First Time Fatherhood

Parking Lot

Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #46
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: First Time Fatherhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Either way can be effective. My parents used to kick my ass in a way that made you think I was being jumped in to a gang, but one of my brothers didn't get whipped until he was 12. People could report it if done in public, but they can eat a di*k. They can discipline their kids their way and I will do mine my way.
While I understand the sentiment ,if reported the children could end up in foster care and you in jail ,depending on the situation .

Advertisements
Old 06-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #47
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

For me, I think the punishment part will come natural. What I mean is, I'll be able to judge what is effective, yet do it out of love. Some people are completely against spanking children, but children have to know that there is consequences to their actions. I can't imagine having to spank my child or talk "gruffly" to him or her, but there will come a day when that must be done to correct them.

I would much rather think all I'll ever have to do is to hug 'em and give 'em a kiss on the forehead, but I realistically, they'll try you and boundaries need to be established early on.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #48
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
For me, I think the punishment part will come natural. .

It will ,and there is no need to even think about that now .
Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #49
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
While I understand the sentiment ,if reported the children could end up in foster care and you in jail ,depending on the situation .

You are funny. They won't end up in foster care, and like I said I got my ass kicked as a kid. I am not saying beat your kids down like you are an MMA fighter, but if any of my 3 kids actions requires me to go Red Foreman and put my foot in their ass, it is going down.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #50
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
You are funny. They won't end up in foster care, and like I said I got my ass kicked as a kid. I am not saying beat your kids down like you are an MMA fighter, but if any of my 3 kids actions requires me to go Red Foreman and put my foot in their ass, it is going down.
A good read for you .

Why you shouldn't hit your kids.

and this one.

Make spanking kids illegal: Corporal punishment leads to problems later in life - NY Daily News
Old 06-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #51
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Spanking kids isnt a problem. You dont wanna spank yours Thats cool but I will whip mine.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #52
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Well, today is the day we hopefully find out the sex of our baby! I honestly don't care either way. I'm just hoping for a healthy baby. It's hard to believe that my wife is basically half way through her pregnancy already.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #53
over the mountain
Playmaker

me: "honey, please sit down and eat your breakfast."

her: "No thank you. You'd better tell Santa. womp, womp."
Old 12-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #54
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Wow, well I guess I need to update this thread. I was actually in the process of starting a new thread the other day, but I never got a chance to finish it. So, as you guys may know by now, our son was born seven weeks premature. He was born with two heart defects, an ASD and a VSD. The VSD is the biggest issue. The ASD is just a small hole.

He's been in the NICU for over seven weeks now. He's heading into his eighth week in the hospital. We thought that today would be the day they would transfer him down to Duke Hospital, because he started showing signs of needing the open-heart surgery and the doctors wanted to go ahead and proceed with the plan.

Well, I found out today that my son is sick and they have him in isolation. He's not back in the incubator, so I'm hoping this just means that he's not very sick, but enough to keep him from any other germs. The bad news of all of this is that it has postponed his transfer to Duke, so we're not sure when he gets transferred now.

Obviously, I was hoping he'd get transferred this week. If he was transferred early enough, there would be a chance that he could have the procedure done before the week was out, and that my two weeks off for the holidays would be spent on his two weeks of recovery. Basically, so that I'd not miss major time at work. I have just started my job, and I have no vacation time. I don't even qualify for FMLA, so technically, they could fire me for taking off work for an extended amount of time.

Depending upon when our son has his surgery, I could be out of work for a month. That's a long time without a paycheck! So anyway, the situation has been pretty hard on my wife and I. My wife is close to having a nervous breakdown. I'm surprised she's held up as well as she has. She's had some physical issues coming out of this pregnancy as well.

On a bright note though, I absolutely love my son! He is so precious and such a life changer! Right now, I'd do just about anything for my son! I just want him well, his heart fixed up, and his feedings to go better, so that we can get him home. Needless to say, Christmas has sort of been cancelled for the Skinsguy family this year. We will be spending it in a hospital, probably Duke, but we are thankful for our son!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #55
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Wow, well I guess I need to update this thread. I was actually in the process of starting a new thread the other day, but I never got a chance to finish it. So, as you guys may know by now, our son was born seven weeks premature. He was born with two heart defects, an ASD and a VSD. The VSD is the biggest issue. The ASD is just a small hole.

He's been in the NICU for over seven weeks now. He's heading into his eighth week in the hospital. We thought that today would be the day they would transfer him down to Duke Hospital, because he started showing signs of needing the open-heart surgery and the doctors wanted to go ahead and proceed with the plan.

Well, I found out today that my son is sick and they have him in isolation. He's not back in the incubator, so I'm hoping this just means that he's not very sick, but enough to keep him from any other germs. The bad news of all of this is that it has postponed his transfer to Duke, so we're not sure when he gets transferred now.

Obviously, I was hoping he'd get transferred this week. If he was transferred early enough, there would be a chance that he could have the procedure done before the week was out, and that my two weeks off for the holidays would be spent on his two weeks of recovery. Basically, so that I'd not miss major time at work. I have just started my job, and I have no vacation time. I don't even qualify for FMLA, so technically, they could fire me for taking off work for an extended amount of time.

Depending upon when our son has his surgery, I could be out of work for a month. That's a long time without a paycheck! So anyway, the situation has been pretty hard on my wife and I. My wife is close to having a nervous breakdown. I'm surprised she's held up as well as she has. She's had some physical issues coming out of this pregnancy as well.

On a bright note though, I absolutely love my son! He is so precious and such a life changer! Right now, I'd do just about anything for my son! I just want him well, his heart fixed up, and his feedings to go better, so that we can get him home. Needless to say, Christmas has sort of been cancelled for the Skinsguy family this year. We will be spending it in a hospital, probably Duke, but we are thankful for our son!
Man so sorry to hear. I can't even imagine. You are totally in my thoughts I wish your family the best.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #56
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Thoughts and prayers your way .
Old 12-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #57
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Don't plan on having kids, myself, but a close friend is having his first child (due next week, nonetheless). Being an uncle is good enough for me just because I can give my nieces(and next week when hes born nephew) back. If its my kid its a non-stop job for the rest of my life.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:01 AM   #58
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Hey guys!

I was told that some of you have been asking about the progress of my son, so I wanted to give you an update.

We're still at the same hospital. Tony had gotten sick a few weeks ago and had to go on isolation. It's not a serious sickness - it's the rhino virus. But, anytime the babies have some sort of sickness, they place them on isolation to keep them from getting sicker. So, since he's been sick, his transfer to Duke to get his surgery has been placed on hold. However, the cardiologist does plan to reevaluate him at the beginning of next week, do another echo, and run some other tests.

We're thinking that the doctors felt he was ready for his procedure a few weeks ago, because his feedings started declining. However, that was around the time when he had gotten the rhino virus, so the doctors are now thinking, maybe, the rhino virus might had caused the decrease in his feeding and not his heart issues. Since Tony has been on isolation, he has actually been having an increase in his feedings - which is why the cardiologist is going to reevaluate him next week.

One thing I DO know is that he IS going to be transferred to Duke for the heart procedure. He won't go home before hand. So, right now, it's just getting him well enough to get transferred. Anyway, if you guys would like to keep up with his progress, I started a Caring Bridge site for Tony. I usually try to post daily, or at least three or four times a week. Feel free to check it out:

Mikcael | CaringBridge
Old 12-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #59
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Hey guys!

I was told that some of you have been asking about the progress of my son, so I wanted to give you an update.

We're still at the same hospital. Tony had gotten sick a few weeks ago and had to go on isolation. It's not a serious sickness - it's the rhino virus. But, anytime the babies have some sort of sickness, they place them on isolation to keep them from getting sicker. So, since he's been sick, his transfer to Duke to get his surgery has been placed on hold. However, the cardiologist does plan to reevaluate him at the beginning of next week, do another echo, and run some other tests.

We're thinking that the doctors felt he was ready for his procedure a few weeks ago, because his feedings started declining. However, that was around the time when he had gotten the rhino virus, so the doctors are now thinking, maybe, the rhino virus might had caused the decrease in his feeding and not his heart issues. Since Tony has been on isolation, he has actually been having an increase in his feedings - which is why the cardiologist is going to reevaluate him next week.

One thing I DO know is that he IS going to be transferred to Duke for the heart procedure. He won't go home before hand. So, right now, it's just getting him well enough to get transferred. Anyway, if you guys would like to keep up with his progress, I started a Caring Bridge site for Tony. I usually try to post daily, or at least three or four times a week. Feel free to check it out:

Mikcael | CaringBridge
Good luck to you and your family! Tony looks very cute and big in those Monkey PJ's.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #60
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Thanks for the update skinsguy, will keep you and your baby in my thoughts. He looks adorable in those pictures.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote