Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who do you expect to see starting at right guard on Sunday?
Rinehart 95 76.61%
Montgomery 17 13.71%
Armstrong 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #46
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

For us to get better we need to run to the right. Next week we should run right ever running play till we get it right.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #47
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
His cap hit is around $5M next year, he's probably as good as gone.
no cap next season, remember?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #48
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
For us to get better we need to run to the right. Next week we should run right ever running play till we get it right.
3 and out may prevent that?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #49
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

What worries the hell out of me is why Chad Rhinehart is a healthy scratch two years after being a third round pick.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #50
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
What worries the hell out of me is why Chad Rhinehart is a healthy scratch two years after being a third round pick.
Because it has to be someone, and offensive lineman who aren't in the gameplan are the no-brainers of the inactives. Since you don't rotate at the position, there's going to be 2 OL inactives every week.

If I'm not mistaken, Thomas to IR would free up his base salary to be used on signing a guy like Jonas Jennings or Jon Runyan.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #51
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
I hope it's because he only does one spot on the line, and when Montgomery and Williams cover all the spots then you just waste an active spot that Zorn wants to use for a WR or RB. I hope he will be the starting RG next week and will step up as is expected of him.

That's what I hope
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #52
SBXVII
Franchise Player

We have Chad Reinhart, Mike Williams, and Edwin Williams. Edwin is listed as a Center but I thought I read he also played Guard. I guess the next few day will tell if they trust Reinhart or not. If they don't they will go out and pick up another Guard.

I would think they would use MW only cause I think he did well at Guard unless Chad realy is better then some of us expect and steps in and shines, which I and most of you would have to hope for only cause anyone we bring in is going to have a learning curve.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #53
Longtimefan
Playmaker

This latest injury to Thomas is indicitive of just why we were all camoring for the FO to draft young linemen capable of being developed. Hopefully we'll soon come to the realization that while O-linemen may not be as marketable as the skilled players, they are the cornerstones of any football team. It's not likely Thomas will play again for the Redskins if indeed he is lost for the season.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #54
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
This latest injury to Thomas is indicitive of just why we were all camoring for the FO to draft young linemen capable of being developed. Hopefully we'll soon come to the realization that while O-linemen may not be as marketable as the skilled players, they are the cornerstones of any football team. It's not likely Thomas will play again for the Redskins if indeed he is lost for the season.
Well, that's what Rinehart is, so I mean, we will see. If he gets it done, the FO was prepared, if he doesn't they weren't prepared enough.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #55
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Can you say Alex Mack? He would have been an excellent addition.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #56
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, that's what Rinehart is, so I mean, we will see. If he gets it done, the FO was prepared, if he doesn't they weren't prepared enough.

Rinehart was a rave the day he was drafted, seemingly after he arived at Redskin Park opinions seemed to change. We shall see. Plus, he's just one player, with age, coupled with other problems along the line, we need to draft more than just one lineman in next years draft.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #57
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Every time I here this crap about how if we sustain an injury, we wont be prepared I get pissed off. Name one team in the NFL that can afford to lose there LT. We will be fine. Rinehart will be the starter. Montgomery was active because he plays center and guard in a pinch, like this game. They are as prepared as they could be, they kept 10 Olinemen. What more do you want. Rinehart is young, has a year under his belt and is ready to show us why he was drafted third. If he sucks they will cut him and sign someone else for god sakes. No team, has a team full of second string starters. Last year we had injuries to our RT,RG,LT, what did you expect.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #58
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Every time I here this crap about how if we sustain an injury, we wont be prepared I get pissed off. Name one team in the NFL that can afford to lose there LT. We will be fine. Rinehart will be the starter. Montgomery was active because he plays center and guard in a pinch, like this game. They are as prepared as they could be, they kept 10 Olinemen. What more do you want. Rinehart is young, has a year under his belt and is ready to show us why he was drafted third. If he sucks they will cut him and sign someone else for god sakes. No team, has a team full of second string starters. Last year we had injuries to our RT,RG,LT, what did you expect.

This team needs to improve on the O-line, plain & simple.......No excuses.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #59
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
This team needs to improve on the O-line, plain & simple.......No excuses.
So far they have given up 3 sacks, not bad.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #60
The Goat
Pro Bowl

From Buges assessment I'd say Chad is the likely replacement...he was inactive today cuz the Montgomery kid can play center/guard. Chad should be alright overall but there are too things to keep in mind: 1) he sporadically misses big assignments and lets a dlineman or blitzing LB through clean so the risk of a big injury on JC just went up a bit and 2) last year when he struggled in practice he just went into a tailspin of sorts (i remember it from a few articles). Let's hope he's got the mental game down better. We really, really need a brawler on that side...so bad. Rinehart was a freak in college...he mauled more defenders to the ground than any other LT his senior year (i remember reading this). To me that indicates a mean streak...with any luck he digs down and finds that nasty bastard inside himself and we see the oline gain some swagger