Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Parking Lot

Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So my Hawaii news station was saying 2 dead 90 injured. The NY post was saying 12 dead 50 injured. You're saying 3 dead 141 injured. Then we hear that the 'suspect' was captured and is a Saudi. Then we hear he no one has been captured. What is up with reporting today?
There is a lot of chaos/hearsay/incorrect information after something like this happens (I remember during 9/11 hearing that there was an explosion at the State Department that was untrue). Honestly, I feel with the communication we have nowadays, incorrect information travels faster.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #47
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So my Hawaii news station was saying 2 dead 90 injured. The NY post was saying 12 dead 50 injured. You're saying 3 dead 141 injured. Then we hear that the 'suspect' was captured and is a Saudi. Then we hear he no one has been captured. What is up with reporting today?
its just media being media. they report as they hear it, I am sure there is basic fact cbecking, but they all try to get information to the air first and with the most dramatic spin.

specific numbers aren't the story, each one represents a circle of changed lives. and the fact that tbis was successful is being noted across the world. I hope they identify the groups responsible quickly.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #48
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
your point is true, but I also am always amazed that the US sees so little of this type of attack.
I just watched ZD30 last night and finished thinking how bad ass our intelligence community is. I think it's why we've been fortunate to not have this happening on every corner like other paces in the world. But you can't stop them all...no matter how much man-power and money you put into it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #49
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Meet Carlos Arredondo, The Cowboy Hat-Wearing Hero Of The Boston Marathon Bombing

I'm sure some have seen the horrific pictures of the guy being push in the wheel chair with what appears to be both legs missing and with the look of total shock on his face. The guy running next to him in the cowboy hat is Carlos Arredondo. It turns out that Carlos was pinching the artery of the guys leg shut to stop the bleeding. Not sure if the guy ended up making it but Carlos definitely gave him a chance. Thank God for people like that.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #50
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Boston Marathon Explosions - Live Update Thread #3 : news

There is a lot of misinformation being put out there, but this Reddit thread does a great job of giving advice and keeping everything organized in one place.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah the poor dude in the wheelchair was just horrible. I won't be searching for any other pics thats for sure.
I can't get that image out of my head. Really hope that guy will be alright.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #52
firstdown
Living Legend

It says alot about people when you have people running to help hearing another bomb going off but they still run in not knowing what may come next. Also this is a clip I read this morning.

By Tracy Connor and Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News
Those wounded in the Boston Marathon bomb attack included two brothers who went to cheer on a friend, and each lost a leg, their mother told the Boston Globe.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #53
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
It says alot about people when you have people running to help hearing another bomb going off but they still run in not knowing what may come next. Also this is a clip I read this morning.
Agreed. There's a clip of police, soldiers, EMTs, race workers, and spectators tearing away the fences and guardrails trying to get to the injured just moments after the blast that makes me tear up every time I see it. These people just instantly decided to do whatever they could out of instinct and it's just amazing to me.

There is definitely a lot of evil out in the world but every time something like this happens it proves that there are even more heroes waiting to do the right thing.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #54
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Patton Oswald

Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #55
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

No unexploded bombs at Boston Marathon, Massachusetts Governor says - ESPN Boston

So that report that there were other bombs was bogus. Even reports that the police did a controlled detonation of said devices. Mass media is shitty to say the least. They should endure fines for this type of reporting.

Eight-year-old marathon victim’s mother severely injured

Breaks my heart to see stuff like this. RIP
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 04-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #56
MTK
\m/

With any major tragedy info flies around fast and furious. It's awfully hard to weed out all the inaccurate info in the midst of the initial chaos.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #57
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
With any major tragedy info flies around fast and furious. It's awfully hard to weed out all the inaccurate info in the midst of the initial chaos.
Not to long ago a News Networks would verify something before they put it out to the public. With the race to be the first they have thrown integrity out the window. I don't blame the blogs but the major networks should use better judgement.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #58
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not to long ago a News Networks would verify something before they put it out to the public. With the race to be the first they have thrown integrity out the window. I don't blame the blogs but the major networks should use better judgement.
I was watching something the other night about when Reagan got shot. In the intial news reports there was all sorts of misinformation. Some initial reports said he wasn't hit and was ok.

I think most networks were pretty careful yesterday in stressing when reports weren't completely verified.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #59
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Meet Carlos Arredondo, The Cowboy Hat-Wearing Hero Of The Boston Marathon Bombing

I'm sure some have seen the horrific pictures of the guy being push in the wheel chair with what appears to be both legs missing and with the look of total shock on his face. The guy running next to him in the cowboy hat is Carlos Arredondo. It turns out that Carlos was pinching the artery of the guys leg shut to stop the bleeding. Not sure if the guy ended up making it but Carlos definitely gave him a chance. Thank God for people like that.
Some reports say he was actually holding the tourniquet tight on his leg. Either way I agree the guy deserves major props for helping out like he did.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #60
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I was watching something the other night about when Reagan got shot. In the intial news reports there was all sorts of misinformation. Some initial reports said he wasn't hit and was ok.

I think most networks were pretty careful yesterday in stressing when reports weren't completely verified.
Maybe its been the case but latly it seems they are throwing out any info they obtain by any source.