Old 10-16-2023, 11:11 AM   #46
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Falcons post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Which has been a career long issue for him pre-NFL

I am not sure it can be "coached" out of him
Maybe not, but surely a competant OC would recognise the problem and design a system and call plays in such a way as to minimise the issue
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2023, 11:18 AM   #47
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

We are under the assumption that EB isn't doing these things. I am not sure I buy in to that. I feel like perhaps someone in the media just needs to flat out ask them what are you doing in practice to limit deficiencies? It is not like you are giving away team secrets here.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:24 AM   #48
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
We are under the assumption that EB isn't doing these things. I am not sure I buy in to that. I feel like perhaps someone in the media just needs to flat out ask them what are you doing in practice to limit deficiencies? It is not like you are giving away team secrets here.
True, but the play calling yesterday didn't seem to indicate it was.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 11:29 AM   #49
MTK
\m/

I think we've already seen some good progress from SH getting the ball out quicker. A lot of this will just come with experience. Sometimes guys just aren't open, and the OL fails him often too.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:42 AM   #50
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

I watched most of Sam's games at UNC being a fan of that team, and he has always held the ball too long, so it's just in him. He may get better with it, but he hasn't yet. He never had a "great" Oline at UNC either, but his first 2 seasons they ran the ball so well...he just had more time to throw because of that. His last season, they did not have a good run game, so it really exposed that from Sam and probably a big reason he dropped in the draft. His sack totals for his first 2 seasons were 36 and then 33, his last season was 47. I like Sam a lot, but I personally don't think his ceiling is that high...especially compared to say Drake Maye at UNC this year even.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 11:52 AM   #51
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
I watched most of Sam's games at UNC being a fan of that team, and he has always held the ball too long, so it's just in him. He may get better with it, but he hasn't yet. He never had a "great" Oline at UNC either, but his first 2 seasons they ran the ball so well...he just had more time to throw because of that. His last season, they did not have a good run game, so it really exposed that from Sam and probably a big reason he dropped in the draft. His sack totals for his first 2 seasons were 36 and then 33, his last season was 47. I like Sam a lot, but I personally don't think his ceiling is that high...especially compared to say Drake Maye at UNC this year even.
Maye is intriguing. He's big, fast, and can flat out throw. His Tar Heels are undefeated and scoring a lot of points. He has all the tools to be an excellent NFL starting qb.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 12:03 PM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Oh I agree with that, but deep down, I think we all know none of our RBs are your standard HR threat.
This is why we should move on from AG…play Chris Rod more and look for better talent in the draft next year.

Talking with coworkers, B Rob is great and has a place on the team, but we need faster with play making ability RB. Not satisfied with that room on the team.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 12:26 PM   #53
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is why we should move on from AG…play Chris Rod more and look for better talent in the draft next year.

Talking with coworkers, B Rob is great and has a place on the team, but we need faster with play making ability RB. Not satisfied with that room on the team.
Chris Rodriguez, he’s tough and plows through people, want to see more of him playing.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 12:41 PM   #54
Fishingfool
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
B Rob doesn’t look right to me …. Almost like no quick burst and kinda runs up to the line and that’s it … Chris looked a lot better to my eyes …
Didn't he have that 12 yard TD carry blowing up the Falcon who tries to tackle him on 1 yardline?
Fishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 02:14 PM   #55
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Gotta be honest, that was weirdly embarrassing... You know Ron knows it's his last season as a HC, with the great speeches he gave in rocky seasons, this ones comes out has wordy and uninspired, this locker room is apathetic.

https://www.commanders.com/video/vic...s-a-family-win
Old 10-16-2023, 02:24 PM   #56
MTK
\m/

I kind of find it hard to care about a post game speech that much. It seemed fine to me and run of the mill coach speak.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:48 PM   #57
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

One thing I liked that JDR did yesterday was play more 4-3 D. That’s why Hudson was more involved, it was effective against the run. We’ll need it next against Barkley.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 03:55 PM   #58
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

BRob just seems to me like a bruising work horse back that will wear down opposing defenses IF….IF he is allowed to get going. You cannot spread out 10-15 carries over the course of a game and expect a bruiser to ever get going. Gibson clearly isn’t that guy. Plus he has got that fumble thingy. However I think he is dangerous in the screen game. C-Rod I haven’t seen enough of. I would love to see BRob get 20-25 carries a game and let him wear opposing Defenses down. He will definitely break a couple. A better line obviously wouldn’t hurt either.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 04:01 PM   #59
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
One thing I liked that JDR did yesterday was play more 4-3 D. That’s why Hudson was more involved, it was effective against the run. We’ll need it next against Barkley.
Yeah me too. Also, Hudson immediately made some plays one way or other (solo tackle or team tackle). It made me wonder why isn't Hudson starting in the first place...
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 07:00 PM   #60
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think we've already seen some good progress from SH getting the ball out quicker. A lot of this will just come with experience. Sometimes guys just aren't open, and the OL fails him often too.
That is true, and he did get sacked 5 times this past game but 2 of those came on the final drive of the first half where he was trying to make a play, he will get better at that because he doesnt wanna keep getting hit.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote