Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Broncos)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #46
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Broncos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I don't know, everytime the camera panned to him, he was going bonkers. I thought he was extremely supportive given his/team's situation
Your right in the second half or maybe he started late in the 2nd. Not sure if it means anything one way or the other but I did take notice how he was at the begining just stand off to the side talking to another player. I then noticed in the second he was cheering but the game also was building as it went on so maybe he was just getting caught up with the game. I'm sure there where other players as the game went on got up off the bench or started cheering more in the second half.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #47
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yesterday showed me a QB that our coaches did not trust so they put it on the our RB to win the game.
What game were YOU watching? Was it the one where 'a QB that our coaches did not trust' went 9-9 in the 2nd half and led them to a come from behind victory? Just curious.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Like the write up Smoot. A few things for me...

1) I'm not a fan favorite of Betts/Cartwright but the last two games I'll gladly eat crow. I said it once and will say it again....They both look good when in together, Betts blocking for Rock. Also if nothing else it might give us some trade value later in the year if we are looking to get younger.

2) Levi Jones, yes he's 30, but he only has 7yrs in the league. If he can stay healthy he might be able to help out for another 2-3yrs. We definitly need to get another LT for him to help train and a bonified RT or two. Then take all the other O-lineman we have (who are young) and make them Guards and Centers. Definitly need to pick up a taller Center. Rabach gets bowled over too much and I hate seeing any QB behind him squating so low to take the ball.

3) Roger......wow. He's definitly not a shut down corner. Bites on the first move all the time and I'm not the only person to notice, during the Tampa game the announcers mentioned that very thing. He's great at bump and run and yet sucks at his job when giving a cushion. Blache should simply make him play bump and run the rest of the season. Eveyone else can play zone...Rogers I want you to play bump and run....stick to your man like glue. Otherwise sit him and let the younger guys get experience.
Wouldn’t it be great not to ever hear those words again when talking about the oline? I think Levi is a great midseason addition, I wish we had him months ago and had him start at Right tackle when Chris was still playing, but if we dont go after SEVERAL tackles in the first 4 rounds of the draft I will be disappointed. The problem is o-line players have shitty jersey sales compared to most other players, and its tough for snyder to make them first round picks. He learned that the hard way when he traded everything away to get Samuels years ago.

Campbell squats like that because of Zorn. Zorn forced him to do that last year. It doesn’t look natural to me at all either, but i guess Zorn should know whats hes talking about when it comes to QB play. I dont remember why but i remember Zorn wanting Jason to have a compressed stance. Apparently if you can dodge pads while attempting passes in practice and if you got a compressed stance you will light it up on Sundays. Not sure what JC's problem is.... oh wait a oline that will be great if only they can stay healthy.

Sorry dont want to be a downer, it was a great win, and for possibly the first time ever attending a game i wasnt blacked out and can recall most of the action. No 8 dollar beers for me Mr. Snyder!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #49
MTK
\m/

The lower stance is all about JC staying lower and keeping his knees bent so he's in a better position to throw, take off running, whatever. Zorn felt he was playing too tall previously.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #50
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Campbell drops back slowly, he doesn't see the field well, he's indecisive, he has a slow release, he's inaccurate, he has no touch, he throws a flat deep ball, and he's not a leader.
Succinct and accurate.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #51
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Campbell drops back slowly, he doesn't see the field well, he's indecisive, he has a slow release, he's inaccurate, he has no touch, he throws a flat deep ball, and he's not a leader.
But other than that a very fine player
Old 11-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #52
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
My big one is run defense. We have essentially the same defensive line from last year with a HUGE addition, yet we're getting gashed in the run game.
I think that's the scheming. We started the season stronger against the run but it would fluctuate, I think that we're still playing for the pass and on running downs doing the whole "d-line occupies blockers" and waiting on the LBs to make the play.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #53
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am all for loving the win, but one other knock on JC was his intentional grounding call. I don't know if anyone else saw it, or if my view was wrong, but Yoder looked like he was WIDE open in the middle if not for a TD, at least a FD.
Looked like four (three?) verticals concept with Yoder taking the area just outside the right has. He was running down field against zone (cover two, I believe), and where he ended up in the end zone, there was not a soul within ten yards of him.

It would have been fantastic if Campbell would have seen that, as the Broncos just flat blew the coverage. Campbell would have had (barely) enough time to deliver that ball, but he would have had to have seen it the whole way, unfortunately.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #54
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If I'm correct Moss was back for several returns with no results. Maybe the comment from our coach saying we go for the blocked punt instead of setting up the return might have something to do with it.
Ahhh seriously? We don't even block many punts, ridiculous. That should be a situational (how the game is going, type of pressure you can get, field position) decision, not a complete game plan.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #55
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Unfortunately, people want a QB that will put the game on his shoulders and win it for the team. Fans tend to forget that we're a running team and we expect the running game to win for us (just like with teams like the Cards and the Colts, you never expect their running games to win the game).
You can only be a running team as much as your players allow for it. We have seen some success going with more runs, but also with different personnel taking those hand-offs. Too many variables right now to say why it's working better. Things that appear to be helping: Levi Jones in.. Rinehart back in.. I'll also tie in better upfield blocking; Betts and Cartwright hitting holes fast and hard and fighting for extra yards; the run defenses we've played, etc
Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #56
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Im wondering, if JC cant hit Santana on the deep routes...Why dont they move Moss to the slot and use him like Wes Welker....Several other guys can play wide out...the Wo isnt getting the ball anyway....
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #57
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
but if we dont go after SEVERAL tackles in the first 4 rounds of the draft I will be disappointed.
How many will it take for you, 3? Because I believe that's how many picks we have in the top 4 rounds. We do have other needs...

Quote:
Campbell squats like that because of Zorn. Zorn forced him to do that last year. It doesn’t look natural to me at all either, but i guess Zorn should know whats hes talking about when it comes to QB play. I dont remember why but i remember Zorn wanting Jason to have a compressed stance.

He wants him to be lower in the drop back. However what strikes me as funny is that when Zorn first came in I'm pretty sure that he said that Rabach needed to get his ass up higher so that Campbell didn't have to squat like that. So I'd think he'd have him starting higher and then lowering during the drop, but who knows.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #58
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
How many will it take for you, 3? Because I believe that's how many picks we have in the top 4 rounds. We do have other needs...

He wants him to be lower in the drop back. However what strikes me as funny is that when Zorn first came in I'm pretty sure that he said that Rabach needed to get his ass up higher so that Campbell didn't have to squat like that. So I'd think he'd have him starting higher and then lowering during the drop, but who knows.

[/font][/color]
The lower stance is all about JC staying lower and keeping his knees bent so he's in a better position to throw, take off running, whatever. Zorn felt he was playing too tall previously. MK72
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #59
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Like the write up Smoot. A few things for me...

1) I'm not a fan favorite of Betts/Cartwright but the last two games I'll gladly eat crow. I said it once and will say it again....They both look good when in together, Betts blocking for Rock. Also if nothing else it might give us some trade value later in the year if we are looking to get younger.

2) Levi Jones, yes he's 30, but he only has 7yrs in the league. If he can stay healthy he might be able to help out for another 2-3yrs. We definitly need to get another LT for him to help train and a bonified RT or two. Then take all the other O-lineman we have (who are young) and make them Guards and Centers. Definitly need to pick up a taller Center. Rabach gets bowled over too much and I hate seeing any QB behind him squating so low to take the ball.

3) Roger......wow. He's definitly not a shut down corner. Bites on the first move all the time and I'm not the only person to notice, during the Tampa game the announcers mentioned that very thing. He's great at bump and run and yet sucks at his job when giving a cushion. Blache should simply make him play bump and run the rest of the season. Eveyone else can play zone...Rogers I want you to play bump and run....stick to your man like glue. Otherwise sit him and let the younger guys get experience.
Did you watch Betts the one year he started, all he does is produce when he starts.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #60
dmek25
MVP

how quickly we forget about the fumbles. the Rams fumble cost us the game. say what you want about Portis, but he doesn't fumble