Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jason Campbell Says He Blacked Out After Hit on Final Drive

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #46
QueensRedskinsFan
Camp Scrub

Re: Jason Campbell Says He Blacked Out After Hit on Final Drive

No, but Sam Bradford will not air passes over the heads of our wide receivers....Jason Campbell is too stupid to be a starting QB in the NFL....the guy's a moron....

LETS GO METS!!!!

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #47
53Fan
Franchise Player

I'm not completely sold on JC either, but I find it funny that we have the worse group of starters on the o-line in the NFL and we talk more about the QB than the o-line. We have a guy starting at LT who didn't even sign with a team until halfway through the season. We have an UDFA rookie center starting at RG and an UDFA starting at RT. Rabach, while maybe doing better this year than last, will never, and has never been, one of the best in the league. We got him from Baltimore because they had someone better. Our backup RG, Mike Williams was retired for 4 years and came into camp at around 450 pounds. I'm not saying some of these guys don't deserve to be here, but this is really kind of comical if you think about it. These guys are who our QB is playing behind. I mean really, are we expecting a little more than we have a right to? Granted we had our regular guys at the beginning of the year, but the truth is, they're not very good either.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #48
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Reading this thread sort of hints at who's watching the games and who's not. JC is tough as nails. The kid has taken a terrific pounding now two years in a row and all the while managed to improve basically all his stats. He just keeps standing in there win or lose and that shows more grit and heart than a lot of QBs in the league.

...on the other side of the ledger he is still mistake prone, from poor throws to some bad decisions. I've kinda decided Jason isn't a game-changer in the big scheme of things. He's not gonna win a game the team would otherwise lose and vice-versa (just my opinion here...I know some think he can win games we'd otherwise lose while others think he's losing winnable games for us). But anyway I'd follow that statement up w/ the question how many QBs can you name win games the team would otherwise lose? I can't count many.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #49
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I'm not completely sold on JC either, but I find it funny that we have the worse group of starters on the o-line in the NFL and we talk more about the QB than the o-line. We have a guy starting at LT who didn't even sign with a team until halfway through the season. We have an UDFA rookie center starting at RG and an UDFA starting at RT. Rabach, while maybe doing better this year than last, will never, and has never been, one of the best in the league. We got him from Baltimore because they had someone better. Our backup RG, Mike Williams was retired for 4 years and came into camp at around 450 pounds. I'm not saying some of these guys don't deserve to be here, but this is really kind of comical if you think about it. These guys are who our QB is playing behind. I mean really, are we expecting a little more than we have a right to? Granted we had our regular guys at the beginning of the year, but the truth is, they're not very good either.
Totally agree. People are really kidding themselves if they think a new QB is going to magically fix all of our problems.

The OL is the mess that needs to be fixed. It won't matter who is under center as long as we keep ignoring the glaring needs up front.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #50
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Someone in management has the philosophy that you can plug any ole guy into an o-line. Whoever that is needs to be fired, today!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #51
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensRedskinsFan View Post
No, but Sam Bradford will not air passes over the heads of our wide receivers....Jason Campbell is too stupid to be a starting QB in the NFL....the guy's a moron....

LETS GO METS!!!!
Once he starts getting his ass kicked all game long he will. I like Bradford, but most experts question how he will do without a great line.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #52
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Once he starts getting his ass kicked all game long he will. I like Bradford, but most experts question how he will do without a great line.
Why would anyone consider a broken up dude like Bradford? If we wanted a broken up QB we could send Nawlens draft picks and get Brunell back.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

By the way I thought the non-call on JC getting slammed to the ground was pretty bad.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #54
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensRedskinsFan View Post

LETS GO METS!!!!
No, he will throw them short after he injures his throwing shoulder for the third time.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #55
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
By the way I thought the non-call on JC getting slammed to the ground was pretty bad.
Apparently he doesn't have enough status with the officials. They definitely don't put a skirt on JC. That's 2 weeks in a row we got a no-call at the end of the game that would have benefitted us if they would have called it.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #56
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Why would anyone consider a broken up dude like Bradford? If we wanted a broken up QB we could send Nawlens draft picks and get Brunell back.
That shows what happens to him when he doesn't have a great 0-line.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #57
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That is two weeks in a row that non-calls have happened to our team. Ware was easily offsides last week.

Moose said there should have been a hold called in one of the early plays of the 4th qtr goal line series today and there is no excuse for that hit on Campbell. That is a point of emphasis this season, especially after Albert destroyed the Golden Boy.

Trust me, if one of our guys had done that to Romo last week every flag would be on the field and they probably would be ejected.

That being said, terrible irrelevant teams typically don't get these calls and that is where we are...
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #58
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
That is two weeks in a row that non-calls have happened to our team. Ware was easily offsides last week.

Moose said there should have been a hold called in one of the early plays of the 4th qtr goal line series today and there is no excuse for that hit on Campbell. That is a point of emphasis this season, especially after Albert destroyed the Golden Boy.

Trust me, if one of our guys had done that to Romo last week every flag would be on the field and they probably would be ejected.

That being said, terrible irrelevant teams typically don't get these calls and that is where we are...
I'll just point out that when the offseason posts are being written, about how far this team is from contention, based on a record that will probably be around 5-11, it's marginal calls like these that go against bad NFL teams and make them look a lot worse than they actually have played.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #59
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'll just point out that when the offseason posts are being written, about how far this team is from contention, based on a record that will probably be around 5-11, it's marginal calls like these that go against bad NFL teams and make them look a lot worse than they actually have played.
I have disagreed with the "blow the whole thing up" regularly. The league is built to have teams rebound from bad seasons. This is also why I disagree with those who want to just drop Campbell. That would be idiotic. No one clearly better is going to be out there and those who think McCoy and Bradford could do any better behind Stephon Heyer? I hope you don't have a piss test tomorrow...

We need to restrict Campbell because he is not going to get a big contract offer, and if he does we get compensated. Pretty simple. If we get a couple of legitimate quality offensive linemen we are right there. We have skill players and we will have high picks. So bring a football guy in here and let's go.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:22 AM   #60
bedlamVR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I have disagreed with the "blow the whole thing up" regularly. The league is built to have teams rebound from bad seasons. This is also why I disagree with those who want to just drop Campbell. That would be idiotic. No one clearly better is going to be out there and those who think McCoy and Bradford could do any better behind Stephon Heyer? I hope you don't have a piss test tomorrow...

We need to restrict Campbell because he is not going to get a big contract offer, and if he does we get compensated. Pretty simple. If we get a couple of legitimate quality offensive linemen we are right there. We have skill players and we will have high picks. So bring a football guy in here and let's go.

I agree. If i was a Bill Parcells or any big name GM or football CZar I would risk my reputation on this Redskins team because this football team is not that far away from being there . Look at the Dolphins in 2007 . They sucked BUT they played every game hard . Hell they lost to the Steelers 3-0 . The Redskins have just had the worst luck and yes the RBs need new flesh and the O-line needs to be rebuilt but the team DOES NOT need to be blown up because then we will be in a worse situation than we are now .

I actually think we have to be careful . I think because there are real serious questions about the top QB prospects in the draft and the lack of talent in the FA then some teams are going to look at Campbell as a possibility . I know Cowboys fans who would prefer Campbell over Romo, Bears fans would rather they had our JC and not the one they have ... Dolphins fans would like him, Carolina fans would like him ... in fact of the few teams that wouldn't seem to include Redskins fans ...
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote