Must win Skins vs Bucs pregame prediction thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #46
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Must win Skins vs Bucs pregame prediction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You are a good poster but you spread gossip like a teen girl. I can't remember one time that your rumors were morefact than fiction. (though my memory is not great)

DS -
Didn't fire Zorn mid season. Didn't fire Spurrier mid season.
Didn't fire Shanahan mid season.

Not gonna fire Gruden mid-season. Though he could make the effective decision in his mind that Gruden is gone if TB blows us out.

Sent from my S6 Edge
I'm mostly to blame for believing the rumors as fact. Guess there's no way for me to know for sure at the time. The getting fired mid-season thing, in my mind, happened once, so i felt it was fair to assume that Snyder, having doing it once, could conceivable do it again if he grew desperate and felt his back was to the wall...

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

No way Gruden gets fired during the year and I dont think he gets fired after the year unless the team just totally quits on him. I think SM gets him a qb than they go from there. Getting harder to believe cousins is the guy.
We absolutely need to beat tampa n get healthy over the bye. Hopefully the rest of the division goes backwards during that time. Would be nice to be rite in the thick of it during the midway point.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #48
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No way Gruden gets fired during the year and I dont think he gets fired after the year unless the team just totally quits on him. I think SM gets him a qb than they go from there. Getting harder to believe cousins is the guy.
We absolutely need to beat tampa n get healthy over the bye. Hopefully the rest of the division goes backwards during that time. Would be nice to be rite in the thick of it during the midway point.
Did anyone really think Cousins was THE guy? I thought he was just a bandaid over a gaping wound.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:01 PM   #49
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Winning cures everything.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #50
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Did anyone really think Cousins was THE guy? I thought he was just a bandaid over a gaping wound.
Well, he's no Pineapple Jesus.....
Old 10-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #51
rocnrik
Playmaker

Cousins could be the guy until we find the guy…if you know what I mean! It should not take a QB like Brady or Rogers to be competitive in the NFC east..With solid play around him A mid level type QB could produce. Case in point Andy Dalton has been under fire for a long time,why all of a sudden does he look great? Joe Flaco has been looked upon as a very good QB and look what has happened to his team this year..same for Russell Wilson..there is only a handful like 3 to 4 QB's in the league that can carry the team on there back,most likely we won't be getting that type of QB any time soon.IF QB play was the end all to a teams success what the heck has happened to the Seahawks,Saints and to a certain extent The Giants,The Ravens..these are Qb's that any Redskin fan would love to have yet there teams are struggling. We need to keep building and most important try and keep our solid players healthy ..If we could heal up i don't see why we could not win 6 more games this year..8-8 would be a major improvement.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:10 PM   #52
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Report: Good news for Reed, Williams on injury front pre-Tampa | CSN Mid-Atlantic

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:21 PM   #53
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

All I know is this is a winnable game. Jameis Winston is prone to rookie mistakes. If Kerrigan, Murphy, and Smith can each get to Winston or rush him into making rookie errors, the better the corners can stay with their WRs. I really don't like saying if.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #54
30gut
Playmaker

The gameplan and playcalling remains predictable. In broad strokes without getting too far into the weeds; Jay's offense lacks disguise. By and large on first down if its a run he's going to use a formation that indicates run. I-Form or Single back usually with base personnel or 2/3 TEs. IF Jay drop back passes on 1st down its usually from a formation that he doesn't use to run. Shotgun 1 back or under center 3 wide or empty (and the pass is usually a screen). You know why defense seem to be all over the WR screen to Crowder on 1st down? Because its one of the only passes we run from that shotgun formation on 1st down.
Imho If they want to be a better run team they need to run the ball from some of the same formations, personnel and down and distance that they pass from.

TLDR: Jay's offense 1st down= run from base formations/base personnel.
IF Jay's offense comes out in a pass set on 1st down its going to be a pass.
Defenses have a good read on what's coming based on formations.

D coordinators aren't stupid. They watch the game film. They observed Jay's 1st down--base formation--base personnel run tendency. So? They fill the box with 8 and their ILBs have the green light to "fire their gun" when they read run.

But, aggressive 8-man boxes shouldn't necessarily doom the run game. Good run games face that every week.
But when you combine 1st down predictability with using inadequate or inconsistent blockers i.e. Carrier/Reed to block the POA it gets harder.
I still don't understand why they don't use more I-form with Daryl Young as the POA blocker rather then TEs?
Anyhow, couple that with rotating RBs.
Add not sticking to the run outside of 1st down.
Add lack of variety/not finding the right mix in the run game i.e. Alf likes tosses and Alf needs carries to get rhythm.
Add telegraphing the 'type' of run based on the runner i.e. Alf inside runs, Matt Jones edge runs, CT shotgun runs/draws.

Forget everything I wrote above, because I believe we CAN be better. So assuming we play up to our potential....

20-16 we beat the Bucs

Last edited by 30gut; 10-23-2015 at 02:43 PM.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #55
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
The gameplan and playcalling remains predictable. In broad strokes without getting too far into the weeds; Jay's offense lacks disguise. By and large on first down if its a run he's going to use a formation that indicates run. I-Form or Single back usually with base personnel or 2/3 TEs. IF Jay drop back passes on 1st down its usually from a formation that he doesn't use to run. Shotgun 1 back or under center 3 wide or empty (and the pass is usually a screen). You know why defense seem to be all over the WR screen to Crowder on 1st down? Because its one of the only passes we run from that shotgun formation on 1st down.
Imho If they want to be a better run team they need to run the ball from some of the same formations, personnel and down and distance that they pass from.

TLDR: Jay's offense 1st down= run from base formations/base personnel.
IF Jay's offense comes out in a pass set on 1st down its going to be a pass.
Defenses have a good read on what's coming based on formations.

D coordinators aren't stupid. They watch the game film. They observed Jay's 1st down--base formation--base personnel run tendency. So? They fill the box with 8 and their ILBs have the green light to "fire their gun" when they read run.

But, aggressive 8-man boxes shouldn't necessarily doom the run game. Good run games face that every week.
But when you combine 1st down predictability with using inadequate or inconsistent blockers i.e. Carrier/Reed to block the POA it gets harder.
I still don't understand why they don't use more I-form with Daryl Young as the POA blocker rather then TEs?
Anyhow, couple that with rotating RBs.
Add not sticking to the run outside of 1st down.
Add lack of variety/not finding the right mix in the run game i.e. Alf likes tosses and Alf needs carries to get rhythm.
Add telegraphing the 'type' of run based on the runner i.e. Alf inside runs, Matt Jones edge runs, CT shotgun runs/draws.

Forget everything I wrote above, because I believe we CAN be better. So assuming we play up to our potential....

20-16 we beat the Bucs
No offense but do you literally have anything else going in your life? I don't even read your wall of text post. You seem so much energy into this with little return.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:34 AM   #56
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
No offense but do you literally have anything else going in your life? I don't even read your wall of text post. You seem so much energy into this with little return.
Don't fret over that post; I l know many, like yourself, aren't used to posts that are actually about football Xs and Os you know? Might be over your head maybe? Who knows...

cheers all the same
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Don't fret over that post; I l know many, like yourself, aren't used to posts that are actually about football Xs and Os you know? Might be over your head maybe? Who knows...

cheers all the same
Keep doing what your doing.

Amazing we are playing another team coming off extended rest, but I think we should and will win. We need to be better at linebacker tackling and stoping the run...and I think we need to get a better push up front opening holes for Alfmo. We are playing a pretty below avg secondary but can we take advantage? Up to Kirk, Jay and the receivers.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #58
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm going to the game for the first time in years. So in the spirit of not blowing it, I say we lose 56-3. Just a bloodbath. Everyone gets canned afterwards. Even McCloughan.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #59
davy
Impact Rookie

Bucs 13-27 Skins
Old 10-24-2015, 12:13 PM   #60
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm going to the game for the first time in years. So in the spirit of not blowing it, I say we lose 56-3. Just a bloodbath. Everyone gets canned afterwards. Even McCloughan.
lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk