Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins v. Pats Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #46
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Re: Skins v. Pats Pregame Thread

Pretty good analysis from the Patriots perspective:

Ben Volin | On Football: The skinny on the Skins: What the Patriots can expect - The Boston Globe

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #47
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have none at all.
I thought Indy had bad Luck?

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #48
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I thought Indy had bad Luck?

Sent from my S6 Edge
hehehe.

Here's my take on how the game will go down this Sunday.

This game is going to be similar to the Jets game. First half we will keep things close despite offense not doing much. Defense will somewhat stifle them and the Pats will take a 14-10 halftime lead. At halftime, Jay Gruden's speech to the team will be "well it's a close game, let's keep following the plan and we'll get the win." Bill B's halftime speech to the Pats will consist of, "LISTEN UP YOU CANDY ASSES, IT'S THE FUCKING REDSKINS. IT'S THE EASIEST GAME WE'LL PLAY ALL YEAR. GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND LETS WIPE THE FLOOR IN THE SECOND HALF." Then they will proceed to come out and remind us how truly distant we are from the elite teams of the NFL. Sorry there's no happy ending in this one lol.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #49
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I dont know why people think this will be close at halftime,we were down 24-7 to frickin TB!
My feeling is this will be over by halftime,35-7 or 35-14
Old 11-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Breeland who is our best CB might not play on Sunday, and neither might Hall.
It is time to cut bait with Hall this off season. Probably should have let him go this past off season.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #51
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It is time to cut bait with Hall this off season. Probably should have let him go this past off season.
I pretty much thought Hall was as good as gone last season as well. I wish he'd just retire honestly, he's not good enough to be a #1 anymore and I dunno if they'd end up moving him to safety.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #52
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I have this feeling it's going to be a ass stomping of epic proportions. Normally we suck balls coming off a bye week, and now we are going to be down our best pass rusher and potentially 2 of our best CBs. The thing that frightens me the most is.........."who the fuck at the ILB is going to guard Gronk?" I think Gronk goes off this game.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong about all of that. Our only hope is if we get the run game going and keep Brady off the field.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #53
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have none at all. :P
https://youtu.be/uEGVtbgYx2I
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:38 PM   #54
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Big key to this game is getting our run game going big time. We have to keep their offense off the field. If DJax comes back (and doesnt tweek his hammy in the first quarter) i think that our offense can surprise them. We have to run well to keep them honest though. Next off we need every bounce, break, and call to go our way. I think we will play loose - Gruden will be blunt with these guys as far as expectations. He wont blow smoke up their butts telling them thay they are just as good blah blah blah. Win or lose the division will be well within our reach and rite now that is the goal. Win the division. KC knows he talked smack to the media with his "you like that" - so i think he will be focused and determined to not fall flat on his face. Ill say that this will be a game going into the fourth quarter. Thats all. Let fate decide what happens than. Go Skins!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Pats are on a mission, they have rolled everyone so I'm not expecting anything different this week. This will b a game where we can just say it didn't really even happen. I don't think they score 50 but I say around 35-20

They have beaten everyone. Not rolled. The opener against Pitt should have been a loss. They beat Buffalo, the Colts, and the Jets by a score. One score. If Buffalo and the Colts can hang we sure as hell can. They rolled Dallas without Romo - I believe Weeden was playing? Not impressed. Their last game against Miami was their most impressive. We gotta punchers chance fo sho.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:49 AM   #56
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If we are going to have a swingers chance, Gruden can't coach the game like he normally does. He's going to have to take some chances, particularly on defense. Barry can't sit back in that stupid ass soft zone. He's going to have to try and knock Brady around and blitz. We're going to give up some plays but you have to put Brady on the ground. That is the only chance we have.

We can't run the ball. Total waste of time. Couldn't even run against TB. Run hurry up or the offense we did in the 2nd half of the TB game. It's what we do best right now. I'd worry more about trying to score over playing keep away. Have to throw more deep balls, maybe we get some PI's.

Just can't go into this type of game and coach like a pussy. Like they did against Atlanta or Miami. Empty the damn play book, their defense can be had.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

tired of the talking heads laughing about this game...I want this win. Skins been playing hard, competitive ball...lets punch these cheaters right in the f*cking face.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #58
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If we are going to have a swingers chance, Gruden can't coach the game like he normally does. He's going to have to take some chances, particularly on defense. Barry can't sit back in that stupid ass soft zone. He's going to have to try and knock Brady around and blitz. We're going to give up some plays but you have to put Brady on the ground. That is the only chance we have.

We can't run the ball. Total waste of time. Couldn't even run against TB. Run hurry up or the offense we did in the 2nd half of the TB game. It's what we do best right now. I'd worry more about trying to score over playing keep away. Have to throw more deep balls, maybe we get some PI's.

Just can't go into this type of game and coach like a pussy. Like they did against Atlanta or Miami. Empty the damn play book, their defense can be had.
Yeah good luck with that.Brady is probably the best qb ever against the blitz,not too mention he doesnt hold the ball long enough.

5. Brady has been getting the ball out of his hands quickly, and has generally made a living on short throws. Of Brady's 289 pass attempts, a total of 226 have been 10 yards or fewer, producing 1,427 yards and 17 touchdowns. The Patriots as a team have 1,188 yards after the catch, third-most in the NFL.

6. According to ESPN's game charting, no quarterback has been getting rid of the ball more quickly than Brady, with an average time of 2.13 seconds between the snap and the pass.

We need Greg Hardy to get any pressure on brady,and since we dont have him were focked
Old 11-06-2015, 10:57 AM   #59
MTK
\m/

We need to put up a lot of points, simple as that. Talking about shutting down Brady is a waste of time.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

we need to run the ball and control the clock...our front 4 need to get pressure.

D Jax being back could be huge
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote