7-5 Post-Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-28-2022, 04:09 AM   #46
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: 7-5 Post-Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
BRob with his 1st game ball, congratulations!!

https://twitter.com/commanders/statu...dS3J4fouOmMAng
I don't think I've felt such an emotional turn around in one season with this team. Early this season I was as down and emotionally detached from this team as I had ever been since starting rooting for them, and now, even knowing we're not legit contenders, I love those guys, players, coaches, what they show on the field, who a lot of them seem to be as human beings... How do you not love this team right now ?

PS: sorry for the posting spree, just finish watching the game and I'm as pumped as if I had watched it live.

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2022, 04:49 AM   #47
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It’s a playoff defense but we don’t have a playoff QB. Like Heineke but he won’t win throwing for 140 yards in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark Brunnel 2005 playoff game vs tampa - 8/15 for 41 yards (25 after 2 sacks for -16 yards) 0 td, 1 int... also 4 rushes for 6 yards

we won that game.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:58 AM   #48
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
In 20 years of ownership how many times did he say that? He obviously doesn’t know shit about QB’s. McNabb, Jeff George, Alex
Smith, Wentz, RGIII, Haskins, etc.
Alex Smith was good. even with the exploded leg he was 11-7. We're just snakebit. Before that Dan's biggest mistake was not attempting to get Drew Brees. Before that letting Trent Green walk.

And drafting a bunch of guys that never panned out (Patrick Ramsey was a Snyder pick, and RGIII was too). Kirk was/is good, but he never had any intention of staying here, despite what he may have said to the press.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:36 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Mark Brunnel 2005 playoff game vs tampa - 8/15 for 41 yards (25 after 2 sacks for -16 yards) 0 td, 1 int... also 4 rushes for 6 yards

we won that game.

I remember that game, it was brutal to watch lol

Old 11-28-2022, 07:40 AM   #50
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I love, I mean freakin LOVE, that kind of football ! That kind of W !

Loved the physicality, I love our Oline, no pro-bowlers in there, but the unit has been playing well, better than pff says in my not so educated but not so humble either opinion.

That game was won in the trenches on both sides of the ball for us !

Also loved seeing our receivers making some solid blocks ! McLaurin, Brown and Samuel all had very good blocks on key runs !

I think this game highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of that defense: our DL is awesome, I think our secondary is young and promising, but our LB squad sucks, even with an improved Jamin Davis, and it showed with how easily they ran it on us, especially outside the box, we lack speed at LB.
Wish we had got Roquan Smith
Old 11-28-2022, 08:01 AM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington Twitter is down in TH and I get it but at the end of the day he’s 6-1 this year. Yes it’s mainly because of the defense and yes I’d love to see Sam play but you can’t pull Taylor unless it snowballs

Old 11-28-2022, 08:41 AM   #52
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Washington Twitter is down in TH and I get it but at the end of the day he’s 6-1 this year. Yes it’s mainly because of the defense and yes I’d love to see Sam play but you can’t pull Taylor unless it snowballs

Taylor definitely almost cost us that game. I mean it certainly wasn’t the D, or the backs. It wasn’t people dropping balls. The coaches did a good job. Taylor had some absolutely awful misses and int’s, and was clearly the shaky part of the team. It just begs the question what if we had solid quarterback play? But yes you cannot make changes now because we are winning . I would love to see him run sometimes instead of forcing balls.

If he looks real bad against the Giants next week, and is holding us back - than Id be all in favor of letting Sam get in the game. We are in the drivers seat for the playoffs. So if it becomes apparent that Taylor is the weak link get him out.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #53
rocnrik
Playmaker

Why are they not running Taylor like Falcons did with MM ? At least do it enough to soften up the coverage.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:14 AM   #54
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Taylor definitely almost cost us that game. I mean it certainly wasn’t the D, or the backs. It wasn’t people dropping balls. The coaches did a good job. Taylor had some absolutely awful misses and int’s, and was clearly the shaky part of the team. It just begs the question what if we had solid quarterback play? But yes you cannot make changes now because we are winning . I would love to see him run sometimes instead of forcing balls.

If he looks real bad against the Giants next week, and is holding us back - than Id be all in favor of letting Sam get in the game. We are in the drivers seat for the playoffs. So if it becomes apparent that Taylor is the weak link get him out.
if we are still in a playoff push; CW will be in before Sam if they decide to pull TH.

The problem with pulling TH is that this team really rallies around him, i be afraid if Ron pulled him the air come out the team balloon.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:19 AM   #55
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
if we are still in a playoff push; CW will be in before Sam if they decide to pull TH.

The problem with pulling TH is that this team really rallies around him, i be afraid if Ron pulled him the air come out the team balloon.
If Heinicke plays like he did yesterday or gets hurt, I'm fine with Wentz going back in as long as he can't reach 70% of the snaps. I'd prefer Howell, but I'd understand the decision.

I'm assuming the 70% doesn’t include playoffs, but I could be wrong.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:37 AM   #56
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If Heinicke plays like he did yesterday or gets hurt, I'm fine with Wentz going back in as long as he can't reach 70% of the snaps. I'd prefer Howell, but I'd understand the decision.

I'm assuming the 70% doesn’t include playoffs, but I could be wrong.
i love SH i hope he gets a opportunity but this isn't the season until we are out of the playoff pic.

My though is when CW was in at the start of the season they thought ok we are going to be able to throw more and lean on a NFL starter level QB, that didn't work out. I think now if CW comes back you treat him like TH but it opens the door to more play calls. Defenses know with TH we can't bomb it out, i think CW in keeps the safeties honest and you chuck it a couple times to remind them, that opens the door even more for the RBs.

When the day is done CW is a better QB then TH.

The X factor with TH is that the team really rises up for him, so its a tough call.

I keep CW and TH both on a short leash if they start a game.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:53 AM   #57
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I remember that game, it was brutal to watch lol

It was also 17 years ago. NFL has changed a lot.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:59 AM   #58
SunnySide
Playmaker

There is a Carson Wentz playbook and then there is a Taylor Heinike playbook.

Heinike playbook is run, run and first read quick pass plays. If the first read isnt there then scramble and go off schedule. A 2 yard gain is a positive play, a 8 yard sack or penalty = 3 n out. Heinike is not asked to drop back there and go through progressions.

Wentz .. its going to be more traditional 5-7 step drop, hold ball let the long down field pass plays develop. We can still run a ton and the PA should be a thing. Problem is doing first read pass plays doesnt really seems to work with Wentz bc I think he processes things slow and then has no avoid/off schedule create abilities. He can step into a pocket then run forward for 7 yards but outside pocket? I dont want to see that.

Heinikes playbook wins if we hold the opposing team to 20 or less points. Razor thin margin of error .. were things just magically happen. Muffed punt deep, safety runs into referree, interception by forearm in endzone yesterday ... 58 yard field goal.

Heinike playbook wins TOP, which helps our D as well. Henike playbook compliments our team better (O line isnt asked to pass pro, they arent good at pass pro .. you dont want Leno going 1 on 1 with a speed edge guy and asking the Qb to drop back 7 steps)

short read -- team plays better as west coast/run (heinike) vs traditional pocket (wentz)
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:10 AM   #59
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
There is a Carson Wentz playbook and then there is a Taylor Heinike playbook.

Heinike playbook is run, run and first read quick pass plays. If the first read isnt there then scramble and go off schedule. A 2 yard gain is a positive play, a 8 yard sack or penalty = 3 n out. Heinike is not asked to drop back there and go through progressions.

Wentz .. its going to be more traditional 5-7 step drop, hold ball let the long down field pass plays develop. We can still run a ton and the PA should be a thing. Problem is doing first read pass plays doesnt really seems to work with Wentz bc I think he processes things slow and then has no avoid/off schedule create abilities. He can step into a pocket then run forward for 7 yards but outside pocket? I dont want to see that.

Heinikes playbook wins if we hold the opposing team to 20 or less points. Razor thin margin of error .. were things just magically happen. Muffed punt deep, safety runs into referree, interception by forearm in endzone yesterday ... 58 yard field goal.

Heinike playbook wins TOP, which helps our D as well. Henike playbook compliments our team better (O line isnt asked to pass pro, they arent good at pass pro .. you dont want Leno going 1 on 1 with a speed edge guy and asking the Qb to drop back 7 steps)

short read -- team plays better as west coast/run (heinike) vs traditional pocket (wentz)
so play CW with the TH playbook and it gives you the ability to have a long ball.

TH really hasn't been scrambling around much.

At this point i run with TH but his leash is as long as a my shoe lace and i am not wearing boots.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:16 AM   #60
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This is not a championship defense. You can't put Bostic out there and be a championship defense.

I do think if they can keep Payne, get CY back healthy and add another piece or two they may be on their way.
When absolutely healthy the defense looks like:

DE Young, Sweat
DT Allen, Payne
LB Davis, Holcomb
CB St. Juste, Fuller, McCain
S Forrest, Curl

It's on the brink but I need someone on the back 7 to take that step into top level whether its, BSJ, Forrest, Curl, or Davis

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote