Chicago loses Olympic bid....

Other Sports

Old 10-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #46
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Chicago loses Olympic bid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Another innocent sports related thread turned "Political". This is what happens in all political threads.

First, a guy gets on his then people begin to . Then the when :, then everyone goes back and forth each other. Then another guy has to come in with his own which if you think about it it is really offtopic, but it doesn't matter because everyone is so at this point that rationalle just doesn't matter. Everyone just continues on with their , turning this site into nothing more than a written match. At this point all Matty can do is sit back and .
Best post of this thread....by far

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #47
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Another innocent sports related thread turned "Political". This is what happens in all political threads.

First, a guy gets on his then people begin to . Then the when :, then everyone goes back and forth each other. Then another guy has to come in with his own which if you think about it it is really offtopic, but it doesn't matter because everyone is so at this point that rationalle just doesn't matter. Everyone just continues on with their , turning this site into nothing more than a written match. At this point all Matty can do is sit back and .
I must applaud this too. Bravo.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

lol classic post by Angry
Old 10-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #49
12thMan
MVP

Quote:

Easily the best post.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #50
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
did you have the same thoughts when Regan was elected?
zing!!

i was hoping brazil would get the limpics too. city of gods . .

go skins!!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #51
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Bull puckey. The whole liberal media bias is the biggest crock the right has peddled in years. When Acorn get's more media than Halliburton and Blackwater, the teabaggers garner more coverage than the very corporate interests that funded, organized, and advertised the movement, and when Obama's "olympic failure" gets more coverage than a prominent conservative group cheering when the bid failed, don't preach to me about liberal media bias.

And for the record, I think Palin will win the GOP nomination and what a glorious day that will be. But she's yet to give a substantive interview or speech on policy, or articulate her general views and vision for America. Nothing. If Palin is thorough, thoughtful and can make her case before the American people over and over in different settings and venues, then the media will give her a fair shake. But if all she want's to do is rile up the base, have spats with bloggers, post drive by messages on facebook and twitter, and talk about how much she loves the troops as a diversion from the topic at hand she'll continue to get hammered. Fair or not. Bottom line, Sarah Palin is responsible for the negative perception she has created. No one else. Not the media, not Katie Couric, not Tina Fey. It's all on Palin.
This might help with the media bias .... Media bias is alive and well , not that it matters now
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #52
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
This might help with the media bias ...YouTube - Must watch! HowObamaGotElected.com "Informed" Obama voters. Media bias is alive and well , not that it matters now
Dude, seriously, we've destroyed this thread. But that had to be one of the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen.

If you want to discuss media bias, just start a thread. I'm sure you'll get a nice discussion going.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #53
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Dude, seriously, we've destroyed this thread. But that had to be one of the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen.

If you want to discuss media bias, just start a thread. I'm sure you'll get a nice discussion going.
You might be right . No hard feelings .... but ... did you star the political discussion ... lol ? I Think I'm done in this thread

Last edited by budw38; 10-07-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #54
budw38
Playmaker

Hiroshima, Nagasaki to pitch for 2020 Olympics - USATODAY.com I found this to be very interesting ....