Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The worst aspect of your personality

Parking Lot

Old 08-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #46
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Actually we are civic minded club that raises money for hearing and speech impaired children who's parents cannot afford their hearing aids and other hearing and speech equipment. Last year we gave out more then $20,000 to children, schools and families who needed our help. For a club with just over 20 members we raise alot of money and give back 100% of what we raise.
That is really awesome

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #47
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: The worst aspect of your personality

Its not really a big deal but I am proud of what we can accomplish with such a small group and the smiles we have put on some childrens face.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #48
firstdown
Living Legend

Here you go.

Last edited by firstdown; 08-26-2011 at 04:56 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Its not really a big deal but I am proud of what we can accomplish with such a small group and the smiles we have put on some childrens face.
Don't sell yourself short. It's wonderful
Old 08-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Smoots right! It is a big deal.
BTW, I think Rex Grossman has a similar enterprise.......
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #51
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
My posts are always too short.
I thought that was my problem.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #52
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I was goofing. Though some would say it's true!

On the serious, for me it's lack of consideration of the emotional impact of any decision. I'm extremely logical and analytical, two things I consider strengths. But the weakness that comes along with it involves leaving emotion out of decision-making entirely.
This and complacency, I'd say complacency wins though, I hate it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #53
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I have battled anxiety and add for most of my life, and it makes normal conversations hard sometimes, because when i get super excited about something i tend to obsess on it, and it has its highs and lows because it works the same way when something really bad happens.

i guess that sounds more like manic depressive, but i was only ever officially diagnosed with anxiety. I know for sure I have a.d.d. because it is hard for me to keep a conversation going about the same thing, i keep changing the subject, unless i am talking about something that i am obsessed about, and then i tend to tell people the same thing over and over again.

I'm not much to try and self diagnose, but I am leaning more towards having anxiety as well as Asperger's Syndrome, due to my intense interests in certain things ( i am meticulous about washing & detailing our vehicles, i even wash, wax, and detail the lawnmower and our 2 ATV's), and having severe difficulty in social interaction. I'm not somebody that hides in a basement, but I find talking to strangers very uncomfortable and going to a party or somewhere where i don't know any of the people sometimes makes me feel so bad i feel naseaus.

Like many i'm sure, this is why i find so much comfort on this board because i can talk to everybody without having that "feeling" i get like if we were all in a room or something...
Warpath Confessions

Stay strong bro, let's have a Warpath meet lol
Old 09-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #54
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
That's too cool fd
Old 10-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #55
over the mountain
Playmaker

by far my biggest personality defect related to sports is my obsession with people being fans of teams that they live no where close to aka bandwagoners.

i literally say things unnecessarily (cowboy fans around DC, yanks/sox fans around balt). i was at my local bar watching the thurs night season opener and this guy was wearing a GB jersey and cheering loud every play. as i left i told my owner buddy that i hate when a team wins the SB then all of the sudden people start acting like their life long die hard fans. He gave a puzzled what do you mean look. I said ive never seen a GB fan in balt city until right now . . i walked away realizing he doesnt care about how people choose to enjoy themselves and why the hell am i so obsessed with pissing on peoples parades?

we were at pf changs last night, this guy was blaring some rap from his cellphone 2 seats down. i really wanted to say something to him, my lady says you only want to say something b/c hes wearing a yankee hat and told me not to say anything and ruin the night. i think she was right in a sense.

its a big problem for me. i just gotta let it go
Old 10-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #56
MTK
\m/

Umm, Skins fan in NY here.

You have to consider in the modern era with games being on TV, it's very easy for fans to catch on to other teams. Not every out of town fan is a bandwagoner. I think some teams naturally draw in the bandwagon fans, the big market high profile teams like the Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, etc. But I always think it's kinda cool myself to see a Vikings flag in front of someone's house.

Always rooting for the hometown team is kinda boring to me. Too easy.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #57
over the mountain
Playmaker

well see thats the thing. i love seeing a bengals or bills jersey walking thru baltimore b/c you know that person is true. a GB or saints or NE jersey, their suspect.

im working on it, i know im in the wrong, i dont have the right to play fanhood police . .i really think its a byproduct of being a skins Os fan. weve been bad for so long, i think the only true fans are the ones that suffer. everyone else (pats, lakers, boys, GB, red sox) are suspect until proven otherwise (born or live in that city)
Old 10-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #58
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
well see thats the thing. i love seeing a bengals or bills jersey walking thru baltimore b/c you know that person is true. a GB or saints or NE jersey, their suspect.

im working on it, i know im in the wrong, i dont have the right to play fanhood police . .i really think its a byproduct of being a skins Os fan. weve been bad for so long, i think the only true fans are the ones that suffer. everyone else (pats, lakers, boys, GB, red sox) are suspect until proven otherwise (born or live in that city)
I agree with you to a point. I know a lot of Cowboys fans here in NoVa, and the majority of them readily admit they weren't fans until the mid 90's, when it became easy to love the Cowboys because of their success and the fact that the Redskins have always had a big fanbase in NoVa. A lot of them have never been to Dallas, they just love to hate on the Redskins. I realize it's their choice but that mentality is stupid. I still know plenty of other true fans of other teams around here, I have a buddy that's been a Saints fan since the Aaron Brooks/Jim Haslett days. That's fine with me.