Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #46
Spence
Special Teams

Re: Lighten Up On Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
This is exactly what's happening. What crimes has Snyder committed? Again without replaying the Norv/Marty/Spurrier tune.
If you really think that being accused of incompetence after a decade of .455 football is akin to being burned at the stake, then I think we've exhausted the possibilities of this conversation.

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #47
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
I've already taken your sound advice. I've sold my tickets this season. I'm not stupid enough to pay for what has accurately been described as one of the worst game day experiences in American sports. I did that for 10 years. That was enough, thank you.

And no, there are not 100K people waiting for tickets. In fact, there might not be anyone waiting for tickets. Just another Snyder lie. Read it.
I got on the waiting list 3 or 4 years ago and at that time I was like #110,000 in line. Things may have changed since then.
BTW, do you consider yourself a Skins fan?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Snyder has been receiving a lot of negative backlash after this loss to the Lions. Everyone should lighten up because Snyder isn't such a bad guy. Though it's hard to find some things that ingratiate him right now check out this article from last year.

The cellphone trick he pulls is just hiliarious!...too funny...Snyder's not so bad.

It's a rich rivalry for Dallas Cowboys, Redskins owners: Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder are friendly rivals
Well, kudos to you for trying to post some light hearted material. As you can see it's been killed by the debbie downers. Waahhhh - waahhhhh
Old 09-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #49
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
No. People in Salem were accused of crimes they did not commit and killed for them. That's actually nothing like what is happening with Snyder.
Also the people in Salem were falsely tried for being Supernatural Demons...there's nothing false in that same accuastion for Snyder.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #50
Spence
Special Teams

Well, I can see I'm not going to change any minds today. Thanks for the back-and-forth, Skins fans. I'm sure we'll continue this conversation [and begin others] later. Have a good one.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #51
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
This is exactly what's happening. What crimes has Snyder committed? Again without replaying the Norv/Marty/Spurrier tune.

- Hired Gibbs and gave him total control of the franchise? I'm sure you were against that.
- Hired Zorn, kept Blache and most of coaching staff intact? When the Skins were 6-2 last year I'm sure you had no problem with that.
- Player acquisitions and draft I'd say not terrible, not great. But this falls on Cerrato. He's only had complete control and accountability for less than two years.

Snyder isn't the fault of the recent troubles. He's an easy target for guys with blogs to write stuff trashing Snyder and get web-hits from it. It's good business, right?

I'm all for a GM, if it's Holmgren right now, it makes sense. But for God sakes can we get further down the path of this season before we're tying people to the stake or throwing them in a lake.
Actually in that area it would be easier to throw him in a river then a lake.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #52
GusFrerotte

Snyder deserves some heat. He runs the show and the show hasn't been too fun to watch for the most part. Even Gibbs 2.0 wasn't such a great show. Right now I feel that it doesn't matter who the HC is. The Skins will be mediocre until a proper FO is put in place with a concrete plan on turning the team into a winner again. Snyder needs to get a young coach that can be here a long time, put in a system, and draft the players that fit the system. Never really had that here post Norv, with the exception of Gibbs with JC as starting QB.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I've already taken your sound advice. I've sold my tickets this season. I'm not stupid enough to pay for what has accurately been described as one of the worst game day experiences in American sports. I did that for 10 years. That was enough, thank you.

And no, there are not 100K people waiting for tickets. In fact, there might not be anyone waiting for tickets. Just another Snyder lie. Read it.
You can call that a Redskins lie if you want, but it is not a Snyder lie.

What's amazing is how Snyder can make a mistake, say he made the mistake and it's like no one listens

Admitted to making a mistake in firing Turner in season (again, that was mainly Drasner's doing), admitted to charging fans admission, admitted to making a mistake in not keeping Casserly.

Snyder's biggest weakness, which I believe he has gotten much better at in recent years but I wish he would still be better, is that he has to separate Snyder the Redskins fan from Snyder the Redskins owner. In fact, he really can't be a fan of the team anymore. Not the way we all are. We can be dimwits, he can't be. Snyder a few years ago would have been like your everyday, irrational fan and fired Zorn the minute the final whistle blew on Sunday without a thought to who would be head coach, offensive coordinator, and QB coach. Now...he doesn't make such decisions.

This is why I always say I'm spending my billions on buying the Eagles. I don't care if they're awful forever
Old 09-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #54
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Nonsense. I judge a person based on all their actions. Your view, apparently, is that someone can do anything they like as long as they say it is "just business." You're welcome to that view. I don't share it.
You misrepresent my view. I judge people based on their actions too. If someone is aggressive in business as long as they aren't dishonest or breaking laws, then no that doesn't make someone a "terrible" person. Since we're judging apparent views, it appears your view is that anyone who is aggressive and successful in business is a "terrible" person.

Quote:
So, let's make sure we both understand what you just wrote. If I don't like the performance of the team Snyder owns, the only thing I should do is stop watching them. I should not complain, I should not form opinions and I most certainly should not give voice to those opinions. I should either support Snyder whole-heartedly or go away, forget the team and never speak of it again. I'm not saying you work for Dan Snyder, but you should. Anyone that slavishly obedient should be getting a paycheck.
Let's make sure we don't make wild conjecture about what I wrote. No one said you can't complain, have opinions, or voice them. That's ridiculous to even make that statement based on what I posted and the fact that we both visit this site frequently, which is all about voicing opinions (and lately a whole lot of complaining). You're making a huge deal about the prices, if it's that much of an issue for you, again don't go. I don't work for DS, but would have no problem doing that because our interests align, all we both want is more Lombardi trophies in Redskins Park. Because I view Snyder's ownership objectively and through the lense of this guy bieng a life-long fan and trying desperately to put a winner on the field doesn't make me slavishly obedient, it makes me a realist. What it also doesn't make me is Sally Jenkins Jr.

Quote:
The money Snyder spends is of little concern to me. What he gets for that money is what matters and what he's gotten so far is a .455 winning percentage. To you, that's worthy of unthinking loyalty and obedience. To me, it is not. Again, diff'rent strokes and all.
Don't tell me what I believe is worthy or not. But again you look at the winning percentage and not the details of what steps this guy has taken to put a winner on the field. It's easy when you're not the one who actually has to make the decision or cash the multi-million dollar checks.

Quote:
You just don't get it. It's not about how much money is spent, it's about how that money is spent. Snyder can't buy a Super Bowl. If a decade of mediocrity doesn't make an impression on you, I guess nothing will. Again, I'll take a financially cautious ownership like the Rooneys any day of the week and twice on Sundays. [Especially on Sundays!]
No, you don't get it. I didn't mention anything about "how" money was being spent, just the fact that if we are # 1 or #2 in revenue, that's a good thing and a big part of that is because of Snyder. Bottom line the NFL is a business. Salaries, stadium expenses, etc. need to get paid. If we don't have the firepower of being the first or second highest revenue team when/if the salary cap goes away we are in a worse position than where we are with Snyder continuing to find ways to increase the Redskins revenue stream.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I would love to see most of you anti-snyder people put in his shoes. if so, chances are in more than half the cases, we fans would go through several years of chasing last year's hot names (look at the fire zorn now thread, or JC sucks threads). and then we would probably go through a couple of years of bring back the glory days, look at people calling for Grimm(he may be the right answer, but a part of the hell yeah sentiment is rooted in his traditions with the Skins), and then if we are honest with ourselves we might try to bring in a FO guy we trust and give him more freedom, even with our input.
I say this, and I believe it, that Snyder is still growing learning, and desperately wants a SB Trophy. It may take a while but I believe he will eventually bring one to DC
Old 09-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #56
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Also the people in Salem were falsely tried for being Supernatural Demons...there's nothing false in that same accuastion for Snyder.

Good one
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #57
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Actually in that area it would be easier to drown him in a river then a lake.
Neither will do...

He doesn't die that way....he has yet to drown in all the money Redskins fans have been throwing at him.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #58
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I got on the waiting list 3 or 4 years ago and at that time I was like #110,000 in line. Things may have changed since then.
BTW, do you consider yourself a Skins fan?
I have never been on a season ticket list and got called by the Redskisn and offered season tickets, twice. Yes he is a Redskins fan, are you? I bet he spent way more cash on this franchise than you have.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #59
GusFrerotte

Snyder isn't a bad owner, but he is too much like Jones. Thing is Jones owns "America's team" so he doesn't get as much heat as Snyder. Those 3 Lombardis don't hurt either!!! Snyder needs to find a young guy like Shwartz. An accomplished assistant with a plan, a system, along with letting him and his scouts acquire the talent to fit the system. Our roster is filled with accomplished skilled players that were drafted for Gibbs 2.0. Zorn probably will never see the day when his roster has guys compatible with the WCO!!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #60
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Well, kudos to you for trying to post some light hearted material. As you can see it's been killed by the debbie downers. Waahhhh - waahhhhh
Debbie Downers? Good one. I thought you said Snyder was the problem this morning. I guess this afternoon, that changed?

Closed Thread