Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Thread Hell

Old 11-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #46
rome108
Special Teams

Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
Ok Green is a jerk.......happy? Then what is bmitch? I wish we had those jerks on the team now.
Hey! Don't rip on my man Brian Mitchell! He's super cool. I met him way back in the day maybe 92 or so. He came in to get his lexus washed at a car wash I worked at near Redskins Park. I told him he was the Redskins "secret weapon" because he could do it all (kickoffs, punt returns, rb and even qb). He just laughed and said thanks, then gave me a big tip, as I finished drying off his car.

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #47
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Darrell Green Apperence Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxRedSkin View Post
Anybody who trashes on 28 ought to be ashamed. Some of you are pissed that he wants donations for his autographs. Look where his donations go....The September 11th fund, the United Way, the Loudoun Education Fund, The United Way, the Darrell Green Youth Life Fund, The YMCA and numerous other charity organizations. You are railing him for what I ask? He was born a poor child near Houston and has made an enormous difference in countless peoples lives and "you people" burn him at the stake for wanting a charitable contribution for his autograph. I just want to know at what point or when did he say "well I need $500 for my autograph" to put in his own pocket? Michael Jordan charges that or more and no charities are receiving....I know. I'm aquainted with MJ. How dare you bag on one of the few true REDSKINS. He's a true stand up man in my book.
Hail first round #28
i was answering a question. and if he were a murderer that'd be alright in your eyes right? just cause he ran a 4.2 and played for the skins all sins are apparently forgiven :P.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #48
FRPLG
MVP

You think maybe the guy gets mobbed every time he goes out and can't always put on the smiley face to make you happy? And those complaining because he dodesn't do other charities. I would bet he gets asked to do ALOT of charity work. If he did it all he wouldn't have a life other than that. He does his charity nd that's it. I see no problem with it.

The only time I ever met him when way back when around '90. We were selling stuff for our school fundraiser and were in his neighborhood. We were 12 and totally crazy when he answered the door. We ended up asking him to show us how fast he was. He guy freaking got out in the middle of the street and sprinted down the road for us and then signed autographs. AT HIS HOUSE. The one place where he should be able to tell stupid fans to eff off he didn't and was super nice.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #49
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
You think maybe the guy gets mobbed every time he goes out and can't always put on the smiley face to make you happy? And those complaining because he dodesn't do other charities. I would bet he gets asked to do ALOT of charity work. If he did it all he wouldn't have a life other than that. He does his charity nd that's it. I see no problem with it.

The only time I ever met him when way back when around '90. We were selling stuff for our school fundraiser and were in his neighborhood. We were 12 and totally crazy when he answered the door. We ended up asking him to show us how fast he was. He guy freaking got out in the middle of the street and sprinted down the road for us and then signed autographs. AT HIS HOUSE. The one place where he should be able to tell stupid fans to eff off he didn't and was super nice.
Look we all have mixed opinions about him off the field, only thing I really want people to do, is aknowledge that he COULD be not the best guy off the field. That is it.

People just need to realize just bc someone is/was a Redskin doesnt mean they are a god, and you cant be critical.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #50
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

and just because hes not to your liking off the field, that makes him an asshole?? come on now. grow up
Old 11-18-2006, 02:26 PM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I regret having been one of the first, if not the very first, here to say that DG isn't necessarily all he's cracked up to be. Phenomenal player and I don't question his integrity or what he's done for the community. But he has a lot of characteristics that even his teammates didn't care for. You don't need to make others look bad to look good yourself, and you can allow others to have their moment in the spotlight every now and then. Those were concepts that didn't seem to be entirely clear to Green. Or at least it wasn't when he was playing.

But bottom line is everyone has different impressions of the people they meet, you can't tell someone they're wrong for how they feel about someone when they met that person.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:36 PM   #52
PhxRedSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i was answering a question. and if he were a murderer that'd be alright in your eyes right? just cause he ran a 4.2 and played for the skins all sins are apparently forgiven :P.
You have the unabated perpetuance to jab me under my skin for some unknown reason. If you want to talk about murder then how about coming to my brother Scott Christopher McCabe's murder trial. My brother was murdered in cold blood september 7, 1997 and YEAH!!! we are still in the legal process for his murderers. Think before you speak again. Please.

P.S. There is actually things out there in life that are more important than football and our Redskins. Hopefully you'll be reminded of that this coming thursday.

P.S.S. Jan 2 we start trial again for one of my brothers killers. Maricopa County Superior Court, Judge Gordons court 8th floor east court house. You want to see a cold blooded killer, come watch. Here's a link for your interest if you think I kid around. This is his motion to travel these holidays and be with his family. Oh, bye the way he was previously convicted of my Brothers first degree murder and an Appellete court changed his conviction....Please do not ever again use the term kill or murder so loosely.

wont let me paste: so here it is.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...6/m2437357.pdf

P.S.S.S. no murderers are not alright in my eyes GUY

Hail
Old 11-18-2006, 02:53 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxRedSkin View Post
You have the unabated perpetuance to jab me under my skin for some unknown reason. If you want to talk about murder then how about coming to my brother Scott Christopher McCabe's murder trial. My brother was murdered in cold blood september 7, 1997 and YEAH!!! we are still in the legal process for his murderers. Think before you speak again. Please.

P.S. There is actually things out there in life that are more important than football and our Redskins. Hopefully you'll be reminded of that this coming thursday.

P.S.S. Jan 2 we start trial again for one of my brothers killers. Maricopa County Superior Court, Judge Gordons court 8th floor east court house. You want to see a cold blooded killer, come watch. Here's a link for your interest if you think I kid around. This is his motion to travel these holidays and be with his family. Oh, bye the way he was previously convicted of my Brothers first degree murder and an Appellete court changed his conviction....Please do not ever again use the term kill or murder so loosely.

wont let me paste: so here it is.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...6/m2437357.pdf

P.S.S.S. no murderers are not alright in my eyes GUY

Hail
Sorry to hear about all that. On this note, however, I don't want the thread to start heading very much in the wrong direction. So I'm locking it because there is nothing more to really discuss here.