What If...We Win?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #46
budw38
Playmaker

Re: What If...We Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Then we'll have nothing to whine err I mean talk about.
Classic ! Err , skins fans whine ,,, say it isn't so
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #47
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
You called yourself brilliant? :confused:
I always tell people how great I'am ,,,, but nobody believes me (:
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #48
44Deezel
The Starter

If they continue to play like shit but eventually turn the corner and finish strong (a la Marty), I think Snyder might be inclined to give Zorn another season and even sign Campbell to a long term deal. Maybe the light bulb will go off in Zorn's head sometime. He's still pretty much a rookie play caller after all.

But in all likelihood, we will have a new coach, QB and hopefully GM next year.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #49
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
it's more than Zorn first of all ...

blache has ALOT to do with the games we've already lost. point blank.

i've been saying all along if things change u know, maybe we dont have to fire the staff...

simple enough, if the subtle things change, we WILL start winning...

if they dont .... happy trails... evreybody but Bugel should go.
The Rams scored 7, the Lions scored 19 and the Giants scored 23 (with a fumble 6 by their D). We only let 1 team score 30 last year, and it was the last game of the year. Yes, the D looked bad against the Lions, but they NEVER get to play with a lead and always have to pick up the slack for our putrid Offense who hasn't scored 30 points in 19 games now.

Brees threw 6 TDs against the Lions in game 1. It will take Campbell 6 games to match that. The O is still the biggest liability on this team.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #50
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I know we've all pretty much written off the season and are ready to start talking about whether we'll be introducing Cowher or Shanahan in 2010...but what if things start to click?

What if suddenly we start winning games?

What then? Do we give Zorn another year?

I guess basically my question is what keeps Zorn here in 2010

If we suddenly start winning games this will be a more peaceful place on Sunday nights, and throughout the coming week.

Depending on the success we have going foreward will determine whether Zorn get's more time. If the team snaps out of it's funk and begins to win games then Zorn should be safe in 2010 and beyond.

The man needs more time with all the parts neccessary to produce a winning team . Some say he does not need the tools neccessary to win, in other words, he should be able to make bricks out of straw.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #51
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
The Rams scored 7, the Lions scored 19 and the Giants scored 23 (with a fumble 6 by their D). We only let 1 team score 30 last year, and it was the last game of the year. Yes, the D looked bad against the Lions, but they NEVER get to play with a lead and always have to pick up the slack for our putrid Offense who hasn't scored 30 points in 19 games now.

Brees threw 6 TDs against the Lions in game 1. It will take Campbell 6 games to match that. The O is still the biggest liability on this team.
You make good points as far as PPG and the defense, but that doesn't excuse their inability to get off the field on 3rd downs, and our sack/INT total is pacing to look just as terrible as last year's unit. I think that's got to fall at Blache's feet.

IMO he should have been fired as soon as he said sacks are "overrated." Convenient spin by a coordinator who can't buy a sack. The best defenses in the league are the ones that relentlessly pressure the QB, Greg.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #52
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
I know we've all pretty much written off the season and are ready to start talking about whether we'll be introducing Cowher or Shanahan in 2010...but what if things start to click?

What if suddenly we start winning games?

What then? Do we give Zorn another year?

I guess basically my question is what keeps Zorn here in 2010
If that happens I think we keep Zorn. If this offense takes off and starts becoming what we're hoping it could be, we have to keep him. We have'nt had an explosive, or really good, offense in a very long time. I think that is what was really instrumental in bringing him here and I think Danny would really love to see more of a WR friendly offense than what we've had in the past. I wouldn't fire any coach who was responsible for "curing" the offensive woes we've had for so long. If the "D" doesn't improve, I think Blache will, and should be, held accountable for that and will be replaced. The sooner the better if you ask me. If the offense can stop making stupid mistakes and score points, and the defense can do what we expected by the moves we've made, sacks-turnovers, get off the field on 3rd down, we're a very competitive team. Keep improving and finish strong and all is forgiven.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #53
firstdown
Living Legend

Well we started off last year winning games so I don't see why we could not go on another one. In sports its funny how one play, game, or series of the two and things go from bad to good. I for one will not write off a season after 3 games and 13 more to play.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #54
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I have no problem with retaining Zorn if he makes the playoffs. All the Skins have to do is win the games they are supposed to and go .500 inthe remaining games.

@NYG L
STL W
@DET L
TB W
@CAR W
KC W
PHI W
@ATL L
@DEN W
@DAL L
@PHI L
NO L
@OAK W
NYG W
DAL W
@SD W

10-6 Wildcard
Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #55
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well we started off last year winning games so I don't see why we could not go on another one. In sports its funny how one play, game, or series of the two and things go from bad to good. I for one will not write off a season after 3 games and 13 more to play.
I agree. A few adjustments, less mistakes, who knows?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #56
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You make good points as far as PPG and the defense, but that doesn't excuse their inability to get off the field on 3rd downs, and our sack/INT total is pacing to look just as terrible as last year's unit. I think that's got to fall at Blache's feet.

IMO he should have been fired as soon as he said sacks are "overrated." Convenient spin by a coordinator who can't buy a sack. The best defenses in the league are the ones that relentlessly pressure the QB, Greg.
Exactly. We are last in the NFL in 3rd down defense. LAST
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #57
over the mountain
Playmaker

If it was my decision I would keep zorn if the offense shows signs of improvement. so far this year i think our passing game has improved from last year with JC getting to throw the ball more and the passing routes seem to be longer (JC's increased yds/att).

imo our passing game has taken a big step forward, our O line has done a good job in pass protect. unfortunately for whatever reason it seems that our running game has taken steps back.

so i guess for me, if our passing game continues to improve and our run game can be brought back up to its normal production i think our offense will not be a problem. if this happens, id like to keep zorn and maybe add a more experienced play caller/offensive coord. (cam cameron would have been fantastic, maybe norv if the chargers dont do well). and of course retire greg blache.

go skins!!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #58
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
I think he needs to win at least one playoff game
Agreed!

6 win talent + 2 win coaching = 4-12 season.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #59
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
If it was my decision I would keep zorn if the offense shows signs of improvement. so far this year i think our passing game has improved from last year with JC getting to throw the ball more and the passing routes seem to be longer (JC's increased yds/att).

imo our passing game has taken a big step forward, our O line has done a good job in pass protect. unfortunately for whatever reason it seems that our running game has taken steps back.

so i guess for me, if our passing game continues to improve and our run game can be brought back up to its normal production i think our offense will not be a problem. if this happens, id like to keep zorn and maybe add a more experienced play caller (cam cameron would have been fantastic, maybe norv if the chargers dont do well). and of course retire greg blache.

go skins!!
The running game though has suffered the most and I think with the type of players we have and the way we were successful last year it's imperative that we get the running game going. Unfortunately I don't think we have the OL personnel to do it. The left side ironically is fine, whats not fine is running it there most of the time with what appears to be a worn down running back on his last legs.

Our main problems though as it relates to the O-line are that from center onto the right side. As of now we have an undersized center past his prime, a mauler at right guard, and a pass blocking RT that can't run block well. What we need is a bigger center, a pulling guard, and a mauler at RT that can hold his own in pass protection.

Part of me believes that Mike Williams is closer to what we need at RT then Heyer but between his fitness level and his struggles in pass protection I don't know if we can afford to put him in yet and even then he's only a stopgap. I guess we can wait till the end of the year and see how Rinehart turns out but either way we are going to need a new RT and a bigger Center. If anything those should be two of our first three picks in next years draft.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #60
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
I have no problem with retaining Zorn if he makes the playoffs. All the Skins have to do is win the games they are supposed to and go .500 inthe remaining games.

@NYG L
STL W
@DET L
TB W
@CAR W
KC W
PHI W
@ATL L
@DEN W
@DAL L
@PHI L
NO L
@OAK W
NYG W
DAL W
@SD W

10-6 Wildcard
Smoking the good stuff again!

6 win talent + 2 win coaching = 4-12 season.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote