Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Re: Bruce Out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Really bizarre that ANY other NFL franchise would be looking at bringing Allen in any capacity. I can't believe it.

He’s actually well respected as business executive, as a football guy not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Jay Glazer seems to speculate BA could move to the business side of things. I hope not!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Allen just needs to go away. Why would you want him doing business affairs when all the agents dislike him? Just fire him like you did Gruden.

Snyder wants the stadium in DC I believe. What ties does Allen have w/ the liberal DC govt? None as far as I know. His brother is a known racist and is out of politics so I'm not sure why Dan needs him, except to be drinking buds. I don't see any connections for DC or MD. Maybe VA...
Old 12-29-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Bruce would be useful as a tackling dummy, just think of the boost to off season workout attendance, TW would be at the front of the line on day 1.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Allen just needs to go away. Why would you want him doing business affairs when all the agents dislike him? Just fire him like you did Gruden.

Snyder wants the stadium in DC I believe. What ties does Allen have w/ the liberal DC govt? None as far as I know. His brother is a known racist and is out of politics so I'm not sure why Dan needs him, except to be drinking buds. I don't see any connections for DC or MD. Maybe VA...
Exactly right. Knowing Dan, a childhood Redskins fan during RFK glory days, he wants his new stadium on the old RFK grounds. The classic TV shot of RFK near the national monuments is priceless.
MD and VA is strip malls and traffic. How did Landover work out?
With the political turnover Allen is not plugged in politically anymore, in fact his unpopularity in DC area make him a political liability for any politician.
Dan needs to fire BA and hire a legitimate Media relation and Political relations firm that specializes in these type projects. Not Bruce Allen. Would you put BA in charge anything after what he did to the Redskins? Not a logical choice.
Who in their right mind would think Bruce is top choice? Even Dan can see that from his yacht.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:06 PM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins Twitter says Rivera is the guy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Redskins Twitter says Rivera is the guy

I'm not sure I buy the Twitter talk but who knows. With the Giants looking like they're going to move on from their coach, why wouldn't he go there where he has a relationship with the GM? He has no ties here at all.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jay Glazer has confirmed that Ron is the #1 guy and a presser is schedule for tomorrow. I'd love that hire

Old 12-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jay Glazer has confirmed that Ron is the #1 guy and a presser is schedule for tomorrow. I'd love that hire

I’d def take Ron as HC...good hire if true.

He Gets Us
Old 12-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’d def take Ron as HC...good hire if true.
I'd settle for Ron but he's not my #1 candidate.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #11
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'd settle for Ron but he's not my #1 candidate.
Who is?
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 12-30-2019, 01:28 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Who is?
LOL. I literally wrote this long ass post explaining why I'm enamored with Eric Bienemy for making the Chiefs offense look good. And one of my major factors with Bienemy was how fascinated I am with the Andy Reid coaching tree, because his coaching tree has gone on to major success in a way that Bill B's coaching tree never did. I typed out several different reasons why I trust Reid's process and that's why Bienemy is my #1 guy, and then I found the link to the SI article where they interviewed several of his former assistants and that's where I found out Ron Rivera comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

So all the points I made about how I trust the Andy Reid coaching tree and that's why Bienemy is my #1 choice also led me to realize what a dumbass I am because Ron Rivera comes from that same tree.

Reid's philosophy is about putting a premium on coaches who are good teachers and motivators and who never stop learning. Rivera falls under that discipline, as does Bienemy.

After reading this and gaining more insight into Rivera I would be fine with him running the show and keeping KOC on as O-coordinator.

Just so you can see where I'm coming from, here's the article:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/15/an...-john-harbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Rivera on Andy Reid
One of the things you gotta give Andy credit for is the way he does things. It’s almost like it’s right out of Bill Walsh’s book, Finding the Winning Edge. When I was first with Andy, he encouraged me to go get it, so I read the book. And by reading the book, one of the things I learned off it was that everything we did with Andy was in the book. So I started seeing why—in the book, there are great explanations of why Bill Walsh did everything that he did. … He trusts you. So by empowering you and giving you trust, you really do feel like, wow, ‘This is mine, he’s given us an opportunity to take a true stake in what we do.’

One thing he always did with us, when we had to do our reviews from the game, we all did it together in the same room, and you had to sign your name to it. You had to put your grades up in front of everybody. And every now and then, you had to explain why you graded your players like you did. I’m an eternally optimistic person. So one time, we’re grading, and my grades are a little higher than everybody’s. And we had won the game.

So after we got done, Andy said, ‘Ron, can you stay?’ I said, ‘Sure.’ So I stayed in the room and he starts talking about the grades, everybody’s grades. And we’d won this game like 35-7, I can’t remember who we beat. And Andy was smiling—‘You ever notice anything about the grades up here?’ I said, ‘I don’t know what you’re getting at, coach.’ Andy say, ‘Well, you see everyone’s grades, you notice yours are a little high?’ So I said, ‘Coach, we won the game 35-7.’ I’m looking at our offensive line, and nobody graded better than a 2.0, and a 2.0 was a backup player that you’re looking to replace—3.0 was a solid starter who did a great job, 3.5 was a guy playing Pro Bowl-caliber football, 4.0 was an All-Pro.

And I said, ‘Coach, I’m just looking at these grades and saying how can we win a game by so much and have so many low grades?” He said, ‘OK, I get it.’ And what I took, he didn’t judge me. He just asked me what I thought about it. And from that, it made me realize, I’m a positive guy, I look at things from a positive perspective—we had to do something right if we won 35-7. And he was that way too.

I remember asking Andy, ‘You know, you never fire anybody. Why?’ He said, ‘Ron, two things. First of all, I hired you. If I think something’s not going well, I’m gonna work with you, I’m gonna train you and give you every opportunity to succeed. If I don’t do that, it’s on me, it’s my fault.’ So he gave us this book on teaching, it’s a little book on teaching. And in it, there are little things about the progression of learning, the progression of teaching, you teach everything from the core, from the base. Like a tree, everything grows up, you’ve got a firm foundation and then it branches out. That’s how I look at coaching, from having read that book.
Now I'm not saying I think Andy Reid is the best coach in the history of football (obviously Bill Belichick is in that convo). But the way he brings coaches up and the ones that have gone on to major success makes me believe he does things the right way. I'm a believer in the Reid system.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Discipline will be instored right away and this team needs that desperately.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #14
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Discipline will be instored right away and this team needs that desperately.

Exactly this. Rivera is a leader of men. I welcome him with open arms.

The bigger question/intrigue for me is what's gonna happen in the front office. I don't see Rivera coming here with how things are now so I'm expecting a sizable shakeup.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

I’m all in with Riverboat Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk