Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #46
Skinzman
The Starter

Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Smoot I agree with you on Cundiff, but I will add that the Falcons are totally explosive on offense and every possesion will count this Sunday, so he better make all his FGs this week. The Skins will not be able to stop this team on defense, they will score 30+, the Redskins can only hope to stay with them.
The Skins wont be staying with Atlanta if they are relying on Cundiff anyways, except for extra points. Im a lot more worried about the defense at this point.

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #47
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Can Jabar kick too?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #48
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lovin Cundiff work on kickoffs. Gano had multiple kicks out of bounds resulting in the starting spot of the 40 last year, thats insane. Cundiff getting more touchbacks as well.
Tbh, that was all Danny Smith. He kept wanting Gano to corner kick it believing our coverage teams would hopefully force other teams to start at the 19 3/4 yard line instead of the 20 yard line. Starting the other team at the 19 3/4 yard line once and starting at the 40 yard line 5 times was considered a success to DS. Dont know why, but he seems to think anything is better than the other team starting at the 20, even if its past the 20.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #49
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Personally everyone can have a bad day. If his misses continue then bring in someone else.

On a side note.... who do we bring in as the replacement? Gano? perhaps, D.Smith had to set the coaching staff right I've heard and pointed out that it was not Gano's fault for most of the kicks last year, the fault lied in the OL for not blocking.

So besides Gano who does the team bring in? are there any Rookie kickers out their with strong legs? or perhaps in the CFL?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I really want Rex to get fired so he can be our next D coord. I am sure the media would love the Ryan vs. Ryan story when we play the Cowpukes.
I keep hoping this occurs. lol. But no matter what this team needs to go out and draft young fast talented CB's in 2013.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #51
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

"Why keep the young kicker with the strong leg?? He's cost us so many meaningful games!! Bring in the vet, he's money from inside the 40!!"

So much for that....

I'm a Gano lover, but cutting Cundiff now is the wrong move. Sends a bad message. Give him time to right the ship... but if not...

GANO
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #52
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I keep hoping this occurs. lol. But no matter what this team needs to go out and draft young fast talented CB's in 2013.
I don't want any coach with the last name Ryan anywhere near our team. Family of jerkweeds.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #53
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I don't want any coach with the last name Ryan anywhere near our team. Family of jerkweeds.
let's see you take this under advisement, jerkweed
Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #54
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I want someone like Wade Phillips, who took a terrible 4-3 defense and turned into into a top 3-4 defense overnight.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #55
saden1
MVP

Man, I never thought I would ever prefer Gano over anyone but missing 40 and under field-goals for a vet and a pro is inexcusable. If Billyboy misses another gimmie kick you have to cut him during the game.

-Jenkins
Old 10-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #56
vallin21
The Starter

Here's my problem(s) with Cundiff

- He's too consistently inconsistent; more so than Gano was IMO
- I'll give him a pass on the 57 yarder, but when you miss a 31 yard kick, that is unforgivable.
- He made the kick but as many have mentioned; 1 yard back, he misses, and we're 2-2
- Lastly, when people say "he made the kick that counted", while that's true, he missed 3 others before that. If he makes just 1 of those kicks we might not have discussion. You can't ignore or dismiss, the 3 prior misses, knowing that if we were just a yard back from missing.

Bottom Line: Whether it's Gano or whoever; I would like the FO to bring in a few K's. Any K can lose a game; but Cundiff has lost several in his career. We need to take a look at K's if he has another bad game this wk.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post

- I'll give him a pass on the 57 yarder, but when you miss a 31 yard kick, that is unforgivable.
- He made the kick but as many have mentioned; 1 yard back, he misses, and we're 2-2
- Lastly, when people say "he made the kick that counted", while that's true, he missed 3 others before that. If he makes just 1 of those kicks we might not have discussion. You can't ignore or dismiss, the 3 prior misses, knowing that if we were just a yard back from missing.

Bottom Line: Whether it's Gano or whoever; I would like the FO to bring in a few K's. Any K can lose a game; but Cundiff has lost several in his career. We need to take a look at K's if he has another bad game this wk.
If the offense actually scores a TD in one of those three offensive series that ended in a missed field goal, we might not have a discussion either.

We can't have a crappy kicking game and I am sure Cundiff is going to be in a short leash, however our defense just has to score TDs. To me that's the big picture.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #58
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post

right before he missed that one, i was thinking about the ravens game. hopefully he tightens up and erases all doubt
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #59
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I want someone like Wade Phillips, who took a terrible 4-3 defense and turned into into a top 3-4 defense overnight.

This. Wade Phillips is definitely the guy I would want to run our defense. **** him being a head coach though.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
bigdaddy2348
Camp Scrub

Quote:
I'd rather the team focuses on how to actually score TDs instead of FGs and improve that 3rd down conversion rate. Because those things are going to lose us games more than Cundiff.

That being said, I am sure the Redskins will do their due diligence and bring in some kicker competition this week. I'm a bit bummed that some teams out there have picked up rookie FA who are doing well and with our kicking woes the only competition was between Rackers and Gano.
I argee I would much rather see TD. Shanny said that they wasn't bring anyone in, however ask Gano if that means anything.
Closed Thread