays off. Go out on the field and have to move your 300+ pounds and take on two others weighting around 300 a piece. So take on 600 pounds on every play during every game. He will need to take a break now and then.

2 more games. 2 more. Then the owner can send the coaching staff home for not showing up to games until the 4th quarter.
You have somewhat of a point, but if AH was in shape in the first place he could play on most downs taking on two linemen. Hopefully when he finishes his contract he will have given us enough production to warrant his fat contract.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #55
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I feel REAL confident that whatever D coach comes in here, he will not be pissed off Big Al is on the squad.........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #56
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Funny. Blache and his D were a top D in the league most of the season and now the suck. A D can only carry a team for so long til they break 53. Doesn't help if your team can't score over 17 points most of the season either. Blache is gone for sure, thing is who does Allen bring in?
Well I would disagree we were a top defense for most of the season Gus. Depends on your definition of a top defense I guess. We're 2-2 when we've scored over 17 points, we scored 30 on N.O. and lost. I would imagine Shanny or whoever ends up coaching us will bring in their own DC. All I know is we can be a lot better. The "D" was suppose to be our strength. It isn't. Any player who has pass rushing skills or a lot of talent seems to digress when he comes here. I would argue that Blache and G. Williams do more to suppress individual talent by forcing their players to fit their schemes, than they do to take advantage of their talent.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #57
GusFrerotte

Statistically we were a top D til like 4-5 weeks ago, according to NFL.com. We were #1 pass Defense and #2 overall for a bit of a stretch there til our O got in a groove, but the D seemed to collapse.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #58
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Statistically we were a top D til like 4-5 weeks ago, according to NFL.com. We were #1 pass Defense and #2 overall for a bit of a stretch there til our O got in a groove, but the D seemed to collapse.
Because our offense wasn't a threat, bad teams could afford to lean on their running games against our always pretty effective run defense, instead of having to rely on their passing games to challenge our weaknesses.

I mean, you were there to see Stafford absolutely torch this joke of a defense in his third ever start with two 80+ yard drives. There wasn't a whole lot of that going on in the first six games or so because the offense wasn't pulling it's weight and teams could beat us without putting it in the air. But when they chose to, even the worst passing games in the NFL had a fair share of success.

It wasn't a coincidence that the Blache scheme got exposed as soon as the offense started to find it's stride. Once opponents realized that they would need to put up a few TDs in order to beat the Redskins, it caused them to have to find mismatches in the passing game against us. That's when you started to see all the double moves. It's not that Carolina and Kansas City couldn't have done the same thing to us, it's that they could compete simply by grinding it out and not putting it in the hands of their QBs.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #59
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Eli Manning is not a great quarterback. He is a very good quarterback, in some ways the best in the division (although Romo is more productive, game to game). The only thing you need to see from our defense is how competitive they are against the best pocket passer in the division.

Since 2008, we've made Eli Manning look like Peyton Manning out there. When the division rival that sees you the most starts to resemble an all time great against you, it's time for a change. All defenses for the Blache defense are just petty, at this point.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #60
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Eli Manning is not a great quarterback. He is a very good quarterback, in some ways the best in the division (although Romo is more productive, game to game). The only thing you need to see from our defense is how competitive they are against the best pocket passer in the division.

Since 2008, we've made Eli Manning look like Peyton Manning out there. When the division rival that sees you the most starts to resemble an all time great against you, it's time for a change. All defenses for the Blache defense are just petty, at this point.
Sorry GTRIPP but the best qb in the east is Mcnabb, Manning is slightly better than Romo just because Tony is at times very inconsistent. Also I just ran by this report Haynesworth tried to get teammates to come late to practice | ProFootballTalk.com