Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Quarterback

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #46
GusFrerotte

Re: Quarterback

Keeping JC is the way to go at this point. Given the tools he can deliver the goods. I don't think he is the great leader that some think, but he is a good QB and with a good line can get us into the playoffs. I am thinking this could be 1994 all over again if we let JC go and get Bradofrd, he gets hurt and is a bust. THen we will end up with another rook starting(ala Gus in '95) and continue down mediocrity road!!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #47
LandrySlice
Special Teams

Only way we should let Campbell go, is if we get a 1st, or 2nd round pick. The best thing for this team is to start over. EVERYONE IS EXPENDABLE!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #48
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
as i stated earlier we will sign a tender on campbell maybe for a 1st and 3rd if a team takes a chance on that they can have him. Otherwise he holding the spot for bradford
please lets hope we dont draft sam bradford he is a system qb and never seemed to take any snaps under center at ou. This will slow his development in the nfl.plus he is coming off of a injury. Jc will be fine with a solid offensive line.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #49
skins89moss
Playmaker

We don't need to draft a QB with our 1st pick , because JC can get the job done with a better O-Line. Our O-line was poor at run blocking and pass protection. We need good quality young o-lineman which will much improve our offense scoring. We have good young receiving corp but need to draft a RB in the later rounds. We need the best player available with the 1st pick if its a OT or the saftety Eric Berry will have a immediate impact on our defense.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #50
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

I say we draft a QB, get rid of Campbell, and start TC next year. Does anyone know what TC's record is as our starting QB?
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #51
Bigreds77
Special Teams

Bruce Allans dad was the reason I became a Skins fan. I would like to see Jason back next year with a better O line.
Bigreds77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #52
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Campbell is far more skilled than Mark Rypien ever was. Give Campbell an adequate O-line and he could be a consistent winner. Also, the next coach should bring a West Coast Offense, otherwise, we just wasted two years coaching up Campbell and the young receivers. Thomas, Davis, and Kelly weren't exactly quick on the uptake of the current offense, and I would hate to start at square one teaching them a new offense.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #53
HolyLandSkinsFan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Campbell is far more skilled than Mark Rypien ever was. Give Campbell an adequate O-line and he could be a consistent winner. Also, the next coach should bring a West Coast Offense, otherwise, we just wasted two years coaching up Campbell and the young receivers. Thomas, Davis, and Kelly weren't exactly quick on the uptake of the current offense, and I would hate to start at square one teaching them a new offense.
I'm all for keeping Campell (and Zorn as QB coach or offensive coordinator or even head coach) - but I think Zorn will wind up as QB coach or offensive coordinator in Cleveland together with Campell and Holmgren. Thik the new Heach coach there would call the plays though.
HolyLandSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #54
irish
Playmaker

When the Skins bring in new coaches next year they will want their own guys and JC isnt one of their guys. He's gone as soon as the new coaches start or shortly there after.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #55
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

two words for you guys
Matt schaub...hes the future
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #56
Drift Reality
Impact Rookie

This will all flow based on who they bring in to coach the team after the season is over, provided they do make a decision to bring in a new head coach.

Theoretically, you bring in a head coach and then the general manager (if the GM is responsible for personnel) and head coach should collaboratively assess the existing situation and decide whether the personnel makes sense for the offense that the coach is going to implement.

If the answer is yes then the GM will then weigh a number of other variables like age, price, history, the team's current structure and market (who is available). Based on these variables the GM will make a decision about retaining the existing QB, or looking to acquire through A) trade; B) free agency; and C) the draft.

I would probably consider the following variables:

1. The FA QB market is non-existent;
2. There aren't any young second-string quarter backs who I would consider acquiring via trade (a la Matt Schaub);
3. The rookie pool looks like a crap shoot. I think Bradford might have pro potential similar to Matt Ryan but I think McCoy and the kid from Notre Dame are both crap shoots. I can see both of them bombing if they are drafted into the wrong situation.
4. No rookie that is brought in will be able to play at the level where Campbell is currently at for at least 2 years.
5. The team does not have the existing personnel along the line to support success from a rookie quarterback (a la Flacco last year)

Based on these variables I would probably look to sign Campbell to a 2-to-3 year extension and focus on day 1 of the draft on rebuilding the offensive line.
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #57
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

[QUOTE=Drift Reality;64614
2. There aren't any young second-string quarter backs who I would consider acquiring via trade (a la Matt Schaub);
[/QUOTE]

shenanigans ! i call shenaigans!
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote