Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #46
jdc65
Special Teams

Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

LT-Okung, LG-Dockery, C-Rabach, RG-Williams, RT-Capers

I like Capers; think he fits schematically, and I hope we get him in the 4th.
He wouldn't be the starter when the season begins, but I think he could take over before it ends.

Next year draft a Guard and a Center in the first 4 rounds, and we have a great start on fixing this O-line for the next decade.
jdc65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #47
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Yep, I agree with Okung, Dockery, Rabach, M. Williams, and Heyer. Flozell Adams is okay, too. I think maybe Rabach might be losing some abilities, but have nothing to base this on except for the barrage of d-linemen surging up the middle last year. That might not be entirely Rabach's fault.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #48
internetcareer
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Not Heyer.

This new Coach and FO will see just what he never was.

And the NFL Draft will turn up some starter(s) and some back-ups.

UDFAs will help our depth.

But not Heyer. NoNoNoNoNoNoNo!
Look. I know you think you are an expert at evaluating talent. But quite frankly you probably have ZERO idea what Shanny is planning. You probably have no idea that Heyer is working his butt off in the weight room, watching film, and with the new strength coach. I believe Mike Shanahan may be able to make a pretty good decision or 2 after he get Stephen to camp. Let's not pre judge anybody base upon Zorns obvious lack of offensive plays and Campbells obvious lack of being able to get rid of the ball. I trust Shanny and some of you guys just need to take a chill pill, sit back, and enjoy the experts who are now in charge.
internetcareer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Heaven forbid backrow should express his opinion on a message board
Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

internetcareer:

You seem to like lambasting people on this site who offer their opinions. Pretty much everyone here follows the Skins closer than the average fan in my opinion, and even if you disagree, there really is no reason to say anything more than your thoughts. case in point, with backrow's comment, i doubt you know who he is and what he does and does not know(i certainly don't), so you could simply quote his post, and respond giving your thoughts and opinions without sarcasm or demeaning his knowledge. Several people on this site absolutely are experts at evaluating talent(not me), and nearly one hundred percent of us are going to wait and see, and trust MS' abilities. That doesn't mean we aren't going to offer thoughts and opinions when something stands out as a questionable action, or something that we strongly believe. Bottom line, seems like you are the one who needs to take the chill pill, offer your thoughts, and let others do the same, after all we all want the Skins to go 19-0 next year.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #51
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetcareer View Post
Look. I know you think you are an expert at evaluating talent. But quite frankly you probably have ZERO idea what Shanny is planning. You probably have no idea that Heyer is working his butt off in the weight room, watching film, and with the new strength coach. I believe Mike Shanahan may be able to make a pretty good decision or 2 after he get Stephen to camp. Let's not pre judge anybody base upon Zorns obvious lack of offensive plays and Campbells obvious lack of being able to get rid of the ball. I trust Shanny and some of you guys just need to take a chill pill, sit back, and enjoy the experts who are now in charge.
Heyer? Is that you?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I am a strong believer in the fact that Zorn really messed up our line play by constantly swapping out players and moving them around. Having said that, Heyer's lack of ability on our left side was really self evident in many games. You can talk about Campbell failing to get rid of the ball, but when Heyer was on the left side, it was like a free pass to top defensive ends for pressuring/hitting/sacking the qb. He was slightly better on the right side, and I hope that we can get something productive from him, but I don't think it ever was a question of working out.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #53
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
internetcareer:

You seem to like lambasting people on this site who offer their opinions. Pretty much everyone here follows the Skins closer than the average fan in my opinion, and even if you disagree, there really is no reason to say anything more than your thoughts. case in point, with backrow's comment, i doubt you know who he is and what he does and does not know(i certainly don't), so you could simply quote his post, and respond giving your thoughts and opinions without sarcasm or demeaning his knowledge. Several people on this site absolutely are experts at evaluating talent(not me), and nearly one hundred percent of us are going to wait and see, and trust MS' abilities. That doesn't mean we aren't going to offer thoughts and opinions when something stands out as a questionable action, or something that we strongly believe. Bottom line, seems like you are the one who needs to take the chill pill, offer your thoughts, and let others do the same, after all we all want the Skins to go 19-0 next year.
I am pretty sure Shanny is shaking in his boots at the prospect of Heyer starting, but what else can he say right now. He may not have a choice, so why not fill the kids head with bs.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #54
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Thank goodness we have an expert on board to keep us yahoo's straight on the facts. I think we should all sit quietly so we don't embarrass ourselves and just try to soak in his vast knowledge. Uhmmmm.......uhmmmmm...
Old 04-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #55
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Okung vs Williams/OSU vs OU on ESPNU.

Edit: Williams is playing RT in this game as it's from 2008.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #56
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Okung, Dockery, Rabach, Rinehart, Hicks

I think we'll see a line that is a little more athletic than in the past. Having M.Williams and Flozell Adams on the right side would make for one glacially slow and ponderous tandem.
i like this scenario. but i would rather have Ed Williams in the middle, because i think Rabach skills are fading fast
Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #57
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
You do know that this is a opinion based message board right??

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #58
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

But I'll go with Okung, Dockery, Rabach, M. Williams, Colon

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #59
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The Colon rumors are fading fast by the way. Not sure anything is going to happen there. Brown (and to a lesser extent Bushrod) are very much in play still though
Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #60
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The Colon rumors are fading fast by the way. Not sure anything is going to happen there. Brown (and to a lesser extent Bushrod) are very much in play still though
Maybe the 38 cocktails consumed by him and Big Ben on the night of the alleged assault might have something to do with it and raises a red flag?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote