Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #46
freddyg12
Playmaker

Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

IF they really like Clausen, McCoy or Lefevor (sp?) then it's worth it to make a deal to nab them even if we don't get "value" for AH. If they really feel one of these guys could be the qb of the future, I think you make the deal.

I thought Gibbs' trade for JC was a good one. Sure, it didn't pan out that JC is a franchise qb, but the price of getting a qb of the future is worth it because you need to have one in place to prepare asap. Unless that guy is C. Brennan & they don't want to re-sign JC, then I'm sure they're still looking at the qb's in this draft.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Haynesworth is staying for sure now.

The Lions and Titans were interested and both selected D-Linemen. Also, Fisher said outright that the talks about Big Al are over.
There were other teams interested, and at least one still is. I think we should know by 7pm
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There were other teams interested, and at least one still is. I think we should know by 7pm
7pm? 7minute rounds, so it's in the top 8 of the round? are you gonna start posting song titles to help us figure it out?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
IF they really like Clausen, McCoy or Lefevor (sp?) then it's worth it to make a deal to nab them even if we don't get "value" for AH. If they really feel one of these guys could be the qb of the future, I think you make the deal.

I thought Gibbs' trade for JC was a good one. Sure, it didn't pan out that JC is a franchise qb, but the price of getting a qb of the future is worth it because you need to have one in place to prepare asap. Unless that guy is C. Brennan & they don't want to re-sign JC, then I'm sure they're still looking at the qb's in this draft.
Like John Skelton or Jevan Snead?

Shameless plug: Sport Science: Jevan Snead - ESPN Video - ESPN
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #50
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
personally, i think this is a good time to expunge some players. get rid of jc, fat al, and whomever isnt going to fit long term plans for this team. granted the values of these guys may be 5ths or later, but..get some value.
hopefully they dont trade for clausen though
First off no team is going to give a 2-5 pick for JC. Just not going to happen. As for Fat Al there might be a outside chance we could get a pick. Facts are that unless we give up more picks in 2011 draft we are not picking in rounds 2-3 today. I think Allen and coach know that sometimes it's best to pay the prise of bad moves of the past[trading picks] and move on. As for Al make him come in and work for the money. If he dosen't like it let him be the waterboy! He payed a lot of money and it's time to be a man and a Pro football player. Facts are if he dose well that is the fastest way out of here. But to be a problem just makes it harder for him and the Redskins and No one wins there!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by credskinsrule View Post
7pm? 7minute rounds, so it's in the top 8 of the round? Are you gonna start posting song titles to help us figure it out?
lol!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #52
diehard
The Starter

I just want the 'Skins to do something today but, not too desperate.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #53
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post

To trade up If some one was to give us something for AH I wouldn't go after a QB here. It's OL! Or trade down to get another 3rd and pick OL and LB. Facts are QB is set with what we have unless someone is willing to give us something for JC[Not going to happen]. QB of the future is in drafts to come unless there is someone later in Saturdays part of the draft that coach likes!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #54
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Sure, most of these teams might want a QB but as I see it only 2 of them really need a QB.

Minnesota has TJ who has started for them before and possibly would have won the starting job had Favre not returned.

KC just spent all of that money on Matt Cassell and have yet to invest in his protection.

The Browns much like us have bought themselves some time by signing Jake Delhome

The Carolina Panthers believe that they have something in Matt Moore, otherwise why release Delhome. Don't feed m the Uncapped year BS there is more to it than that.

San Fran still has some faith in Alex Smith and they are going to give him another year to show up. Besides they have already passed on a QB yesterday.

So like I said, only Oakland and Buffalo truly need a QB. Truly only Oakland really needs one but Buffalo is the close second to the "need" category.
If Buffalo doesn't get Clausen, then I think trading for JC might be a good move for them. I say that because I just can't envision Colt McCoy playing in windy Buffalo behind a suspect OL. Jason has a much stronger arm than McCoy and he can throw well against the wind. Also, he's much bigger than McCoy and has shown that he can take a hit - something that any Buffalo QB will have to do on a regular basis.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #55
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Sure, most of these teams might want a QB but as I see it only 2 of them really need a QB.

Minnesota has TJ who has started for them before and possibly would have won the starting job had Favre not returned.

KC just spent all of that money on Matt Cassell and have yet to invest in his protection.

The Browns much like us have bought themselves some time by signing Jake Delhome

The Carolina Panthers believe that they have something in Matt Moore, otherwise why release Delhome. Don't feed m the Uncapped year BS there is more to it than that.

San Fran still has some faith in Alex Smith and they are going to give him another year to show up. Besides they have already passed on a QB yesterday.

So like I said, only Oakland and Buffalo truly need a QB. Truly only Oakland really needs one but Buffalo is the close second to the "need" category.

I disagree.

The Vikes have given TJ a shot and he did not keep the job. That's why they got Favre. I don't see him being a solution for a long term starter at QB in the eyes of the Vikings. Drafting Clausen #34 and giving him a year behind Favre and then turning it over to him with an already well established offense would be an ideal situation for them IMO.

I think the Browns signed Jake Delhome as a very temporary stop gap. It seems the best plan would be to draft a QB in this draft. Let me learn behind Jake for a season, or half a season if he falters early on, and then turn it over. I would feel much safer with Campbell as an option than Delhome.

The Panthers got rid of Delhome because he sucks, not b/c they have sooo much confidence in Moore IMO. I would feel safer about having Moore and Campbell instead of Moore by himself, who is an unproven players with the exception of a few good starts in relief.

I feel like there is a good enough market to move Campbell. I feel it would be best for him and the Redskins. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later in the 2nd round. HTTR.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #56
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Vikes still have Sage don't they?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #57
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Miss my post? The two teams interested in Hayesworth are no longer interested.

He's staying...as he should. Haynesworth is an anchor for the defense. Opponents have to double-team him. If they don't, they're in trouble. However, when they do, they can't also double-team Orakpo. One of the other gets through most plays.
You are right. Unless some one is willing to part with a #2 Big Al is best to stay put. If he knowns what is good for him he will come in a be a world beater. Doing well will get him a trade faster then being a problem child! If he look past himself in this D [he will be move around inside and out] and should have a very good season. Also by being a Pro football player you never know what might be coming down the road. Things happen in the NFL in perseason. Look what happen to the Skins and the J.Taylor trade. Teams are willing to pay top dollar when a season is on top of them and they are a player away form saving a season!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #58
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Minnesota, Miami and Oakland are the only teams that currently have picks in the top of round 2 that would make any sense: 1) Minnesota because Haynesworth could really push them over the top, 2) Miami because Miami could use Haynesworth and is closer to being a contender than most people think, and 3) Oakland because Al Davis is stupid.

I must say, i'd take a certain pleasure in Haynesworth being shipped to Oakland. He'd leave a 3-4 defense with a team on the rise for a 3-4 defense with an insane owner and a coaching staff more incompetent than the one Haynesworth played for last year. Al Davis, please send us your 2nd and 3rd round picks for Haynesworth and Campbell.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #59
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If Buffalo doesn't get Clausen, then I think trading for JC might be a good move for them. I say that because I just can't envision Colt McCoy playing in windy Buffalo behind a suspect OL. Jason has a much stronger arm than McCoy and he can throw well against the wind. Also, he's much bigger than McCoy and has shown that he can take a hit - something that any Buffalo QB will have to do on a regular basis.
I dont see Campbell as being much of an upgrade over Trent Edwards.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #60
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
To trade up If some one was to give us something for AH I wouldn't go after a QB here. It's OL! Or trade down to get another 3rd and pick OL and LB. Facts are QB is set with what we have unless someone is willing to give us something for JC[Not going to happen]. QB of the future is in drafts to come unless there is someone later in Saturdays part of the draft that coach likes!
I'd love to see the Skins find a way to add Charles Brown to the team. He is a very athletic OT who seems to me to be a very good fit for Sanahan's offense. We'd get a lot better fast on the OL with Trent and Charles. That would make me very happy with the draft.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote