Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Del Rio Fired

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2023, 10:41 PM   #46
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Del Rio Fired

Tell us how you really feel Rik. Lol. Hang in there one more offseason and see what happens when someone not named Dan Snyder is in charge.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2023, 10:45 PM   #47
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Del Rio Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
You guys and your QB dreams … WTF !! Most rookie QB out of college fail … for every CJ Stroud there are 5 Bryce Young’s or Zach Wilson’s .. We got lucky and IF some New staff comes in and deems Sam is not worthy I won’t have to worry about the outcome because I’ll be the one rooting for whoever this team plays to beat the hell out of Washington.. my patience has wore out .. and this shit show ain’t the redskins anyways . It’s a dumpster fire .. they don’t even wear the damn colors anymore .. it’s a disgrace.. .. fans hated on cousins also then he left .. good for him !!! All the EB lovers .. how’s that working out ?? Misery loves company and I’m seeing the current fan base deserving of what the product is .. truth is thus team is a decade away from being nothing more than a damn joke .. it ain’t changing .. the name sucks , the stadium sucks , the team sucks , the coaches suck …even the damn hot water heater sucks .. so does anybody got any thing good to say about this team .. ? No nobody does .. Sam Howell should wish we never drafted him to this crap hole .. players can’t wait to leave here and fans … what fans ??? The stands have more visitors fans than us .. it’s a damn disgrace
They must give new ownership a chance, unfortunately the team purchase was late and it was too late to make any coaching changes, I blame the league for dragging their feet.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:58 AM   #48
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Why do y’all keep saying you’re glad Harris did something when the statement released by Harris says this was Ron Rivera‘s idea
Lulz
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:59 AM   #49
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
LOL. That's a joke, right?

It's been 30 burger after 30+ burger all year, with or without those two.

This should have happened weeks ago.
Was the right call for the future
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 11-25-2023, 04:01 AM   #50
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
This. Ron calling the defense doesn't do much good, but I do like that new ownership is aware this still matters to some of us, that they're not going "meh, this team is a mess anyway, we'll have a look at it later".

Also like that the DB coach was fired. I somewhat still sense this secondary isn't as atrocious as they have been playing...
A little too late but yes. Something had to be done.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 11-25-2023, 08:16 AM   #51
Schneed10
A Dude

Wake me up when they hit the reset button on the whole thing.

One thing I wanted to point out though, because I think it’s going mostly unrecognized. The NFL has a comp-pick formula for minority coaches. If a coach is a minority, and is hired away to a role that represents a step up, the team he’s leaving is awarded a comp pick in the third round.

Bieniemy was given a two year contract by Rivera and Harris is assuredly aware of this rule. They will definitely wait to terminate EB until the completion of the head coach hiring cycle. If he gets a HC position, the team picks up a third rounder. If he doesn’t, and I lean towards him not getting one, then the team can wait to let him go from his assistant head coach position as soon as all the head coaching roles are filled.

All this is to say, they’re going to hang onto him. He will be one of the few that keeps his contract until February. Everyone else will get it on Black Monday.
Old 11-25-2023, 09:45 AM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

One thing I wanted to point out though, because I think it’s going mostly unrecognized. The NFL has a comp-pick formula for minority coaches. If a coach is a minority, and is hired away to a role that represents a step up, the team he’s leaving is awarded a comp pick in the third round.

Bieniemy was given a two year contract by Rivera and Harris is assuredly aware of this rule. They will definitely wait to terminate EB until the completion of the head coach hiring cycle. If he gets a HC position, the team picks up a third rounder. If he doesn’t, and I lean towards him not getting one, then the team can wait to let him go from his assistant head coach position as soon as all the head coaching roles are filled.

All this is to say, they’re going to hang onto him. He will be one of the few that keeps his contract until February. Everyone else will get it on Black Monday.
Good point
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:47 AM   #53
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I was thinking about this the other day. Not about the timeline if it were to happen, but the fact that the team could be compensated if they decided to move on from EB - let him pursue a HC position elsewhere, and he gets hired.
  • Two draft picks are awarded if a team has one qualified candidate hired for either a coach or a general manager position.
  • Three draft picks are awarded if a team has two qualified candidates hired for both positions, whether by the same team or two different teams.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:59 AM   #54
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
LOL. That's a joke, right?

It's been 30 burger after 30+ burger all year, with or without those two.

This should have happened weeks ago.

Seriously. We gave up 144 points from week 2-5. He should have been fired the night of the Bears game. We just might have squeaked out 3 more wins. Too bad Ron was sleeping or he might have somehow saved his own job.
Old 11-25-2023, 03:05 PM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I agree, I think EB will get another season in Washington somehow. He’s got them around 15 ish for total offense (yards) and with this horrible OLINE that’s pretty impressive. Not to mention what he’s done for Sam Howell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2023, 03:38 PM   #56
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Tell us how you really feel Rik. Lol. Hang in there one more offseason and see what happens when someone not named Dan Snyder is in charge.
It’s just all the frustration of all the crap that is wrong and negative about this team that a few of the bright positive things are not appreciated by the fans .. We got a handful of players who are worthy the rest as some of you have pointed out could not start for another team … Sam is a positive .. my list of players who matter … Sam,Terry,Brian,Gibson,Way,Payne,Allen … that’s about it . The rest are just drawing a check and not much else ! We have a few players on the fringe that with better coaching may deserve to be on a roster .. time will tell but I believe we currently have bottom 5 roster in the league .. so yea I’m frustrated and don’t have much patience for anyone bashing the few bright spots we have ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 05:21 PM   #57
That Guy
Living Legend

I mean, I feel like we've got decent depth guys at WR and DE, and while guys like JD or kurl aren't the best, you're probably not going to find enough new players to bump them off the top 53.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 05:53 PM   #58
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
It’s just all the frustration of all the crap that is wrong and negative about this team that a few of the bright positive things are not appreciated by the fans .. We got a handful of players who are worthy the rest as some of you have pointed out could not start for another team … Sam is a positive .. my list of players who matter … Sam,Terry,Brian,Gibson,Way,Payne,Allen … that’s about it . The rest are just drawing a check and not much else ! We have a few players on the fringe that with better coaching may deserve to be on a roster .. time will tell but I believe we currently have bottom 5 roster in the league .. so yea I’m frustrated and don’t have much patience for anyone bashing the few bright spots we have ..

It is so sad, and so true. Those 7 guys are it. You could make an argument for a couple others. You could also make an argument for a couple of them not to be on the list. It really is a pathetic roster.

My hope is that actual coaches make guys like Davis, or Forbes, or Dotson, etc matter. My other hope is we hit on the majority of our 9 picks and find a couple of free agent gems.
We could absolutely turn this thing around next year. It happens all the time.