Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Common Ground thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-30-2022, 01:26 PM   #46
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Common Ground thread

Here is a good one. trump asking a War crimnal for a favor! UFR!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/7216200001/

Donald Trump asks Vladimir Putin for a favor - dirt on Hunter (and Joe) Biden

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump wants a favor from Vladimir Putin.

Amid criticism of his high regard for the Russian president and accused war criminal, former president Trump used an interview this week to ask Putin to release any information he has on reports a Russian oligarch gave money a decade ago to a company co-founded by President Joe Biden's son Hunter.

"I would think Putin would know the answer to that," Trump said an interview on the "Just The News" television program. "I think he should release it. I think we should know that answer."

There is no evidence Hunter Biden engaged in illicit dealings with Russia. He is reportedly under investigation by the Justice Department over taxes in connection with business operations in China; the president's son has also been criticized by Trump and others over his financial activity in Ukraine.

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2022, 10:43 AM   #47
SunnySide
Playmaker

McCarthy rebukes Cawthorn over his claims that lawmakers have invited him to orgies and use drugs

By Melissa Quinn

March 31, 2022 / 9:01 AM / CBS News

Washington — House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Wednesday admonished Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina over claims he had watched members of Congress use drugs and was invited to an "orgy."

McCarthy told reporters on Capitol Hill that he told Cawthorn during a private meeting that the first-term congressman "lost my trust," and the allegations Cawthorn had made during a podcast interview last week were "exaggerated," according to Axios.

"It's just frustration. There's no evidence behind his statements," McCarthy said, according to reports, adding, "I told him you can't make statements like that, as a member of Congress, that affects everybody else and the country as a whole."

The GOP leader said Cawthorn's comments upset many lawmakers, and he warned Cawthorn could face consequences for what McCarthy said are "unacceptable" remarks." McCarthy also told reporters that Cawthorn acknowledged some of his claims were "exaggerated."

"In the interview, he claims he watched people do cocaine. Then when he comes in he tells me — he says he thinks he saw maybe a staffer in a parking garage from 100 yards away," McCarthy told reporters.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-m...gy-invitation/

I think we can all agree that Madison Cawthorn needs to go.

I get that he wants to be a sensationalist and beat the 'DC is a cess pool of perversion" to appeal to evangelicals ... but fucking A man.

dude sucks
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:00 PM   #48
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
McCarthy rebukes Cawthorn over his claims that lawmakers have invited him to orgies and use drugs

By Melissa Quinn

March 31, 2022 / 9:01 AM / CBS News

Washington — House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Wednesday admonished Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina over claims he had watched members of Congress use drugs and was invited to an "orgy."

McCarthy told reporters on Capitol Hill that he told Cawthorn during a private meeting that the first-term congressman "lost my trust," and the allegations Cawthorn had made during a podcast interview last week were "exaggerated," according to Axios.

"It's just frustration. There's no evidence behind his statements," McCarthy said, according to reports, adding, "I told him you can't make statements like that, as a member of Congress, that affects everybody else and the country as a whole."

The GOP leader said Cawthorn's comments upset many lawmakers, and he warned Cawthorn could face consequences for what McCarthy said are "unacceptable" remarks." McCarthy also told reporters that Cawthorn acknowledged some of his claims were "exaggerated."

"In the interview, he claims he watched people do cocaine. Then when he comes in he tells me — he says he thinks he saw maybe a staffer in a parking garage from 100 yards away," McCarthy told reporters.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-m...gy-invitation/

I think we can all agree that Madison Cawthorn needs to go.

I get that he wants to be a sensationalist and beat the 'DC is a cess pool of perversion" to appeal to evangelicals ... but fucking A man.

dude sucks
The Republican party is allowing Boebert, Greene, and this guy to act like they are on some sort of MTV show.

It's just weird. Hopefully they all lose re-election.

If I was elected to Congress tomorrow, I'd be one of, if not the most conservative person there, but I wouldn't act like a fucking clown. You can be conservative, and a large chunk of the media will give you shit for your policies, but they wouldn't be able to give legitimate shit about your behavior. Those 3 are cartoon caricatures of adults.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:26 PM   #49
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Everyone knew he wanted to do it , now it's confirmed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cant-you-...151957658.html

'Can't you just shoot them?': Former defense secretary says Trump wanted violence against Floyd protesters.

President Donald Trump wanted U.S. troops to shoot protesters during racial justice demonstrations in 2020, according to a new book from former Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

“Can't you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?” Esper quotes Trump saying. The then president allegedly made the remark as protesters descended on Washington, D.C., following the murder of George Floyd on May 25, 2020, by a Minneapolis police officer. The quote was first reported by Axios.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:39 PM   #50
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Everyone knew he wanted to do it , now it's confirmed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cant-you-...151957658.html

'Can't you just shoot them?': Former defense secretary says Trump wanted violence against Floyd protesters.

President Donald Trump wanted U.S. troops to shoot protesters during racial justice demonstrations in 2020, according to a new book from former Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

“Can't you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?” Esper quotes Trump saying. The then president allegedly made the remark as protesters descended on Washington, D.C., following the murder of George Floyd on May 25, 2020, by a Minneapolis police officer. The quote was first reported by Axios.

God, Trump, and Guns!!!!!!!! YEEHAW!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:58 PM   #51
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
God, Trump, and Guns!!!!!!!! YEEHAW!
You must be chico's speech writer!
Old 05-03-2022, 10:58 AM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The Republican party is allowing Boebert, Greene, and this guy to act like they are on some sort of MTV show.

It's just weird. Hopefully they all lose re-election.

If I was elected to Congress tomorrow, I'd be one of, if not the most conservative person there, but I wouldn't act like a fucking clown. You can be conservative, and a large chunk of the media will give you shit for your policies, but they wouldn't be able to give legitimate shit about your behavior. Those 3 are cartoon caricatures of adults.
So... Mike Pence basically?
Old 05-03-2022, 11:18 AM   #53
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
So... Mike Pence basically?
He seems a tad weird. I would have some personality lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:36 AM   #54
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
He seems a tad weird. I would have some personality lol.
LOL, you mean because he calls his wife ..".mommy"?
Old 05-03-2022, 02:59 PM   #55
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, you mean because he calls his wife ..".mommy"?
I thought it was mother lol.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:50 PM   #56
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Not really tied in anywhere but thought it was slightly political and funny so:

Old 07-05-2022, 01:31 AM   #57
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Happy Independence Day everybody!
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:14 AM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Happy Independence Day everybody!
Something that gets overlooked about the fourth and thinking back to the founding fathers, the ages of these revolutionaries on July 4th 1776:

Among the most notable signers were James Monroe (18), John Marshall (20), Aaron Burr (20), Alexander Hamilton (21), and James Madison (25). Thomas Jefferson, principal author of the document, was only 33. In 1780, when James Madison constructed the Constitution he was 29

The myth that these were old, rich, elder statesmen is incorrect. These were intelligent, forward thinking, young revolutionaries…the original rebels. Who went up against the powerful force in the world at the time..the British Empire. That tiny little island is amazing, but we took them down.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:52 AM   #59
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Something that gets overlooked about the fourth and thinking back to the founding fathers, the ages of these revolutionaries on July 4th 1776:

Among the most notable signers were James Monroe (18), John Marshall (20), Aaron Burr (20), Alexander Hamilton (21), and James Madison (25). Thomas Jefferson, principal author of the document, was only 33. In 1780, when James Madison constructed the Constitution he was 29

The myth that these were old, rich, elder statesmen is incorrect. These were intelligent, forward thinking, young revolutionaries…the original rebels. Who went up against the powerful force in the world at the time..the British Empire. That tiny little island is amazing, but we took them down.
You simply can't be as ignorant as you pretend to be, you just can't!!!!!
Old 07-06-2022, 08:59 AM   #60
MTK
\m/

^ What was the average life expectancy back then for a man, like maybe 40?