Parking Lot

Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #46
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Regulations On Salt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm well aware.
They have strawberries and hot peppers in those upside-down plants you see on TV too.

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #47
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Congrats to you and your green thumb. Not everyone has a yard, or if they do not everyone is blessed with suitable soil/growing conditions, and on top of everything not everyone has the time/knowledge to dedicate to a garden.

And at the end of the day how does a garden solve any of the things we're talking about here? Growing up my parents had a garden and even a small vineyard, they were always canning veggies, making wine, etc. But in the end you still have to rely on the grocery store for the majority of your food needs.
Yea growing a garden is very hard. We till the dirt, dig little holes and plant stuff. Its not really that hard and if someone cannot figure that out then they probably should die before they reproduce.JK Not sure how veggies became a part of the subject I just responded to what someone posted. While off the subject I don't think salt is a big cause of people getting fat either and its more about blood pre.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

I didn't say it was hard to do, but it can be a good amount of work depending on the size when it comes to weeding and watering. And it helps to have some basic knowledge of what you're growing as well.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #49
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yea growing a garden is very hard. We till the dirt, dig little holes and plant stuff. Its not really that hard and if someone cannot figure that out then they probably should die before they reproduce.JK Not sure how veggies became a part of the subject I just responded to what someone posted. While off the subject I don't think salt is a big cause of people getting fat either and its more about blood pre.

Yeah becasue salt and blood pressure have no correlation.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #50
olive523
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If it isn't organic there is nothing natural about it. Cheaper? Certainly in some cases it is but I'm pretty for the most part it isn't true. TV dinner is cheaper than making your own food. Better off people eat better food because they can afford better food not simply because they know better...this is the reality of the world.

well said, Saden, well said
olive523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #51
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive523 View Post
well said, Saden, well said

You have been here since 10/04 and only have 15 post and you respond to this? Who are you Silent Bob?

Oh you are Matty's wife, sorry. You always throw me for a loop.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #52
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Let me also add if you have not already seen it check out Food, Inc. great doc o nthe state of the food industry in our country.

Official Food, Inc. Movie Site - Hungry For Change?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #53
olive523
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You have been here since 10/04 and only have 15 post and you respond to this? Who are you Silent Bob?

Oh you are Matty's wife, sorry. You always throw me for a loop.
wow whats your problem?

Last edited by MTK; 04-21-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #54
mredskins
Gamebreaker

[quote=olive523;691206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Oh you are Matty's wife, sorry. You always throw me for a loop.[/QUOT

wow whats your problem?

No problem, I just saw that you been on here for a long time and it was strange that you answered in this thread for the first time in a long time but then I remember who you were and you peek in from time to time. Again I apologize.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #55
olive523
Camp Scrub

[quote=mredskins;691210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by olive523 View Post

No problem, I just saw that you been on here for a long time and it was strange that you answered in this thread for the first time in a long time but then I remember who you were and you peek in from time to time. Again I apologize.

gotcha
Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #56
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I remember back in high school one of my history teachers explaining to our class that most older Russian women have cankles because of the high salt content in the Soviet-era diet. I still laugh about that one.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #57
firstdown
Living Legend

I think tonight in keeping with this thread I'm going to eat a 16oz ribeye, bake potato with all the fixings, green beans cooked with some ham, good bread and pound it down with soda. I love salt on my steak and bake potato. I will finish it off with a loud FU Obama burp.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #58
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
What we really need is a drastic overhaul of the way our food is grown and produced. We've got animals jacked up on steroids and antibiotics. The water supply is going to shit, processed foods are full of sugar, salt, and are basically void of nutrition. Kids are fatter than ever and don't get enough exercise, nobody knows how to eat properly anymore and diabetes is a badge of honor it seems.
no s, and i don't think the government should ban any foods you just need parents and teachers to educate kids on a healthy life style. i rememeber seeing on the news a few weeks back some elementry school had bought a wii for their pe class, are you f-ing kidding me tell those little bastards to get off their ass and go kick a f-ing soccer ball around. it's just another step in the wrong direction with the whole attidue of being to lazy to do a damn thing about your own health and trying to sue mcdonalds for you being a fat ass. it's not like ronald mcdonald's scary ass is holding a gun to your head when you order your double 1/4 pounder with largew fries and a side of nuggets, but atleast you ordered a diet coke right? gotta watch your weight, people are annoying. sorry

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #59
mlmpetert
Playmaker

FYI if you are for this regulation you are probably a anti-Semite as many Kosher foods contain high amounts of sodium.

Big Brother and the Salt Fix

"It is also would seem that limiting salt in processed foods could violate ethnic and perhaps religious injunctions. Kosher food, for example, often contains significant amounts of sodium. The preparation of that food for marketing requires the supervision of appropriate rabbinical authorities. Are these now going to be governed by federal regulators instead? "

Some of you guys are despicable.........
Old 04-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #60
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
FYI if you are for this regulation you are probably a anti-Semite as many Kosher foods contain high amounts of sodium.

Big Brother and the Salt Fix

"It is also would seem that limiting salt in processed foods could violate ethnic and perhaps religious injunctions. Kosher food, for example, often contains significant amounts of sodium. The preparation of that food for marketing requires the supervision of appropriate rabbinical authorities. Are these now going to be governed by federal regulators instead? "

Some of you guys are despicable.........
You have no idea WTF you're talking about. Kosher salt is the best kind of salt you can eat and it cost more because it has no additives. The kind of "salt" you get in processed food is sodium benzoate or potassium benzoate which are notoriously bad for you.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote