Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #46
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: When will Synder wake up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I think the idea is that it should be an easy game. If we cant make it easy than it probably means our problems are deeper than we think.
True dat!

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #47
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

The last bit I think of Dan and Vinny.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #48
irish
Playmaker

This team will never be a consistent contender as long as DS is in charge.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #49
Smooter
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
This team will never be a consistent contender as long as DS is in charge.
At least he convinces us each year with his big spending that we will have a better team. I suppose that's better than the alternative. We could be Lions or Raiders fans and have little to look forward to each season.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #50
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooter View Post
Oh no the sky is falling!!!
It sure seems like it is, not so much because of yesterday's game, but because of everyone's reaction to it! And as was pointed out, Snyder can't be blamed for yesterday's loss.

On the other hand, another subpar season is unacceptable. A decade into the Snyder regime and I think we can all admit we expect much more from this team. That being said, indications are that Snyder is "waking up," in that (if the rumors are true) Vinny C.'s job is on the line this year.

I'm trying my hardest to avoid making an incendiary comments here and finding common ground upon which we all stand, and with that in mind let me say this: I believe we can all admit that a mediocre GM is not acceptable in Washington, and that thus far Vinny has been just that. While his tenure has been interrupted, first by Marty and then by a power-share with Gibbs, he has had enough time and influence to have left his mark on the team and the mark has been less than successful. Year in and year out, the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys are competing for a division title while the Redskins, at best, compete for the wild card.

I have personally been a critic of Snyder and Vinny for a long time, but I do my best to be objective about what might be the most polarizing topic on The Warpath. We need to assign blame appropriately, and getting angry at Snyder for one loss is not appropriate. At the same time, as the owner of the team, the buck stops with Snyder. If the team is consistently unsuccessful, then blame should be assinged to Danny. The question is whether or not you consider the last ten years of Redskins football successful. It could be worse, a lot worse. But we're not the Detroit Lions; we're not the Cincinnati Bengals; we're not the New York Jets. We're an illustrious team with an illustrious history and an illustrious fan base, and therefore mediocrity does not equal success.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #51
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
When will the owner of this team wake up and do what its gonna take to make this a winning football team?
Snyder did not buy the Redskins to win Super Bowls. He bought the Redskins to run the personnel department and win Super Bowls. Making personnel moves is the most important part of the job to Snyder, more important than winning. People who say that Snyder will do whatever it takes to win are quite obviously incorrect. Snyder will not do the most important thing it takes to win: Put professionals in charge of everything. Spending a ton of money doesn't matter if you're not spending it wisely and Snyder simply does not -- and never will -- know enough about professional football to spend money as wisely as teams that are run by people who have spent their entire adult lives learning this stuff.

If winning was the most important thing to Dan Snyder, he'd do the one thing that would help more to win than any other: Fire the personnel department [starting with himself], hire actual NFL professionals, and go upstairs to be an owner like Jack Kent Cooke.

The Redskins will never be a winning franchise as long as Dan Snyder is closely involved in the personnel decisions. Oh, sure, they can get lucky some years, get a few breaks, win some games in a weak conference and find themselves in a playoff game or two. But they will never win a Super Bowl and they will never be a consistent winner [like the Steelers, for example] as long as Snyder is the actual GM of the team.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #52
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooter View Post
At least he convinces us each year with his big spending that we will have a better team. I suppose that's better than the alternative. We could be Lions or Raiders fans and have little to look forward to each season.
I'm sure that he also convinces season ticket holders to come out and look at the new ball team based on all the drastic offseason movement.

Money in the bank.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Snyder did not buy the Redskins to win Super Bowls. He bought the Redskins to run the personnel department and win Super Bowls. Making personnel moves is the most important part of the job to Snyder, more important than winning. People who say that Snyder will do whatever it takes to win are quite obviously incorrect. Snyder will not do the most important thing it takes to win: Put professionals in charge of everything. Spending a ton of money doesn't matter if you're not spending it wisely and Snyder simply does not -- and never will -- know enough about professional football to spend money as wisely as teams that are run by people who have spent their entire adult lives learning this stuff.

If winning was the most important thing to Dan Snyder, he'd do the one thing that would help more to win than any other: Fire the personnel department [starting with himself], hire actual NFL professionals, and go upstairs to be an owner like Jack Kent Cooke.

The Redskins will never be a winning franchise as long as Dan Snyder is closely involved in the personnel decisions. Oh, sure, they can get lucky some years, get a few breaks, win some games in a weak conference and find themselves in a playoff game or two. But they will never win a Super Bowl and they will never be a consistent winner [like the Steelers, for example] as long as Snyder is the actual GM of the team.
This all just based on your assumptions that Snyder makes all personnel decisions without any regard to having football guys on his staff, your unsubstantiated assumptions.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #54
over the mountain
Playmaker

just b/c snyder likes to have dinners with players and their agents doesnt mean he has any say-so on the personnel decisions. come on guys and gals. dan snyder is not the same guy he was 10 years ago. he has matured and doesnt thrust himself into the spotlight anymore. when was the last time he had tom cruise in his suite for a nationally televised game?

DS is not the problem, the problem with this organization is so obvious i dont even need to spell it out for you.

go skins!!

(sarcasm, just really ranting . .. sorry)
Old 09-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #55
BrunellMVP?
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
Thats laughable, Snyder has admitted his past mistakes, but he will do anything and everything to make this team a winner. Its ignorant to blame him for the loss!
i don't blame synder for anything other than his devotion to Vinny Cerrato.
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
Old 09-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #56
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I don't know about all this. Is it really so easy to build a SB champ? Sports is an odd thing--if you win, everything you do looks smart; if you lose, everything you do looks dumb.

I'm not saying Danny isn't at fault, it's just that I don't think there's one set way to do these things, and it's a complex thing. But who among who thought Danny made the wrong move by bringing back Gibbs? That seemed like a no-brainer, but did it bring another Lombardi? I'd say there's only a few NFL teams who aren't on the border of collapse every year: NE, IND, Philly, Pitt, Balt., a few others. The rest make moves each year that look crazy--sometimes they payoff, sometimes not. It's hard to build a team. It's hard to scout talent. It's hard to maintain quality year to year. Danny puts his money in and tries to win, I think. He may be too involved, but it's not that he doesn't want a winner.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #57
70Chip
Playmaker

He needs to bring in a real football guy as GM. But no real football guy wants to work for Snyder. Vinny stays around because he doesn't have the stature or I suspect, the desire to face down Snyder. Why ruin a good thing? So, Snyder gets to indulge his childish and often irrational whims.

Vinny has, like so many of the FAs he's signed, parlayed tangential proximity to success in other places into a cushy, apparently lifetime gig here in Washington making us all miserable. He's the Adam Archuletta of GMs.

Sooner or later, though, Snyder will run out of marketing splash and be forced into sending him down the road. That year's big move that will put us over the top.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
The last bit I think of Dan and Vinny.
That would explain how Vinny keeps his job. LOL
Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #59
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Pocket$ $traight:

You needed to use the "sarcasm font". For a moment, I actually thought you meant that the Giants' linemen would wondey what miracle intervened such that they won on Sunday.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #60
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Funny we close the only positive thread about Snyder and keep open all the " So and so needs to be held accountable" threads. Go figure. Since we supposedly already have enough negative threads about Snyder I decided to bring forth one closer to the top.
Closed Thread