Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #46
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Cowboys)

The only thing I can attribute JC to is his being able to take a hit.

My negatives on him are;

He throws behind his receivers-maybe its lack of anticipation.
He doesn't read defenses well-can't shift his protection for some reason.
He either over throws or under throws his receivers.
He throws too hard all the time-sometimes you have to finess the ball within 10yrds..
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The only thing I can attribute JC to is his being able to take a hit.

My negatives on him are;

He throws behind his receivers-maybe its lack of anticipation.
He doesn't read defenses well-can't shift his protection for some reason.
He either over throws or under throws his receivers.
He throws too hard all the time-sometimes you have to finess the ball within 10yrds..
So I wasn't the only one who thought a lot of his throws to Moss were behind him then
Old 12-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #48
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So I wasn't the only one who thought a lot of his throws to Moss were behind him then
I'm shocked. unless your being sarcastic. I seem to get railed everytime I say these things, but if your not then yes I noticed it.

When I say he throws the ball too hard within 5-10 yrds I get yelled at.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I'm shocked. unless your being sarcastic. I seem to get railed everytime I say these things, but if your not then yes I noticed it.

No sarcasm. There were completed throws to Moss that I thought were pretty poor.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #50
irish
Playmaker

Quote:

It seem from what I saw that JC almost never hits a receiver in stride with a pass longer than 5 yds. He's best suited in a dink & dunk O.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #51
redsk1
The Starter

JC doesn't seem to do a good job at reading defenses. I don't know whether it's coaching, lack of audibles, i don't know. Several scouts weren't that high on JC coming out of college. They though he was a major stretch in the 1st round. They listed him as a project. A big qb w/ a big arm but not greatly mobile and a delivery that was too long. JG's gambled on him and we all know about JG's talent evaluation (hit and miss).

He is what he is. A decent qb when he's got a good run game, good protection. Who isn't? Not going to win or lose the game for you most often. A tough QB. Doesn't have great "feel" for the game and not really good enough to be a vocal leader IMO. Put it all together you've got a backup.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #52
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

1. Sherm Lewis is calling the plays now just as he has for the past month and a half. And how is that working out...? Reality time: They could channel the ghost of Vince Lombardi to call the plays and it would not matter; this roster does not have enough good players on it to execute the most brilliantly conceived game plan in the history of football.

2. Jim Zorn is going to smile his way to the bank. The Skins tried to humiliate him and get him to act in defiance of their orders - - so they could fire him for cause and not pay him the rest of his contract. Zorn - - or his agent - - saw through that and he adapted his behavior such that when he gets fired he will have collected all of this year's salary plus whatever is due him for the duration.

3. How about that offensive line? Was there a Redskins' Offensive lineman on the field last night who "played well"? How about "played hard"? How about "was worth a bucket of wet goat s*it"? Dockery is a journeyman and nothing more; Jones is an emergency stopgap on a team that aspires to be a good team; Rabach's best days are well in his rear view mirror; no one - - as in not a single other person who played last night - - should be allowed on next year's roster. And those three need to be consigned to backup roles.

4. How many times does it take before Greg Blache figures out that neither Laron Landry nor Rocky McIntosh can cover a legitimate route runner in the NFL? Stop calling defensive alignments that demand those skills from those players.

5. Nice to see Albert Haynesworth on the field for 60% of the plays last night. That was damned nice of him. Now if somehow he could find it in his heart to give full effort on those plays when he deigns to be on the field...

6. I am surprised that Suisham did not - - after his successful field goal - - point to Danny Boy's box and then give the "thumbs down" signal. He would have been fined for a throat slash or for flipping the bird but a thumbs down might have been "acceptable". And it would have been so appropriate. Danny Boy just punched Suisham's ticket to the playoffs with his temper tantrum...

Last edited by sportscurmudgeon; 12-28-2009 at 02:31 PM.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #53
drew54
The Starter

Quote:
I said that. Still stand by it. To clarify I said that if we pick 6th and Okung is gone, I'd rather not reach for a OT there and just address the line later. It's a weak OT class in terms of top-flight quality. I'd rather we take someone like Bradford there and then we can still get Trent Williams or Charles Scott high in the 2nd in my opinion (or even Anthony Davis). Maybe trade into the late 2nd/early 3rd and add one of the Iowa linemen. Not wanting to reach to grab any offensive lineman high in the draft is not at all the same thing as saying let's ignore the line.
You mean Kyle Calloway and Brian Bulaga? I would take either one of those two to be Redskins!

Ideally Okung in the first and Calloway in the later rounds.

Last edited by drew54; 12-28-2009 at 03:15 PM.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #54
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I also agree.

JC can't anticipate when a WR will be open, He has to wait for the WR to be open before throwing then it's too late.

It's annoying to see Collins come off the bench late in the game in near freezing weather and throw two perfect deep balls in his only two plays.

I don't think JC sees the whole field.
Imagine if he was our QB for the Mark Brunell to Moss 2 TD game against Dallas, I doubt JC would attempt to make that play. Forget about the actual throw, he won't even attempt it.

I'm not sure I can make it with him as our QB another year, He has become our Kordell Stewart.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #55
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Bye Weeks If not for a bye week, this miserable season would have ended yesterday
laying the smack down on bye weeks.. ah what a season

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #56
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Division Play We went 0-6 in the division for the first time since 94. Zorn should be canned this morning, preferably right after his press conference (but that is probably just the disgust guiding me). I whole heartedly believed that two solid wins against the NYG and cowpukes would have given Zorn credibility, instead he got nothing from the team, and just added fuel to the laughing stock that the Skins have become in the media. 0-6, unbelievable!
have we ever finished 0-6 in the division before?? i know that this was the first time ever we have been shut out by dallas

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #57
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
have we ever finished 0-6 in the division before?? i know that this was the first time ever we have been shut out by dallas
We went 0-6 in 1994

Dallas shut us out in 2003, 27-0 at Fed-ex Field
Old 12-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #58
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
1994 we did not win a divisional game.

I think we need to bring an end to this ganthers experiment.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #59
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
im laying the smack-down on anyone that says the skins need to draft a quarterback, or best player available. if they don't draft anything but linemen, my head will explode. and if they bring any of the current guys back, except with the intention of using them as back ups, someone needs their head examined
Don't explode ... I hear it hurts ? I agree with the OL , but .... we are probably 3 years away of being good = yr in & yr out .... so if we go BPA with one of our 1st 2 picks , I can live with that . I hope they sign 2 F/A OL as we need a guy or two that we KNOW can start from day one .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #60
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Don't explode ... I hear it hurts ? I agree with the OL , but .... we are probably 3 years away of being good = yr in & yr out .... so if we go BPA with one of our 1st 2 picks , I can live with that . I hope they sign 2 F/A OL as we need a guy or two that we KNOW can start from day one .
What if the best player available for those two picks are TE and WR?
Do we pull a Vinny and draft them?
I say no.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote