Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Lavar's twitter

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #46
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Lavar's twitter

What if it's not Snyder anymore as much as it is Vinny and Zorn? What if Snyder is just the guy who gives a little input like, "hey I'm down for the AH signing, just tell me how much to put on the check" and it's Vinny saying, "I've analyzed the roster and I think we need a massive dt to free up space for our lb's and d-line." Then what? I think Zorn is probably as good as gone after the season but what if it's Vinny making all the bad personnel decisions, aka giving Hall 56 mil and making an impulse trade for Jason Taylor? Granted I don't think it's gotten to the point where Hall is completely not worth it yet but he's certainly headed down the wrong path.

I would be fine with Snyder running the franchise if it turned out the problem was just Vinny making bad personnel decisions and Zorn's bad coaching. That's just me though.

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #47
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I might agree with Taylor. But I wouldn't say so with Hall and especially not Haynesworth.

But anyway, when I said "impetuous nature of Fred Drasner" I was referring specifically to Norv's in-season firing which I can tell you had Drasner's imprint all over it. I mean it was 100%, in my opinion, the right decision to fire Turner. Just not at that moment.

I think as fans we have to simply accept that Snyder will always have a level of involvement. Not buying his merchandise really isn't going to change that. And he will probably always seek, to an extent, the advice of Vinny Cerrato. Cerrato is like a member of the family.
Even after Dan wakes up and finally fires Vinny...?

Really do you think Vinny will really be around much longer? I know they are attached at the hip and all, but all good and not so good things eventually come to an end.

I see a divorce coming with Vinny and the Danny/Redskins, after or maybe before the hiring of the next HC. I don't believe any of the 5 or 6 SB winning coachs available, that Dan will go after will work with Vinny. It is fairly well publicized in most league circles or for that matter just in general, Vinny is a joke.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Last edited by skinsfan_nn; 09-29-2009 at 08:28 PM.
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #48
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
You found tryfuhl!
hahahahaha

I had many similar looks during the game.. shock, disbelief, anger, etc

I happened to be surrounded by skins fans though... what a game to get row 4 seats behind the bench too
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #49
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
You know there are plenty of ex-Skins out there that don't have anything negative to say about Snyder. In fact they probably outnumber those that are always railing on him.
your average everyday player didn't see much out of him other than a check and occasional fist bump, but I see what you're saying
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #50
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
It's been 10 years. The time for learning has passed. We should be getting better results. But I do agree that LA isn't exactly the guy to be selling the message. What with being all bitter and totally biased. Maybe B Mitch would be better. Oh wait..
I don't know many people who don't have a former employer they'd be ready to bash in a heartbeat.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #51
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

LaVar is starting the burgundy revolution, huh? The only way fans coming to FedEx Field will matter is if they come unified, demanding that Snyder sell the team. Could you imagine the press on that?
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #52
beau_str
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I stopped reading after LaVar referred to himself as a "great of the past."
then you missed a great read.
beau_str is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #53
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Even after Dan wakes up and finally fires Vinny...?

Really do you think Vinny will really be around much longer? I know they are attached at the hip and all, but all good and not so good things eventually come to an end.

I see a divorce coming with Vinny and the Danny/Redskins, after or maybe before the hiring of the next HC. I don't believe any of the 5 or 6 SB winning coachs available, that Dan will go after will work with Vinny. It is fairly well publicized in most league circles or for that matter just in general, Vinny is a joke.
Well, we'll find out this offseason how attached Vinny and Dan are. I think it's almost unanimously agreed upon that Vinny should be fired at the end of this season. If he isn't, well what will that say of Snyder? Time will tell.

Last edited by Coff; 09-30-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #54
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
LaVar is starting the burgundy revolution, huh? The only way fans coming to FedEx Field will matter is if they come unified, demanding that Snyder sell the team. Could you imagine the press on that?
Snyder doesn't have to sell the team. Just make himself a silent partner in the operations of the front office/personnel side.

I actually don't mind Snyder being the owner of the team...it's the lack of knowledgable front office football guys that bothers me so much.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #55
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_str View Post
then you missed a great read.
Not really, Lavar is still crying about sour grapes from WAAAAAY back! And he is far from being a Redskins great, not a chance in hell that he makes the ring of honor!

6 win talent + 2 win coaching = 4-12 season.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote