Skins v Jets - Positives and Negatives

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #46
30gut
Playmaker

Re: Skins v Jets - Positives and Negatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If, say we are 3 - 7 and Cousins hasn't improved, no one can see RG3 starting last 6 games or so? I think he might, its a weak year for qbs in the draft.
Tricky question. Personally I can't see Griffin playing because J has said flat out that his intent is to start Cousins the whole season. It appears that Griffin isn't going to see the field regardless of how Cousins plays.

Now, I don't think its the right decision. I think Griffin deserves to play IF Kirk plays poorly and the team continues to lose. But then again I also think that J should be fired under those same circumstances (Kirk playing poorly and the team losing).
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2015, 10:30 AM   #47
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying I'd rather see McCoy over Griffin but it's true. Smh..
2012 Griffin, with his speed and in the Shanahan's system, was at a different level than Cousins or McCoy.

Post-2012 Griffin, slowed by injuries, trying to be a pocket passer, might be as good as Cousins, if you figure neither of them are good enough to be a decent starting QB in the NFL.

I think we had to make the move to Cousins. Our receivers were getting sick of LOS passes because Griffin couldn't get the ball downfield enough. So was Gruden.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #48
Evilgrin
The Starter

Too much of a risk to start Rg3, could only see it if there wasn't that huge option for next year. I still think McLovin is waiting for the offseason to trade him.

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Apparently Djax has had yet another setback and is questionable for Sunday against tb. Lmao what a bum, dude spends more time on instagram than on the practice field
Old 10-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #50
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Apparently Djax has had yet another setback and is questionable for Sunday against tb. Lmao what a bum, dude spends more time on instagram than on the practice field
Just stick him on IR already. I've never seen a dude so fragile. Even though Reed's brain is about as shaken as a martini at least he played a handful of whole games this season.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah its sad it's like pay me Dan u are stupid anyway and I'll eat it all up and never play
Old 10-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #52
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
2012 Griffin, with his speed and in the Shanahan's system, was at a different level than Cousins or McCoy.

Post-2012 Griffin, slowed by injuries, trying to be a pocket passer, might be as good as Cousins, if you figure neither of them are good enough to be a decent starting QB in the NFL.

I think we had to make the move to Cousins. Our receivers were getting sick of LOS passes because Griffin couldn't get the ball downfield enough. So was Gruden.
He is much worse, remember when Griffin was in (Last year, this preseason) a lot of people in here were complaining about how bad
the O-line was at pass blocking? Put the other guys in and that line doesn't look so bad, even last Sunday with all the injuries. A QB that holds the ball too long, can't feel the pressure and isn't good at side
stepping makes an O-line look worse than it is.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Just stick him on IR already. I've never seen a dude so fragile. Even though Reed's brain is about as shaken as a martini at least he played a handful of whole games this season.
McC worked alot the defense and Oline this past offseason. Got a really big feeling the offense will get the same work this coming year.

Lets be honest, Cousins and Alfmo are not in the future plans. I believe Garcon, DJax, and Andre Roberts contracts allow them to be "more" cutable this coming football year and we have too much money wrapped up in that position with little to show. Reed isnt reliable and we need better blocking from the TE position.

The list goes like this on priorities:

1. QB
2. TE
3. WR
4. RB
5. Safety
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #54
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Tricky question. Personally I can't see Griffin playing because J has said flat out that his intent is to start Cousins the whole season. It appears that Griffin isn't going to see the field regardless of how Cousins plays.

Now, I don't think its the right decision. I think Griffin deserves to play IF Kirk plays poorly and the team continues to lose. But then again I also think that J should be fired under those same circumstances (Kirk playing poorly and the team losing).
Y'all need to stop talking about Griffin like he'll ever play here again. He's on the squad only until someone is desperate enough to take a flier on him. If that doesn't happen, he gets cut. Even the most wide eyed admirers of RG have to admit he was an unmitigated disaster when he played. I mean there was a tangible difference when he was forced out of a game and either Kirk or Colt came in for him.

And by now we're seeing just how competent Kirk is... Actually he is exactly what we thought he would be, a placeholder until Scot finds a permanent replacement. Certainly all of our staff knows this as well. Patience, yes even more patience is required. This is a better team than a year ago, and hopefully will really be competitive with some depth next year. Whether we have our QB by then is the question.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #55
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Post-2012 Griffin, slowed by injuries, trying to be a pocket passer, might be as good as Cousins, if you figure neither of them are good enough to be a decent starting QB in the NFL...
I really don't want to get into another Griff/Kirk sink hole.

But I see it differently. Obviously 2012 was without exaggeration phenomenal. The 1st year post 2012 was 2013 and in that year Griffin was a better QB and pocket passer then Kirk.

People forget but Kirk was actually terrible in 2013 and whereas Griffin was merely perceived as terrible despite actually being average or just a touch below. I could post the stats but people should remember.

Quote:
I think J made the decision to move on from Griffin as soon as he was hired and it wasn't forced by anything other then his on volition. People say Kirk deserves more time and maybe he does, he's already received more time in J's system then Griffin. And I'll admit that right now the team lacks weapons but the 2012 had about the same or less talent then this team right now.

But if Kirk/J get more time and still don't produce then it would make sense to move to Griffin but everyone knows that J isn't about that life.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #56
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
BTW, what the hell is up with our Dline. No starters injured there, but they've been horrible. Hatcher -- 9 tackles and 1 sack total over 6 games -- that isn't getting it done. Knighton (14 tackles no sacks) and Paea (7 tackles, 1 sack) -- same for you.

The only one who is playing well is Chris Baker (20 tackles, 3.5 sacks). He has only 10 fewer tackles than the other 3 combined, and more sacks! I wonder whether they get Kearse to play some more. It's been a major disappointment. And no help from the LBs yesterday either. Man, it's been awful the last few weeks.
Yeah, so much for "Capital Punishment".
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
McC worked alot the defense and Oline this past offseason. Got a really big feeling the offense will get the same work this coming year.

Lets be honest, Cousins and Alfmo are not in the future plans. I believe Garcon, DJax, and Andre Roberts contracts allow them to be "more" cutable this coming football year and we have too much money wrapped up in that position with little to show. Reed isnt reliable and we need better blocking from the TE position.

The list goes like this on priorities:

1. QB
2. TE
3. WR
4. RB
5. Safety
Matt jones and Thompson are the future backs. Alf won't be back next yr. we still need a pass rusher that is consistent
Old 10-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #58
Coff
Impact Rookie

Good-
Special teams
Penalties (or lack thereof)

Bad-
Everything that has already been mentioned

Worst-
When fans blame poor team performance on injuries. Every team has a ton of injuries; this is the NFL. We just stink.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Matt jones and Thompson are the future backs. Alf won't be back next yr. we still need a pass rusher that is consistent
oh junior gallette is coming back. He's been missed.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #60
Michaelt31
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
Y'all need to stop talking about Griffin like he'll ever play here again. He's on the squad only until someone is desperate enough to take a flier on him. If that doesn't happen, he gets cut. Even the most wide eyed admirers of RG have to admit he was an unmitigated disaster when he played. I mean there was a tangible difference when he was forced out of a game and either Kirk or Colt came in for him.

And by now we're seeing just how competent Kirk is... Actually he is exactly what we thought he would be, a placeholder until Scot finds a permanent replacement. Certainly all of our staff knows this as well. Patience, yes even more patience is required. This is a better team than a year ago, and hopefully will really be competitive with some depth next year. Whether we have our QB by then is the question.
Who thought Kirk was this bad, not Gruden, not the coaches, not the players if you listen to the media, not the media, not most fans on here. All we heard was Kirk gets the ball out faster and he makes the offense runs smoother. I heard no one say Kirk needs time when he got the job. The depth is better than 2012 by a mile. Now everyone wants Jay to adapt to Kirk and make things easier! To be fair run the west coast offense and make Kirk run ur offense. SM on the other hand he gave Jay better players but Jay plays who he wants and this is on him not SM, not Dan, not Bruce! So we just the Kirk the man guys to keep believing his the next John Elway!! Lol
Michaelt31 is offline   Reply With Quote