Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Own a Piece of Paper Implying Stock That Has No True Value Yet Ceremoniously Says You Own a Piece of the Packers. Or Don't. What Do I Care.

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #46
saden1
MVP

Re: Own a Piece of Paper Implying Stock That Has No True Value Yet Ceremoniously Says You Own a Piece of the Packers. Or Don't. What Do I Care.

Given that they only need 143 million why are they trying to raise 200 million? Should be interesting to see how many suckers buy their worthless certificate.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 12-06-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #47
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Own a Piece of Paper Implying Stock That Has No True Value Yet Ceremoniously Says You Own a Piece of the Packers. Or Don't. What Do I Care.

"COMMON STOCK DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN INVESTMENT IN “STOCK” IN THE COMMON SENSE OF THE TERM"

so i can buy a share of unregulated "stock" for $275, and they can buy it back for just under $0.03

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?!?!?!1/1/1
Old 12-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #48
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Amazing what people will argue and over analyze now a days.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #49
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Regrets.....my attorney has advised that I read no more.....he will be in touch with all of you deceivers and subsequent.....Shape Shifters.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #50
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sigh...
LOL...I apologize,just blame me,people like that.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #51
diehard
The Starter

I'll buy a share and list it on eBay or Cragslist.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #52
Mechanix544
The Starter

What a swindle.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #53
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
"COMMON STOCK DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN INVESTMENT IN “STOCK” IN THE COMMON SENSE OF THE TERM"

so i can buy a share of unregulated "stock" for $275, and they can buy it back for just under $0.03

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?!?!?!1/1/1
It sure does. Here is a def of common stock.

Securities representing equity ownership in a corporation, providing voting rights, and entitling the holder to a share of the company's success through dividends and/or capital appreciation. In the event of liquidation, common stockholders have rights to a company's assets only after bondholders, other debt holders, and preferred stockholders have been satisfied. Typically, common stockholders receive one vote per share to elect the company's board of directors

Its just the owners of common stock are the bottom feeders when the company goes belly up. I understood what was for sale here but calling it common stock is very misleading.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #54
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sigh...
I'll second that. This, this is what I get to look forward to when I come home from work? Arguing about the validity of a joke thread title about owning an NFL team?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #55
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Wow ... just Wow!

We do I believe this thread is doomed to the darkest pits of Thread Hell?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #56
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Wow ... just Wow!

We do I believe this thread is doomed to the darkest pits of Thread Hell?
Especially with the grammar of "We do I"

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #57
mlmpetert
Playmaker

SmootSmack, you mentioned you might buy a share just to say youre a owner. Im not sure if that was anecdotal, but do you think people would consider paying 250 for this thing if it said in big bold letters “Not a Real Stock” or “Souvenir Stock” or “Has No Value” on it? Of course not. Someone wants this thing so they can hang it in their office or in their home as a talking piece and “Fake Stock” would quickly kill any conversation. The vast majority of people who buy this thing are going to display it and speak to it like it’s a real stock, partly because I honestly believe most people don’t really know what it is.

Financial instruments are not intuitive to most people. I work in a finance related field, volunteer and work with a VCU finance club which volunteers within the Richmond community to spread financial awareness, and I try to at least yearly volunteer with Junior Achievement who’s primary goal is to spread financial literacy to underprivileged kids. I can promise you most Americans have a limited understanding of financial instruments and products; not because they are dumb, but because most people have little experience with what is a very large, broad and complex industry. So when a company makes and sells fake stock to people who may not be informed on what they are buying its pretty upsetting to me.

I knew Green Bay made “Stock Offerings” but like most people out there I assumed they were actually making legit offerings. I clicked on this link today thinking there was an offering of sorts for stock, the real kind. I never thought that Green Bay was selling fake stock to people to who intentionally or unintentionally represent it as real stock to others. Honestly I would bet the majoirity of people who actually buy arnt truly aware of what it is or its value. Even the price is what a reasonable person would think a share of ownership in the team would cost. The whole thing is pretty appalling to me.

The primary disclaimers are awful:

COMMON STOCK DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN INVESTMENT IN “STOCK” IN THE COMMON SENSE OF THE TERM.
PURCHASERS SHOULD NOT PURCHASE COMMON STOCK WITH THE PURPOSE OF MAKING A PROFIT

It should say this is a Souvenir/Ceremonial/Reproduction Stock, not something and ambiguous as “this doesn’t constitute an investment in sock in the common sense”. Guess what, options and other derivatives arnt investments in stock in the common sense either. It should just flat out say that this is not Common Stock in any sense the either word or term.

The second part kind of resembles an investment disclosure, and makes people think that while you shouldn’t buy this with the intent to make a profit, that making a profit may be possible. Just like how they see things like “past performance is no guarantee of future results” or “investments should suite your risk tolerance”.

It should be clear that these are NOT Redeemable or Transferable. They should also list the actual value of .03 cents or whatever it in clear view. It should be clearly stated that this not a Common Stock in any sense of the term and has no value other then sentimental. It should be apparent that this is merely a donation to Green Bay with worthless voting rights attached, used to confuse the purchaser.

I am all for personally responsibility and the buyer beware mentality but if youre going to sell something and you say youre Issuing Common Stock you need to make sure its instantly apparent to anyone who goes on that site that this is in no way common stock or anything more than a gag or souvenir. Otherwise call it what it is, Fake Common Stock.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #58
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
/ become a shareholder in what you believe /
^Ridiculous
Old 12-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Just to make an awful thread even more awful.

As an Adderall patient since I was in middle school, I can say that this drug has wonderful effects in its increase of thought production and focus. However, as I have now become close to graduating with my Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, I can tell you that it is one of the most utilized medications by Psychiatrists when behavioral modification techniques could work just as well. My wife was told that the company that makes Adderall has met its quota for the year when she went to try and have her prescription filled.

This is the FDAs way of controlling the amount of the drug given to the population; otherwise there are no restrictions on how many people the professionals prescribe the drug to. There are no definitive tests, such as blood tests, that professionals can use to be certain a patient has ADD or ADHD; it relies completely on the behaviors explained by the patient and then the doctor makes a judgment as to whether he or she needs the medication. If a person is serious enough about getting the medicine, all he or she needs to do is conduct a Google search on the symptoms of ADD or ADHD to tell the doctor. I know many people that have done this and succeeded in getting the medication for their self or their children to sell for profit. There are many more choices for ADD and ADHD medications than there once was and most of them are now stimulant free because of the long-term damage that stimulants cause to the temporal lobes of the brain and nervous system.

In fact, if you can get a hold of a documentary called Generation Rx, I advise you to watch it, even if you aren’t the type to find documentaries interesting (I know you can find it on Netflix). It was once I watched this that I realized that I was a victim in an epidemic where the pharmaceutical industry pushed drugs on society, albeit legally but no less harmful. Anyways, in the documentary there is a video of a conference to validate Adderall’s use for the public and what you see will outright amaze you that the drug even made it into public use. The spokesman turns to one of the psychiatrists and states, “Doctor, you have had thousands of cases of prescribing Adderall to treat ADD and ADHD, would you please tell everyone here the symptoms that validate the use of this drug for treatment.” This is not word for word how it was actually said but I promise my wording does not distort the actual message in any way.

Every time the doctor would begin explaining a symptom requiring the drug he would begin stuttering and back up to try and explain another symptom only to stutter again. This continued the whole time because he knew that every symptom he was going to explain as a symptom in need of the drug could be caused by a multitude of other things which may get pointed out and there was no way for him to validate its use for a disorder that the pharmaceutical company collaborated on to make money. They even pushed it into the schools; it was recommended by my school nurse in 7th grade when I was 13 that I may have ADD and that I should see a doctor; I’m 29 now and even though I had been on Adderall for 16 years, when I saw this I realized that I was a victim of this epidemic to make up the disorders of ADD and ADHD to push drugs that would make students manageable in the classroom. Not to mention, make a butt load of money off of this in the process.

It is amazing that it is assumed that our kids will not be able to focus without drugs and with how widespread this epidemic has become it may in fact happen; the human brain, nervous system, and sensory perception systems in the body are designed to be able to focus on what it wants (this is key here). Parents will just have to become a little more involved in controlling their children’s habitual behavioral patterns to remedy the focus problem, such as making them sit down and eat without getting up or watching T.V.; when watching a movie or engaged in conversation with another, put the cell phone on silent and ignore it because the interruption of constant text messaging is just rude; children just need to be taught which things to ignore when engaged in an activity which is difficult now more than ever with the widespread use of cell phones and other technologies.

Trust me, watch the documentary because it will change your perspective on how you think you “need” medicine for a “disorder” that is nothing more than a fabrication to manage the public and make money off of us! It’s truly saddening that pharmaceutical companies have created more addictions in the public and have people believing it is okay because doctors say it is!

If anything, Obama is trying to rid our population of the injustice that has been cast upon us by an uncaring industry trying to make money! If anyone wants to get mad at someone, get mad at those who have fed us these lies without any concern for our health. Ever wonder why medicines are advertised on television? No patient should have options to choose which medications they want; it should only be up to the doctor who knows the science behind the patient’s medical history to judge which medication should be used. It’s all about the money, not the well-being and curing of the public! Do not be fooled into believing that every disorder is real because doctors say it is and can be fixed with a pill which they also say!!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #60
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

HOLY HELL....picked the wrong time for an Adderall shortage......
Closed Thread