Musgrave Moving On?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-24-2006, 08:21 PM   #46
ST21
Impact Rookie

Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
losing musgrave isnt that big a deal to me.he was only here one season and if you look at it like a trade,all of us would trade musgrave for saunders
Who cares....good by

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2006, 02:05 AM   #47
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...24falcons.html

Washington Redskins quarterbacks coach Bill Musgrave will interview with the Falcons this morning, the team confirmed.

Atlanta asked for and received permission on Monday to speak to Musgrave. He coached Falcons backup quarterback Matt Schaub in college and is familiar with Atlanta's running and passing game.

The Redskins recently hired Al Saunders as offensive coordinator. The Washington Post reported that all of the Redskins assistant coaches recently received contract extensions.

The Falcons have been interviewing candidates to replace quarterbacks coach Mike Johnson, whose contract was not renewed.

Musgrave appears to be high on the Falcons' list based on his experience playing in the NFL and serving as an offensive coordinator in the league as well as at Virginia, where he coached Schaub in 2001-02.

Musgrave, a backup quarterback with San Francisco and Denver, has coached quarterbacks in Oakland, Philadelphia, Carolina and Jacksonville, serving as offensive coordinator with the Eagles, Panthers and Jaguars as well.

The Falcons hope to find a coach who relates well to starter Michael Vick and Schaub and can improve their effectiveness in coordinator Greg Knapp's version of the West Coast offense. Knapp also works with quarterbacks.

Musgrave also has experience working with left-handed quarterbacks — Vick is a lefty — having worked with Mark Brunell in Jacksonville and Washington.
May the door knob hit him im the Ass on the way out....Please I hope it doesn't get stuck in his ass as it slams....Maybe he will take his Buddy Marky Mark with him.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #48
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
seriously. One of the things i don't like, is when a player gets injured, it's really nice that he decides to stay in the game and try to do his best, but if you can't make a big impact, just rest it. We have capable backups. I love Portis, but i felt like if he wasn't making that big impact out there, give Betts some time and take a breather. Same with Mark Brunell. They are both awesome players, when healthy. We love that you still want to give your all for the team, but sometimes you just need to step down until you get healthy again.
You have to have a Coach with The BALLS to pull a guy out when he CLEARY cant get the job done.... I wont blame Marky Mark for this, But someone should have had the balls to pull him....
Old 01-25-2006, 02:35 AM   #49
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
Is anyone else worried that it could take Saunders some time (as in a couple of years) to get adjusted to these players and these other coaches? More specifically, if it does take some time, is anyone else worried that Gregg Williams may have moved on or Gibbs may have re-retired by then?

I don't really think this will be a problem, I mean just look how fast Williams turned our D around, but i still have to wonder. Sometimes I feel like we're making such a hard push for a Super Bowl that it won't be able to last more than a few years.
I do not think that there will be that big of a problem with the transition from Gibbs offense to Saunders offense. Saunders already said that the biggest similarities is the terminology. I have heard before that terminology is the biggest hurdle for a player when he leaves on team and goes to another. So if the philosophy and the terminology are similar than our players should not have that much trouble.

Also, think of it this way, Gibbs brought players in that he felt would work in this offense, Saunders had to use players that Vermeil broght in, Saunders did not get to pick his players such as Gibbs did. So if the offenses are of the same philosophy than the players that we have should not really have that hard of a time to pick up Saunders offense.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:26 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

I don't think Gibbs would have made such a major decision like this if he didn't feel it would be a relatively smooth transition.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 AM   #51
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Looks like a definite yes:

http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10829

I really think this is a non-event. I'm sure Musgrave helped, but I don't see his leaving having a huge impact - especially if Campbell is the starter.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #52
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Love to see an open competition in training camp.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:16 AM   #53
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Nice sig, TMC - now that is funny!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #54
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
May the door knob hit him im the Ass on the way out....Please I hope it doesn't get stuck in his ass as it slams....Maybe he will take his Buddy Marky Mark with him.
Damn. So much hate. We make the playoffs for the first time in seven years, go from 30th to 11th in offense, and the QB has 23 TD passes and 10 plays over 40 yards.

Can't we just thank the man for his contributions and wish him well?
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:34 AM   #55
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
You have to have a Coach with The BALLS to pull a guy out when he CLEARY cant get the job done.... I wont blame Marky Mark for this, But someone should have had the balls to pull him....
Why do I get the feeling that, no matter what Gibbs/Williams do, you will see a big dark conspiracy to keep players you like from starting. Perhaps the coach who has won 3 superbowls with 3 different QB's may actually know a thing or two about who is the best QB to play? 'Cause if you are attempting to call him out (who is the "someone" who didn't have the balls?), you're wayyyyy off-base.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:45 AM   #56
MTK
\m/

C'mon, how could we really expect a guy like Gibbs who knows more about football and QBs than this entire forum to really know what he's doing? A handful of armchair coaches just can't be wrong when it comes to Ramsey's immense, unrealized potential. I'm sure he'll go rip it up elsewhere just like the majority of all ex-Skins have since Gibbs took over.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #57
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

4-bowls, three Rings, HOF, 10 year basement tour 2 playoffs in 2 seasons. THAT DUDE KNOWS SHIT!
Q. Doctor Bubbba, why do I act so irrationally? A. Son, you have WP ninnyism. I see it a lot around here
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #58
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

will the falcons implement the shotgun now?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #59
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
C'mon, how could we really expect a guy like Gibbs who knows more about football and QBs than this entire forum to really know what he's doing? A handful of armchair coaches just can't be wrong when it comes to Ramsey's immense, unrealized potential. I'm sure he'll go rip it up elsewhere just like the majority of all ex-Skins have since Gibbs took over.

Stan Humphries did ok.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:30 AM   #60
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Stan Humphries did ok.
I didn't realize Humphries was still playing.

I was referring to ex-Skins since he came back, sorry if that wasn't clear.